cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

st joseph pennisula and st george island state parks

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
we are going on a new adventure with the new camper and driving down to cape san blas to st joseph pennisula state park for 4 nites then driving over to st george island state park for a couple days....anybody been there with advice...i see there is a place to eat called cone heads near by...any other places?
:W
45 REPLIES 45

nospam8160
Explorer
Explorer
We spend 2 months per year on Cape San Blas (St. Joseph's Peninsula). Coneheads recently changed their dinner menu and eliminated sandwiches after lunch. Their entrees are terrible but lunch sandwiches are pretty good. The best restaurant around, IMO, is "Provisions" in Port St. Joe. The Coastal Grill in PSJ is also excellent with terrific views. Good Apalach restaurants include "Up The Creek" raw bar (a bit expensive for such a casual place), Caroline's, and Boss Oyster for raw oysters and fried seafood.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Both are nice parks, but we prefer St Joseph Peninsula - closer to the beach. Here are some pix and comments.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

campkrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I have pics below of St George. We don't care for St. JOSEPH. Bose oyster is good.

HappyCamper89
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember correctly, we did pick up some local channels.

Our dog loved running on the beaches of Cape San Blas!! There are many public entrances to the beach and dogs are allowed on all of the beaches.....except the one inside the state park.

We have tried Coneheads and it was decent food......very convenient to the State Park.
2009 Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB
2007 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Extended Cab Duramax

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
I know this a kinda far fetched question but in the campground at st joseph pennisula are we going to have any chance of picking up some local tv channels? we dont have a satelite

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Yes they are gapeachy.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

srgt30
Explorer
Explorer
Papa Joes Oyster Bar in Appalachicola is awesome, another one on river but cant remember the name. Also Blue Pasrrot on St. George is pretty good.
2011 3500 dually
Cyclone 3800

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Coneheads is very conveient to the campgound, has pretty good food, good service and you can take your dog if you eat outside. There are beaches nearby where you can take your dog.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
gapeachy wrote:
what about coneheads on the cape? is it worth trying?

We stop in there from time to time for ice cream. Cant say we've tried anything else there.
"Onward thru the fog!"

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
what about coneheads on the cape? is it worth trying?

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
gapeachy wrote:
I think we will leave pooch at home...

Both these state parks allow pets in the campground. There are a lot of dog lovers at both of them so you'll not have a problem at all. We flip between these CG's every year and have for 8 years. We'll be at St Joe in October and St George next June.
Eating....well while at St Joe Check out Indian Pass...funky cool place with great fried food. When In St George, go into Apalachicola as others have mentioned. Many good sea food places there. We like Up the Creek Raw Bar and The Owl, tho others are good as well. Enjoy and have a blast!
"Onward thru the fog!"

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
I think we will leave pooch at home...

twoppods
Explorer
Explorer
Both places are great !!!! No pets on Beach !!! Google both places and it will give rules and Pictures !!!

HappyCamper89
Explorer
Explorer
Appalachicola has the best seafood around...

The entire island of Cape San Blas allows pets on the beach....just not at the state park beach area.

http://www.visitgulf.com/pet-friendly-beaches
2009 Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB
2007 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Extended Cab Duramax

craigt
Explorer
Explorer
We go to St. Joseph Peninsula and Henderson Beach (Destin) a couple of times each year.

As late as last Thanksgiving, pets are not allowed on the beach (Gulfside) or on the sound at St. Joe within the State Park. Although you see some people disregard the rule, just as they do at stop signs or picking up after there animals, the rule is no pets. We always take at least one of our dogs with us but follow the rules with them (I won't say the same for the stop sign).

Pets are allowed on the beach at the county parks on the Cape, I think there are three of them, but none within the park.
Craig & Susan
Roadside Dogs "Buddy", "Lily", & "Murphy"
F-150, Reese HD, Prodigy
Springdale 256 RLL