cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tallahassee

richardwise
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are planning our first winter in the south. She has family in Tallahassee, so we plan to be there 1-2 months. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in that area? I was thinking the KOA in Perry might worth taking a look at.
14 REPLIES 14

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
yeah, I don't know that I would want to stay at Tallahassee RV park for a couple of months, unless you need/want to be in Tallahassee proper. As several have mentioned the parks at St Marks and Panacea would be more to my liking. Tallahassee RV park is in a city, and is very convenient to a really nice Publix, golf and shopping. Downtown isn't too far either. The downside is the spaces are close together and the pool will not be useable in the winter. It is a nice commercial park that appears as a commercial park. I prefer state and COE parks with some space and plants between the sites. I have stayed there as part of a group and we used the clubhouse and the pool, and it was a nice place, just not my normal choice.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
If I didn't need to actually be in Tallahassee I'd stay at Myron B. Hodge City Park in Sopchoppy (inexpensive, FHU) or Holiday CG on Ochlockonee Bay (Panacea, FHU). Neither of these are near anything; the nearest supermarket is Walmart in Crawfordville. BTW, North Florida isn't exactly toasty in wintertime although it's certainly a lot warmer than Ohio.

http://www.sopchoppy.org/parksfacilities.html
http://www.holidaycampground.com
-jbh-

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
We go to Tallahassee all the time to visit our son. We have started staying at the Moose Lodge. $10.00 a night. I doubt you can stay for 2 months. We have stayed 10 days before. They have 30 amp and water and a dump station. Had to hook up after 7 days to dump but really easy in and out of the site so no big deal. You have to be a Moose member to stay there. I believe the Elks Lodge has RV sites too. We feel both rv parks in Tallahassee are WAY overpriced for what you get, but they do have a corner on the market and can charge what they want.

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
We spend our winters in Sopchoppy about 26 miles south of Tallahassee near the coast. Ochlockonee River State Park and the Sopchoppy City Park are both very nice and are waterfront. At St. Marks (18 miles from Tallahassee) is Newport CG, a county owned park on the St. Marks River and across from the entrance to the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge. At Panacea (30 mi from Tallahassee)there is a private campground, the Holiday. It is on the water at Ochlochonee Bay. In Carrabelle (about 40 miles away) is the Ho-Hum, a great favorite with snowbirds. Coe Landing, a county-owned park is on Lake Talquin (about 15 miles west) and also a nice place. We used to stay at Big Oak for football games and it was ok for two nights but I wouldn't want to spend a week there. lizzie

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
imho I would look further on the way to Tallahassee. We spent a few days at Perry KOA a couple of years ago. Nothing here. We were the only unit in the park for most of the time. Yes if the wind is right you will know about the paper mill. There were a couple of state parks up I-10 from Tallahassee. Except Ocklocknee river. The bugs will get you there.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
ps.. 2 week limit at most Corps of Engineers parks.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Perry FL KOA is near a paper mill and if the wind is blowing in their direction the smell might keep you indoors! About 50 miles west of Tallahassee is East Bank Corps of Engineers park on Lake Seminole. On the Florida side it's near Marianna. Find it on www.recreation.gov and search for Tallahassee FL. Water and electric and dump station. Great rates.
Lonny & Diane
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Tallahassee RV Park or Big Oak RV Park are the 2 best parks in the Tallahassee area. Big Oak RV Park's website seems to be down so you would have to call for rates. Tallahassee RV park has monthly rates listed on their website. of the 2 parks we prefer Tallahassee.
Lonny & Diane
Semper Fi

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perry is quite a drive from Tallahassee. 90 minutes maybe. It's too close to home for us, so I don't have any recommendations.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Forddude11
Explorer
Explorer
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
Could take us a while to get it to you. Auto shipments are not the highest priority. Top priority is UPS and now Crude Oil.

I had received an initial tracking note from the dealer stating that on Monday at 4:30 AM the rail car was in transit passing through Cincinnati Ohio . . With an ETA of 5-5-14 . . Was looking to see if I could try and follow the rail car.. maybe if I knew the route , just killing time I guess . . .

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Could take us a while to get it to you. Auto shipments are not the highest priority. Top priority is UPS and now Crude Oil.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered my Ford December 1 and it arrived...FINALLY.... on March 31!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure about Ford, but when you order a Chrysler product they email you a link so that you can track it right thru production and shipping. It gives you its location and outlines future locations. I would think that Ford would have the same thing available to customers. Check with your dealer or call Ford direct. Good luck.
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky