cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Twin Lakes CG, Clemson, SC

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
If you have camped on Lake Hartwell's Twin Lakes, how did you like it? It sounds and looks good, but I have been deceived before.

Jim
8 REPLIES 8

tbolt2000
Explorer
Explorer
When we went for our first time camping on Lake Hartwell we chose Twin Lakes. Enjoyed it a lot. We was on site 9. It was quit private but was a short walk down to the lake, but we prefer privacy over being feet from shoreline. With that said that was last year and the lake was very low. There were many sites that if lake were full you would be from just several feet from water to a few yards.
Will definitely go back, it has been a little hard to get the site that we like the most.

We have stayed at Conross also. It is nice also not quite as nice as Twin Lakes but IMPO Twin Lakes a 9 and Conross a 8 out of 10 for us.
I took a lot of pictures of sites at Twin lake and Conross. I could upload them to a site if anyone might be interested in looking for reference.
We use to do Private campground all the time until I asked about COE campgrounds hear on this forum and I don't think we would ever go back to a private camp ground. Yes COE usually don't have sewer hook up but to me the COE CG experience far out weighs Full hook up private CG.
I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We've been there a couple of times - great spot! Here are some pictures and comments about the park.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

Taplep
Explorer
Explorer
Camped ther about 4 years ago and would go back again in a second. Some sites are a little close to each other but don't have anything negative.
2010 KZ Sportsman S272BH
2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

Happy_Camper200
Explorer
Explorer
We camp there all the time. Usually at least once a month during summer weekends for the last 10 years or so. One section is now open year round. I was actually down there last Monday night to look at lake. It is now about a foot from flood stage. Never have seen it this full before. You can't go wrong at Twin Lakes. $22 per night. Most all sites are waterfront and well spaced apart. Like most COE parks, water and electric only. They do have two dump stations however. Hope that answers some of your questions.
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Ext.cab Duramax\Allison
2009 Sabre 31 BHDS

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been there, but Mile Creek campground is close by and is has great waterfront sites. It's a peninsula with water on both sides. Their reservation policy is 7 night minimum during the season, but in the of season, the sites go down to 1 night minimum and $12/night. It's our favorite off season/local campground.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I was at Twin Lakes around Sept of 2012 while working in the Seneca area. I had started a few months earlier at Raysville park in Thomson, GA and worked my way north while staying at a number of the COE parks along the river. Twin Lakes is about the same size as Petersburg in Appling, GA. on Strom Thurmond, if you've been there. At Twin Lakes, I had an interior site across from the bathhouse, (82 or 83, IIRC).

I couldn't go wrong with any of the COE parks I visited. With the "geezer" pass, it was both affordable and relaxing, although I did have to work.:)
RVn Full-time

02CAMP
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, the DW says I should have said "Go Tigers!" There, all done.
2006 Ford F-250 6.0 PSD 3.73 LSD
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 30FWRES
16K Reese Slider, Tow Command, Magellan GPS

02CAMP
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful place. We camped there this past March. A few sites looked to be a little tight but most appeared to be fairly level and easy enough to get into. Ours had a tree blocking the awning. Each site has a terraced picnic area with a fire ring. Some of these terraces are very nice. The roads are paved and sites are packed dirt. Very shady and most have a nice view of the lake. We would definitely camp there again.
2006 Ford F-250 6.0 PSD 3.73 LSD
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 30FWRES
16K Reese Slider, Tow Command, Magellan GPS