cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at this SP as I will be coming through this area in a few days. It seems I have to pay $20 to enter park then pay $25 to camp? That's $45 to camp there...I think I'll move on..
14 REPLIES 14

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
We drove through VOF on a weekend -- very busy! But it looked like a good place to say mid-week -- really interesting rock formations.

We stayed for a week last November. Campground full Friday and Saturday nights, but less than half full during the week. It's an amazing place with some great hikes.

Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

Swampman597
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a small view of the campground from last May.

2014 Chevy 2500 Duramax, short bed, 4WD
2004 Keystone Laredo 27RL
Escapees member

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We drove through VOF on a weekend -- very busy! But it looked like a good place to say mid-week -- really interesting rock formations.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All!

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Definitely plan to camp there. If so, there is NOT an entrance fee. It's a beauty! The sites without electric are tucked in amidst the red rock - neat. The electric sites are huge.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I misread the entrance Fee. Thanks! I didn't mean I would not stop but that I just would not camp......with such glowing reviews of the park I'll have to visit........Thanks!

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last January. The camping fee does include the entry fee.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

opland
Explorer
Explorer
busguy22 wrote:
Off Pavement wrote:
Valley of Fire Fees are at the bottom of the page... $10 entrance plus $20 per night unless you want electricity which adds $10.

The camping fee of $20 INCLUDES the entrance fee. We camped there in March and the camping fee for sites with water and electricity was $30 which included the entrance fee.

The Park Q and A's page (which lists the camping fees - page 4) is found here : Valley of Fire

Do not miss this park if you have the chance. We only stayed a couple of nights and wished we could have stayed longer.

We stayed at the state park this past May. The fee was reasonable as described here. Beautiful location with lots of red rock and proximity to Lake Mead.
Airstream 2012 Classic 31
Toyota Tundra 2015 Edition 1794 V8 5.7L
ProPride 1400 Trailer Sway Control Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful country. We usually base in LV and make it a day drive. Camping in LV is not cheap either. Truly, even if it were $45 the scenery is worth it.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I also paid $10 to enter and I think another $10 or $20 to stay. It is a beatiful place and I have recommended it to many other travellers.

busguy22
Explorer
Explorer
Off Pavement wrote:
Valley of Fire Fees are at the bottom of the page... $10 entrance plus $20 per night unless you want electricity which adds $10.

The camping fee of $20 INCLUDES the entrance fee. We camped there in March and the camping fee for sites with water and electricity was $30 which included the entrance fee.

The Park Q and A's page (which lists the camping fees - page 4) is found here : Valley of Fire

Do not miss this park if you have the chance. We only stayed a couple of nights and wished we could have stayed longer.
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31 DS

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Gorgeous area!!!!

To bad you'll pass it up...especally if you haven't or will not be that way again.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I think you should re-check the entrance fee. I only paid $10 last spring. I think that if you are going to be in the area, you should visit.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog