cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When will you start the flight south?

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious as I am getting itchy feet to head south. Will eventually land in the Quartzsite area but is way too hot still so sightseeing in a convoluted trip down from the Seattle area.

We will arrive around the first of Nov. When do you head south and where this year?
76 REPLIES 76

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.sgcca.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/happy_thanksgiving_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Oct 1st. Not. Just found out need new ICD. Will be leaving in 6 to8 weeks.
Better luck next year.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Arrived in Mesa yesterday. Had a really great trip from Santa Clarita to Palm Springs - it rained and the temperature was cool. Then yesterday from Palm Springs to Mesa - never had to turn the AC on, had clouds, some rain, some wind, pleasant trip until with hit I-10 in Phoenix and the usual crash with 20 min delay. Otherwise, a long but easy day. Already had breakfast at Wild Berry this morning - no one in town, the roads are empty.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
ryoung wrote:
Just got word yesterday that wife has medical problem that will keep us here in the north over the winter. It's only the second time in 14 years we haven't went to Florida for the winter. No winter clothes; have worn shorts for the last 12 years year round. I've always been able to say, "No snow, the legs will show".

ryoung

we had same problem last year. by the time all was ok it was too late.
the place we normally stay was full up. so we stayed home.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
GramaofAAAA wrote:
We leave on Thursday. Taking our time, checking out Utah and the canyons, then going to TX to visit family for a couple of months....then who knows?

We are at Moab right now for a couple of weeks. See my blog for where we are camped etc. Boondocking just north of Moab
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
ryoung wrote:
...I've always been able to say, "No snow, the legs will show".

ryoung

Love it! Hope you don't mind if I steal it and act like it's original ;).

Sorry about the DW. Biggest problem with being a snowbird is knowing one day we all have to face the piper. Sending good wishes your way.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
Just got word yesterday that wife has medical problem that will keep us here in the north over the winter. It's only the second time in 14 years we haven't went to Florida for the winter. No winter clothes; have worn shorts for the last 12 years year round. I've always been able to say, "No snow, the legs will show".

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying on the Oregon coast through October before heading south, and are already asking ourselves why... It is down to the mid forties already at night. Brrr...

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Left Jackpot, NV. this AM on US 93 thru Ely, NV. onto RT 318 and back onto US 93 at Hiko. Now sitting in Pharanaghat Wildlife Refuge. The migration is definitely on! Many AZ. and Washington plates moving southbound.

GramaofAAAA
Explorer
Explorer
We leave on Thursday. Taking our time, checking out Utah and the canyons, then going to TX to visit family for a couple of months....then who knows?

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
nancyjerry wrote:
Our volunteer gig at Cape Cod Canal Visitor Center is done Oct 25. We are thinking of going to N.C. This year for something different.

Anyplace with the word north in it, can't be good.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
nancyjerry wrote:
Our volunteer gig at Cape Cod Canal Visitor Center is done Oct 25. We are thinking of going to N.C. This year for something different.

Drive by you every day. Looks like a great gig.

Also a Jerry
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
........ in 2 yrs. from now. Yippee!!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
October 19th
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN