cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do you spend March & April?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for moderate temps before returning to the PNW. Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

rollingslow
Explorer
Explorer
March in Bakersfield april on coast starting in venture heading north to PNW

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
We return to Arizona as this begins the prime weather period for Central & Southern AZ. Dec thu Feb we RV in Mexico and/or Colorado River Region in SouthEast CA & SouthWest AZ.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are usually at the Mississippi gulf coast.

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
We do the National Parks in Utah and 4 corners area in October and Florida--- Georgia for April. In between, we stay in South Texas for the winter.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
A little outside of Phoenix. This last March April was fantastic weather. I've never seen the desert so lush and green.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
People race north out of the RGV (Rio Grande Valley of Texas) in March, leaving behind the best weather of the year, many festivals designed to keep them here, smaller crowds with less trffic, just so they can get back to wet cold weather in the North. I spend those two months enjoying the South land.

Agree, they are missing the best weather and much to see and do. We stay mid Oct to mid May
pawatt

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hill Country

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We spend it in the Phoenix area. March is SPRING TRAINING! We enjoy going to a few games. And we also like the area in April, everyone else leaves and while the days are warm, the evenings are cool and with no one around, you can get in and out of places easily, etc. Great time to be in the Valley of the Sun. We leave at the end of the month when it starting to get hot and work our way to the coast for our trip north.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
Looking for moderate temps before returning to the PNW. Thanks!

mesa, az usually till mid april then we just wander thru AZ, NM and TX till mid may and then head home.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
For me end of March and April will be spent somewhere between I10 and I20 depending on that's year weather. Seems like we had an early spring this year.

Once again, I'll suggest using the hummingbird map. I try to be 1-2 (mostly 2) weeks after the first sighting are posted. We travel mostly Midwest and east though.

Migration map 2017
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are snow birding in So Cal or Arizona, why are you leaving for March? Many choices, Sin City area, Lake Mead Recreation Area, Death Valley and many more.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
People race north out of the RGV (Rio Grande Valley of Texas) in March, leaving behind the best weather of the year, many festivals designed to keep them here, smaller crowds with less trffic, just so they can get back to wet cold weather in the North. I spend those two months enjoying the South land.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Working on farm implements, servicing tractors and spending money.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to out guess weather...

Couple years ago, stay'd south of Sacramento area or southern central CA. Year before that... southern Oregon between coast and Medford. This year is great weather in Puget sound (so far).

Chasing 70 degree weather is work sometimes. But somebody has to:)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"