cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where's everyone going this year?

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Michigan with a ton of snow and camping season won't start for a few months, but the planning stage is well underway.

This year we have plans to visit:
Michigan: Camp Dearborn- our first visit
Michigan: Port Huron KOA- our first visit, they have go carts
Indiana: Fremont Yogi Bear- repeat. My daughter's favorite campground
Michigan: Silver lake sand dunes, Yogi Bear- our 18th annual trip
Michigan: Waterloo state park, our first visit

And the mother of all trips for us, a 2 week trip to
DC: Cherry Hill
Virginia, Norfolk/Jamestown: Maybe Virginia Beach KOA.
Maryland: Assateague Island, SP. I have a 5 night reservation with electricity. Hooray!
NJ/NYC: Liberty Harbor to visit NYC.

Where's everyone else going?
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
68 REPLIES 68

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
I am slow with the planning this year as we have been super busy all winter with house renovations. At this point we are hoping to get out to southeastern Utah by late May or early June and stay in the area as long as we want. Maybe go over to Oregon and drive up the coast. I would really like to go back to Alaska but DW isn't enthusiastic. I expect we will just go with the flow. lizzie

fil564
Explorer
Explorer
We will spend most of the summer weekends in the Pymatuning area and our yearly trip will be to Michigan. Plan to hit the Holland, Grand Have and Saugatuck area and then up to the Traverse City area and over to sleeping Bear Dunes and Leland.
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
1 Wife
2 Really Spoiled Shih Tzu's
that have Passed the Rainbow Bridge

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to leave upstate NY for Alaska in June, spend August in Colorado, hang out in the southwest until the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, then head for the Colorado River area in Arizona & California for the winter. After spending the better part of yesterday shoveling the roof of my house, I'm not planning on spending any more winters in snow country!

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I've got absolutely no trips planned yet, but want to get back out camping in April some time.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Monster9903
Explorer
Explorer
Outer Banks N.C. 2 week vacation
Cape Cod 3 day weekend
Winhall Vt. Long weekend
Southern N.H. Long weekend
Any other quick trips I can fit
Charlie & Robin
Daughter Sam and Son Nate
2000 Chevy Silverado
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X18D

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
NHDad wrote:
August taking our longest trip yet. NH to Niagara Falls to Ludington SP and then take about a week to get back to NH via Pennsylvania. Hoping for some good beach time and to catch a few baseball games.

You're from NH and you got a site at Ludington SP? Wow, I'm impressed. Good for you. I'm local and tried for two years to get a site, and then had to ask a friend to do it for me.

The beach there is great, take your camera for sunset pictures. This was taken behind our campsite. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

heckufaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...lots of Michigan folks here.

I imagine our first trip this year will be to Sleepy Hollow SP (near lansing). Just picked up our 26 footer and will want to break it in.
After that.

May-Pine Ridge RV park Frankenmuth (World Expo of Beer)
June-Roscommon Firemans memorial for a road rally
July-Wauseon Ohio for a Geocaching Bash.

Will also fit in a trip to Waffle farms in Coldwater, sister has a cottage on the lake, we're doing a beer tasting.

And lots of other local trips. Likely one near Grass Lake Mi too, where we can have the Grandson visit and use these new bunks we just bought!

Camp Dearborn is nice, we'll be there again this year after Labor day, my son had a blast there last year at the adaptive sports event. That place has come a long way from 30 years ago, very nice setups!

NHDad
Explorer
Explorer
August taking our longest trip yet. NH to Niagara Falls to Ludington SP and then take about a week to get back to NH via Pennsylvania. Hoping for some good beach time and to catch a few baseball games.

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
dewinterize
March, Mississippi gulf coast
April, Texas gulf coast
May, Florida gulf coast
June, Myrtle Beach
July, Pennsylvania
August, Ireland & Scotland
September, Nebraska
October, Table Rock Lake in Missouri
winterize
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
heckufaguy wrote:
Brian in Michigan wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
After the third trip to Alaska last year this year we are staying east of the Mississippi. Mid April to late July takes us from the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay in a 5000 mile loop to the Smokies, to Oshkosh, MN, Makinac Island, Howell, MI. for a balloon festival, W upstate NY for a bluegrass festival & retn Eastern Shore via Dover DE.

Nice lazy one averaging 50 miles per day. Lots of 3 & 4 day stops.

Hey While in Howell for the balloon fest stop by Eternity BrewingClick in the evening. You'll find me doing dishes. ( It's my daughters & husbands place ) They just opened about 6 months ago.
My plans are to be going to the UP of Michigan for a week or so then back to the real world of work, and then doing some dishes.:-)

Almost made it to eternity on the 14th, but the weather kept us from our tour.
Will see them at winter beer fest on Sat, and hopefully tour them soon.

They will be there but I'll be stuck at the brewery.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

heckufaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Brian in Michigan wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
After the third trip to Alaska last year this year we are staying east of the Mississippi. Mid April to late July takes us from the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay in a 5000 mile loop to the Smokies, to Oshkosh, MN, Makinac Island, Howell, MI. for a balloon festival, W upstate NY for a bluegrass festival & retn Eastern Shore via Dover DE.

Hey While in Howell for the balloon fest stop by Eternity BrewingClick in the evening. You'll find me doing dishes. ( It's my daughters & husbands place ) They just opened about 6 months ago.
My plans are to be going to the UP of Michigan for a week or so then back to the real world of work, and then doing some dishes.:-)

Almost made it to eternity on the 14th, but the weather kept us from our tour.
Will see them at winter beer fest on Sat, and hopefully tour them soon.

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:

1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to try:
Badlands
Custer State Park
Black Hills
Devils tower
Yellowstone
Grand Tetons
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowstone & Grand Tetons!! Can't wait!!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT