cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Willow Tree RV Resort

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from 9 days at a Willow Tree. First time we camped in about 2 years. We had a blast. Here are some pictures of the resort.

Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller
18 REPLIES 18

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I've never been to willow tree but kind of have to agree with oaklevel about the price. The same as the KOA there at myrtle beach. The same price if not more than a site that is at the ocean and not half mile to 1 mile inland.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
oaklevel wrote:
Looks nice but by their rates I can stay as cheap or cheaper & have a site within walking distance of the beach instead of 12 miles inland. At the beach I can get up see the sunrise, hear the ocean & walk the beach every morning.

True, but that is what makes the Myrtle Beach area so great there is some campground that fits everyone's needs.

I have a son that is on the autism spectrum. He does not like the ocean and the noise of the waves bothers him (who knows). He doesn't like crowded campgrounds where everything is busy. We went to Pirate Land years ago and we could barely get him out of the trailer. Since we love the area when I found Willow Tree it was perfect for us. It is not to big so not crazy crowded, golf carts are not bad. We are close enough to the beach that I can take my daughter to the ocean and he can stay at the campground where he is happy.

This way we all are happy happy happy and isn't that what camping is all about. ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice but by their rates I can stay as cheap or cheaper & have a site within walking distance of the beach instead of 12 miles inland. At the beach I can get up see the sunrise, hear the ocean & walk the beach every morning.

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the information, I am very interested in this campground.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
glazier wrote:
How far is that from the ocean?

About 13 miles from Cherry Grove Beach, in North Myrtle. And about 7 miles from Calabash, NC. if you like Calabash Style Seafood.
Definition:

Calabash (as far as the cooking category goes) is a way of cooking seafood that began in the small fishing village of Calabash, NC. The townspeople would show up at the docks to see what the fishermen caught, and they would have a big, communal seafood meal right there. It eventually became so popular they moved it indoors and started a restaurant. One of the original restaurants, Beck's, is still open to this day. Calabash-style seafood (shrimp and flounder are most popular), is very fresh seafood coated in cornmeal instead of flour or batter, usually with a peppery spice added. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they soak it in buttermilk first, sometimes adding hotsauce. Then it is lightly and quickly fried. It's almost always served with cole slaw, but I don't know if they have a particular style of cole slaw or not.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
glazier wrote:

Cherry Grove Beach and North Myrtle Beach are 15 - 20 minutes straight up Hwy 9.

Not all sites have hot tubs So if you don't want one then they have plenty without them.
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Hot tubs? The CG sites have hot tubs!!!:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Do you know if they empty and refill the hot tubs on the hot tub sites?

Yes after you leave the hot tub site they have a crew that goes over and drains the hot tub. I saw them doing it several times while we were there. Once drained they spray it down and I see them in there washing the sides. I don't think they fill them up until the day of arrival.

We have never stayed at one cause the thought of being in a hot tub when it is 90 does not sound exciting. But I did see people getting in them during the evening hours.

lawnspecialties wrote:
We're headed there about 11:00am tomorrow morning.

I am jealous, I wish I was there now sitting in a chair.
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
We drove through Willow Tree in June just to check it out (we were staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park). It's certainly impressive. If I wanted to be in the area and didn't care about being ocean front, it's definitely where I'd stay.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Cool...thanks Bill/Diana!
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
When I was there I would see the staff empty the hot tubs when the RV'er would check out. The staff would empty and scrub the hot tub before the next RV'er arrived. At least that is what we observed.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know if they empty and refill the hot tubs on the hot tub sites?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed here a few years ago and this place certainly deserves a 10+ rating. The campsites are HUGE!!!

Click here to view their website.

Click here to read reviews.

Hope this info helps.