cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter Garden, Fl.

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a campground in/nearby Winter Garden, Fl. My wife and I want to explore the city and bike the trail running through the city. Would like pool, wifi, and full service and close to bike trail. The ratings on the two parks in Winter Garden itself are not very good. Any ideas that you are willing to share are certainly welcome.
13 REPLIES 13

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
Have ridden a loop that includes Lake Wales. Very nice. I thought the ride came from "Bicycling in Florida" by Tom Oswald but I can't find it there. Anyway, my wife and I rode the loop several years ago and we remember it fondly.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We enjoy the quieter Florida towns like Winter Garden. Others have already recommended the cgs we would. If you enjoy the smaller, quaint towns for cycling, I'll also recommend you visit Lake Wales while you're in the vicinity. It's about an hour south of Winter Garden.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Elite Resorts in Clermont.About 20 minutes from West Orange Trail( bike Path you want to do).That trail is 22miles long.I've biked it many times.I snowbird at Elite Resorts its very nice.
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
Will check out Rainbow Springs. Looking at Wekiva SP as well.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Come up a little North and see the Rainbow Springs. Amazing crystal clear blue waters.

The just finished extending the bike trails thru this area.

And at least you will be able to visit the Rainbow Springs River in the area which are just down right amazing. Rent a kayak/canoe/snorkle and do the river when you are not biking!! Tons of CG's in this area and some along the river and state parks all close by.

CG offshoot of the state parks is right on the head springs of the river located at https://www.google.com/#tbm=lcl&q=campground+18185+sw+94th+street+in+dunnellon+fl&rlfi=hd:;si:400167...

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Saint Augustine wrote:
I'm looking for a campground in/nearby Winter Garden, Fl. My wife and I want to explore the city and bike the trail running through the city. Would like pool, wifi, and full service and close to bike trail. The ratings on the two parks in Winter Garden itself are not very good. Any ideas that you are willing to share are certainly welcome.

Look at Bill Fredricks County park at Turkey lake,nice little park,but not fancy..off Hiwassee RD south
also,Winter Gardens RV Resort is just a old KOA cmpground right on rt 50..clean and neat but not fancy or a resort..actually an Encore park now
Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Joyce_in_NY
Explorer
Explorer
The bicycle trail doesn't just run through Winter Garden. It runs across a large part of Florida. Some of it is woodsy, some of it goes dead center through the cities. Winter Garden would not be my choice, either.
Cardinal 33TSLE

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
Winter Garden was a recommendation in the Florida Rambler a few months back. A bicycle trail that runs through town is another activity on our list.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Wilderness is only 20 - 30 minutes away!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Per Mapquest, Wekiwa state park is 16.5 miles from Winter Garden. I've stayed there twice and enjoyed it. Sites 1 - 28 are full hookup.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW you can park your toad by the water tower and Harry & Larry's BBQ was pretty good two blocks away. We were at Thousand Trails at Clermont.

As a native of Orange County "explore the city" kinda boggles my brain. The downtown area has its crowd of hipsters on the weekend but that's about it. Stage Stop is the unatractive park.

Why in the world would you pick Winter Garden?
-jbh-

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort in Clermont.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stay at stage stop, nothing fancy but plum adequate for our needs and the price is reasonable and normally you don't need any reservation to get in. Their website has a drone view of the park. Both are within a couple blocks of each other.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...