cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wisconsin Dells -June

soundslikefun
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to the Dells this June. Stayed here in hotels many times. Not familiar with the campgrounds. Traveling with 2 early teen children. We will be doing all the typical tourist attractions so campground is mostly just a place to sleep. I see some campgrounds offer tix/discounts for attractions. I'm assuming these may be less desirable locations? Any suggestions or reviews appreciated.
Mike

Come visit Minnesota. More shoreline than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
15 REPLIES 15

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I also vote for Devil's Lake, but good luck getting in there unless you tenting or are only going Sun - Thurs.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

yeabuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Holiday Shores is nice. Met dodgeguy there last year actually. They give free Chula Vista Resort waterpark passes with your stay.
X4 on Devils Lake if you can get in. But we're on a seasonal site for the summer near by and it's more like 25 or 30 minutes south of the Dells, still not bad though. Or try this for some other nearby campgrounds and more in Wisconsin

yeabuddy

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We like Stand rock campground alot. Holiday Shores is okay, but not our favorite because of all the golf carts zooming around, very hard walking because of them.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
Second the recommendation for Devilโ€™s Lake State Park. Stayed there 3 days last summer; great state park.

Doug

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We`ll be at the Jellystone on Thursday!

Have fun!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ZinniA
Explorer
Explorer
The Wisconsin Dells Fun Card has been a must-have for people visiting the Wisconsin Dells area for years, and now it's bigger and better than ever, and available at a low price of $4.99! . The new Tri-Fold Fun Card has the most Buy 1 Get 1 Deals over all on 1 card. The Tri-Fold Card offers 241 businesses including:.for more info search for https://www.funcarddeals.com/

dmax_83
Explorer
Explorer
Bluejay Ford wrote:
Whenever we visit the Dells, I like to stay at Devilโ€™s Lake State Park. It is a beautiful campground only 10-15 minutes south of all the attractions. We usually go up to Noahโ€™s Ark and the other attractions and always find it rewarding by staying at Devilโ€™s. It makes little sense to stay at a private campground in the Dells area and pay $50 to $100 per night when you can pay $20 per night with electricity at Devilโ€™s. All that money that you will save on your camping fees can go towards more souvenirs or gas money. Whatever you choose, I believe that you and your family are going to have a great time.

x2
1998 Jayco Eagle 302FK (Honda EU3000is)
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2003 Honda Aquatrax F-12X Turbo

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We used Dell Boo last year, very nice place and good people that run it very helpful. it's just outside the Dell's and a smaller park, if looking for a lot of activities in the park this might not be the spot.They have a nice smaller pool small game room bit lots of shade a good size sites.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

sgtpp214
Explorer
Explorer
Fox Hill CG is where we stayed with our grandkids. South of the Dells about 12 miles and close to Baraboo. Nice pool and spacious sites. Large play area in middle of park and it seemed kids naturally joined together in activities. Be sure to visit World Circus Museum with an actual circus performance.
Dave Kedrowski
2004.5 White Dodge Ram3500 SLT QuadCab 4x4 Cummins Auto 4.1 Antislip SRW SWB Sport Appearance

2011 Keystone Montana 3150RL, Pullrite SuperGlide, Prodigy Brake Controller.:)

Bluejay_Ford
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever we visit the Dells, I like to stay at Devilโ€™s Lake State Park. It is a beautiful campground only 10-15 minutes south of all the attractions. We usually go up to Noahโ€™s Ark and the other attractions and always find it rewarding by staying at Devilโ€™s. It makes little sense to stay at a private campground in the Dells area and pay $50 to $100 per night when you can pay $20 per night with electricity at Devilโ€™s. All that money that you will save on your camping fees can go towards more souvenirs or gas money. Whatever you choose, I believe that you and your family are going to have a great time.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Rocky Arbor State Park a couple nights and then the KOA a couple nights at the Dell. Both were equally as nice, although I like the State Park better because the camp sites are more isolated from each other. KOA was OK, has the swimming area, kids water play area, but everyone camped in tight. The State Park provided much, much more privacy. Both are equally accessible to the Dells downtown area or anywhere.

We also went to the Rail Road museum, took the boat ride for both upper and lower Dells, went to the Upside Down house, one of the water parks in the area, and ... oh ... we just loved the McDonalds there!

WI_Bowhunter
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Holiday Shores last year and enjoyed it alot. It is a huge campground. We are going to stay at Arrowhead in 2 weeks, but have never been there before. I would guess most places in the area would be decentto keep up with the competition.
Keep the Shiny Side Up!;)

2011 F150 Supercrew, 4X4 3.5 Ecoboost, 145" wheelbase, 3.73 gears, Max trailer Tow package

2014 Puma 30DBSS
Equali-I-Zer WD Hitch

3 kids and 1 DW

crimmps49
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many good campgrounds at or near the Dells. Do not forget about the State Parks, but they are probably all booked already. You will find all sorts of specials for attractions all over the Dells. Enjoy, we always do!

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago we toured that area in our RV. My wife wanted to see what the Dells was all about and I wanted to see the National Railroad Museum. We, like you, wanted a place to sleep. We decided to stay at the Brown County Park as it was midway from the places we wanted to see. It does not have a swimming pool, but it has electric and water hookups. And, the price was reasonable as I remember.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel