cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DIgital Thermostat Install.

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer

I hated having to fiddle with the temperature slide on the original thermostat, especially since it is located behind and in the corner of the dinette, so tossed it in the trash and installed this digital unit. Offers the same selections as the original did, so both fan speeds still work.

10 minute install time. The wires on old unit were the same color as this one and the mounting holes also aligned, so no extra hole poking.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum size.

2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray
30 REPLIES 30

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
jsymmes wrote:
I did the same upgrade and was successful. I stuck with the OEM digital t'stat which made the project very simple and I was able to keep all my features. It costs a little more than a Hunter or a Honeywell but it is a better solution in my opinion.

This is a link to my post

http://www.afnash.com/showthread.php?12367-T-stat-upgrade-Analog-to-Digital

Just wanted to add additional data to an excellent post.

Joe

Can't open your link unless you belong to that forum. (I used to till I bought a Komfort then they deleted me)
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
gonefishin77 wrote:
If anyone wants to purchase one of the Dometic units, I have one that won't work on my AC/Furnace. Didn't realize my unit has the built in control board and can't be swapped out. The company I purchased it from won't let me return it, never out of the box.

Let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing the one I have.

You can just take they board out and install it in your unit, don't need to use the enclosure.
-- Chris Bryant

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has them
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

N5LUI
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, Where did you purchase the digital thermostat and what brand is it. Looks like it would be a nice replacement. Thanks

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!
2013 Yukon

D_MAX
Explorer
Explorer
5.5" wide

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have the width of the Coleman unit from this thread? I've searched the net and have not found dimensions. In my 5er, I have limited width between a corner and mirror. Thanks!
2013 Yukon

Jack_Kay
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the ones that came stock in my MoHo. Great unit.
Jack & Kay
2015 Allegro 32CA
2014 Honda CR-V
FMCA #F341229

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
There is a slight difference in the RV version and any home digital one. The home versions usually have operating limits like between 50f and 100f. If too cold/too hot inside the TStat will register ERROR and won't work. The work around is to know your wiring color code and jump the right wires until the RV gets within the TStat's range (or buy the RV version). As long as the TStat has a battery and doesn't require power from the HVAC, you can use it.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

DZacco
Explorer
Explorer
Does the Coleman stat drop the fan speed from high to low automatically or is it totally manual? My thermostat shuts off high speed for about 3 seconds before kicking on low speed when it gets near the programmed temperature. I suppose this logic was programmed in for a reason.
2012 Open Range RF316RLS
2007 2500 Duramax/Allison

jsymmes
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same upgrade and was successful. I stuck with the OEM digital t'stat which made the project very simple and I was able to keep all my features. It costs a little more than a Hunter or a Honeywell but it is a better solution in my opinion.

This is a link to my post

http://www.afnash.com/showthread.php?12367-T-stat-upgrade-Analog-to-Digital

Just wanted to add additional data to an excellent post.

Joe

gonefishin77
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone wants to purchase one of the Dometic units, I have one that won't work on my AC/Furnace. Didn't realize my unit has the built in control board and can't be swapped out. The company I purchased it from won't let me return it, never out of the box.

Let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing the one I have.

D_MAX
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Next on my to-do list

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
If you want the fan on constantly then fan mode = "on"
If you want the fan on only when the the a/c is operating, then fan mode = "auto"
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow