DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sound barrier

A large problem we have when camping with the granddaughters is the snoring noises coming from Grandpa's room which keeps them awake. Part of the criteria when shopping for a new trailer was a solid door between the bedroom and living area. Most of...

Durb by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Solar Install

I finally have my solar installed, I want to thank all who gave me feed back and advise Calling Solar Gurus. I knew I was going with the factory installed solar wiring in my 2008 Lance 1181 so I decided to go with the Morningstar TristarTS-MPPT-45 Ch...

How we winterize our water system

Now that we're into November here in Pennsylvania it's time to do the dreaded dead. It's time to winterize our travel trailer. It's a sad day in the RVcircus household because it means less camping and less camping just plain stinks.Every year I se...

RVcircus by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

High pressure gas line

So I completed the installation of a 3/8" stainless steel tubing h.p. line from the propane tank to the gas grill location. I managed to get the tubing from point A to point B with no couplings or unions. By the time I got it all bent and in place ...

power inverter install questions

i'm wondering if its possible to buy a large inverter (1500 to 2000w) and tie it into the camper so i can use any outlet i want to. i dont want to wire it so my inverter is powering the charger that charges the batteries. that would just create a loo...

Need a light DIY snowplow for boondocking -- ideas?

So this is one of those "be careful what you wish for" moments. We solved the problem of freezing water lines with a primitive hot water recirculation hose. Now, there is no reason to avoid snow boondocking ("snowdocking?") -- we like snow-shoeing ...

A lighter dinette table

If you have a full-time dining room table, you can stop reading -- and yes, I envy you.My dinette table converts into our bed, so we have to wrestle it into position every night. The stock table was MDF and formica -- about 30 pounds! So I made my ...

Dicor Roof Questions

Hello! My TT has a dicor roof. I noticed last time it was out by the front cap where the metal stops and the rubber roof come together the roof was ballooning. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the rubber roof. I was wondering if you guys had any tips, recom...

Replacing shower wall paneling

Remodeling Trailer due to water damage need to replace Shower wall what did you use for the shower stall it's going into a 1971 Holiday Rambler

jbpatton by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage for drain hose (more storage)

Well, this TT doesn't have as much side compartment storage, so I had to do something for the extra hose for the 'forward grey tank' that is just for the sink... Anyhow here's what I did for that using 4 inch sewer pvc mounted under the TT... Another...

Drawer Fix

I don't know if a repair counts as a mod, but here goes:After a month-long trip of over 3,000 miles, the drawer under our refrigerator broke. We have a 2011 Starcraft 235fb and we use the big, deep drawer under the frig for pots and pans, including ...

dewey02 by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing labels in GS Trip planner

Hi,Am setting up trip using the trip planner.When I enter the address it creates a number and description using the address.Is there a way to edit the description to give it a name? Thanks,Steve

A Few Mods before Winter

We used the trailer pretty well this year, 89 days including a 75 day trip to Alaska. This along with some recent posts by others gave me ideas and plenty of time to plan some new mods.RVcircus posted a video of installing a Smart Tile backsplash in ...