cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My remodel

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first camper, bought last April and used the bejeesus out of it and love it. We are not new to camping by any means, did all tent camping up until now including 2 weeks out in Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons etc. Posting for others as inspiration for a complete remodel. Plans are to paint all cabinets and woodwork, new vinyl flooring, new carpet, new upholstery and adding a rotating TV wall like in the new campers. When looking for our camper we had a wish list: slide, bunk house, good foundation to start with and we must be able to pay cash. Even though there are 2 of us currently, we wanted a larger camper to hopefully someday have kids and grow into it. We settled on a 33' Fleetwood Mallard, sleeps 9 (ish, because of the small dinette and one smaller rear bunk). We have had as many as 6 in there comfortably for a couple weekends.

Living in S.E. Michigan doesn't allow you to work on it throughout the winter so we took advantage of one of the first nicer day of the year to pull it out of storage and strip the wall paper boarder and start taping off for paint.

The day we looked at it

Rustic reclaimed oak vinyl plank flooring

Sample of the new upholstery. Bottom is a "Greige" (grayish-beige)
top is the floral that has yellows, oranges, grays and white.

Looks cleaner without the boarder already!

Smaller rectangle is the TV size, Larger is the "frame" around the TV that will be trimmed out after the hole is put in the wall
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard
64 REPLIES 64

leadknee
Explorer
Explorer
Looks super
Steve an Barb
2015 Itasca Solei 340hp cummins
2012 ford fiesta tow

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
Great work!
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat

STEVEO496
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great so far! You could remove the glass panes from the cabinet doors and just replace them with oak beadboard, then just paint to match your other cabinets.
2012 Keystone Cougar 30RLS
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1
Reese Titan receiver and Equalizer WDH

JWRoberts
Explorer
Explorer
WOW!!! Great job!!!!

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
The weather is still not cooperating and I want to get this done before the camping season, so I improvised and brought the outside in. Tight fit getting inside at work, but I squeezed it in.

Found some rot that was attempted to be repaired. I will be repairing this again. I can only guess that at certain winds/rain that the door leaks. There appears to be no damage to the surrounding walls and seeing that it only is around the door opening I will seal around the outside of the door frame and a new seal for the door. It wasn't wet when I peeled the floor up after a few days of rain, which leads me to believe it has to do with the way it faced while parked from previous owner.

Pulled out the dinette and jack knife sofa because there will be new carpet going in the slide and got a fresh coat of primer and paint on about 90% of the woodwork and cabinets in the trailer. The doors and drawer fronts are going to be sprayed at work after hours over the course of a few nights during the next couple weeks. It'll be tough fitting it in since I will be traveling to Mexico to do a sign install at the end of the week.

Upper and lower cabinets are the same color, lighting makes them look different for some reason.

I painted the front of the fridge for now but I will get a piece of brushed aluminum from work to give the fridge a stainless look.

I need some suggestions for this here. I work at a sign shop and I can print up anything I want and need ideas on what to do to get rid of the mirrors. These are for the upper cabinets in the front bedroom. I could get new blank mirrors to put in there and use some etched vinyl to put a design on them. Don't know yet.
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Your mods look great, I'm getting some ideas.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! Excellent the way you centered the pattern! Thanks for sharing!
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
Weather hasn't cooperated for us to be able to paint the inside, so I took advantage of the crummy weather an pushed forward to finish the dinette cushions. I need to buy foam to be able to re-do the couch. Traveling for work over the next few weeks will throw a wrench in the spokes for getting as much done as I would like, but, that's life.

Laying out the material and making a pattern.

Backed the old cushions up with some 1/4" wood to wrap the fabric around

Finished product

Seal of approval from my boy!

I also bought a TV for my rotating wall.
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
I'll for sure post updates, unfortunately the foot of snow they are calling for today will hinder that for a minute! lol
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep us posted for sure. I love seeing these projects take shape.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

my_toys
Explorer
Explorer
Love the flooring you chose. Look forward to seeing more pics.
2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Please post lots of photos along the way!

X2

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
TheBreu wrote:
icanon wrote:
Are you removing the wallpaper on the walls if so will you replace with new or paint? If painting could you tell us how and what you did? Thanks a million.

We are not planning on removing the entire wall paper because it is white and gray and is still pretty good. The boarder was fruits and was horrible looking an peeling and really looked dated. Over all the interior is in great shape, just need our personal touch/updating. The TV is only being installed for the purpose of rainy days/morning coffee/breakfast news watching, but still wanting it to be like the newer models instead of putting it on the limited counter space.

Thanks for replying. oh I forgot to mention in my first post can't wait to see the out come.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
icanon wrote:
Are you removing the wallpaper on the walls if so will you replace with new or paint? If painting could you tell us how and what you did? Thanks a million.

We are not planning on removing the entire wall paper because it is white and gray and is still pretty good. The boarder was fruits and was horrible looking an peeling and really looked dated. Over all the interior is in great shape, just need our personal touch/updating. The TV is only being installed for the purpose of rainy days/morning coffee/breakfast news watching, but still wanting it to be like the newer models instead of putting it on the limited counter space.
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
Can't wait to see the finish pictures.
Hopefully the last two days were not teasers and we'll see spring soon