cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator shelf ideas?

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used RV and all but one shelf is missing. They are really expensive to replace but also I feel the design is all wrong for an RV.

Rather than have normal shelves, I think they should be shallow trays. So things can't slide off.

I have been looking at many ideas from metal organizers to even a dish rack that would fit.

I am open for ANY ideas.

16 REPLIES 16

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobm253 wrote:

When I tried to order, their cheapest shipping rate was $21. I'll check Walmart

I did find it at RV Upgrades, for $29.31 + shipping $8.99 to your location, total $38.30.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I really hated those 2 crispers in the bottom of my Dometic Fridg,to small for anything,when one broke they wanted $43 for a new one.
I found a great replacement

Although it is a Norcold Product,it fits nicely in my Dometic RM 2652, is only $28 and no more folded lettuce :B

When I tried to order, their cheapest shipping rate was $21. I'll check Walmart

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the advice. Now I have too many ideas though. ๐Ÿ™‚

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
scotty46 wrote:
You can buy spring loaded rods made specifically for RV refrigerators. It is similar to a spring loaded curtain rod only about 24(?) inches log but adjustable. They fit on the horizontal across the open side.
I have used them for many years in our trailer and have not had anything fall over, spill or fall out when I open the door. Camping World advertises a "double refrigerator bar" for $6.39.
We too use the spring loaded rods in the fridge to keep items on the shelves. Work great (we use them during travel, but remove them once we are set up at our site). In fact, we also use one on one of our pantry shelves that store some tall items; those items used to fall over during travel and jam the pull out pantry, but no more!.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
3boxerss wrote:
I bought some white plastic bins from Walmart. They come in various sizes and have holes in the sides for air flow.. I put all our condiments in one and meat and cheese in the other. Easy to just grab the bin and take whole thing out to the table.. They are located beside the dish drainers and shelf organizers at my Walmart.. I use them in the pantry too as the gray handles flip back and you can stack them.. I would add a pic but couldnt figure it outhaha.

Did you read the sticky at the top about posting pictures?
That app makes it a simple cut/paste operation.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

scotty46
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy spring loaded rods made specifically for RV refrigerators. It is similar to a spring loaded curtain rod only about 24(?) inches log but adjustable. They fit on the horizontal across the open side.
I have used them for many years in our trailer and have not had anything fall over, spill or fall out when I open the door. Camping World advertises a "double refrigerator bar" for $6.39.

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some white plastic bins from Walmart. They come in various sizes and have holes in the sides for air flow.. I put all our condiments in one and meat and cheese in the other. Easy to just grab the bin and take whole thing out to the table.. They are located beside the dish drainers and shelf organizers at my Walmart.. I use them in the pantry too as the gray handles flip back and you can stack them.. I would add a pic but couldnt figure it outhaha.
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I really hated those 2 crispers in the bottom of my Dometic Fridg,to small for anything,when one broke they wanted $43 for a new one.

Although it is a Norcold Product,it fits nicely in my Dometic RM 2652, is only $28 and no more folded lettuce :B

My NORCOLD has that same crisper bin and I made a moveable sectionalizer out of acrylic that is shaped like a "T" with with the long part equal to the depth and a little shorter than the height of the crisper with the two shorter legs about 3" each. That way I can slide it and made two sections any size I want as long as the smallest one is 3" which is one of the short legs of the "T". Generally one side is for DW's insulin pins that are kept in a zip loc.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I like your idea of one larger tray instead of two smaller ones. Hard to make things fit in the two little trays.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
Look at closet wire shelving installed upside down.

Yep. Had to jury-rig in my garage fridge when the glass shelf at the bottom broke.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If it's one of the very common sizes and brands, stop by a CW on Sunday. There will be a fenced area in the back or side of the building that has a number of dead fridges in it. Take your pick.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Look at closet wire shelving installed upside down.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Any junkyards around with RV. How about rv maintenance shops that have old or useless fridges.