cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2001 SUNNYBROOK 27RKS 5TH WHEEL QUESTION

bigdw58
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what the bolt pattern is on this RV with the 6 lug wheels? I just got this trailer from my Mom as my dad passed away last November and she can;t use it. My dad always wanted to put custom wheels on this RV but never got around to it. The rims are looking bad in appearance only and I would like to replace them with something he would have liked. There is plenty of wheel well space and I was thinking of trying to use 6 lug rims from any of the 1/2 ton pickups that have 6 lug wheels even though most of them are 16" rims.. I know I can take one off and go to a tire store but don't have the time right now, I thought maybe someone on here might have already done this. Thanks in advance for any help you may give.
2016 FORD F350 SD LARIAT 4x4
2001 Sunny Brook 27RKS 5th Wheel
8 REPLIES 8

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RV'ing forum.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 98 30ckfs and a 2000 24ckfs and both had 6 lug 15" with 225/75r 15s. I put 16 lts on the 30ckfs. I would bet you have the same 15s on the 27. A friend is junking on a 5er with 6 lug alloy wheels and I just torched out the centers of some 6 lug P/U wheels for him. The centers were too small. Etrailer.com had the best price on the wheels and Discount mounted the LTs. It was $800 to the penny, total, and no more worries with 15" STs. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the old days when I sold wheels, all 6 lugs were the same, 6 on 5-1/2 if I remember correctly. Don't know if it's still that way.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

voodoo101
Explorer
Explorer
I think your rim has coding that tells you specs. Not sure, but any wheel shop would know. I have a 2001 30RKS and 16" wheels with E rated tires were an optional upgrade. I took it and am glad for the extra safety margin. Got some nice looking aluminum wheels.

I know my 16" Ford truck wheels do not fit. Found out during a roadside emergency when my RV spare had dropped off and I then lost a tire on the way to get a new spare. Not a happy day.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
SB owners used to be www.myrvtalk.com
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
You have to measure the bolt pattern and get some trailer rims. If you have the room I would go to 16" with LT tires. That is what I did.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be carful about trying to use a truck rim on a trailer. The truck rims have a deeper inset from the backside to accommodate the caliper. Trailer tire rims do not have that deep an in set, and it is possible that back side of tire could rub on frame or suspension. Also trailer tires take a lot of side thrust when turning, and not sure if truck rims are designed for that kind of use.
Dr Quick

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Google "Sunnybrook owners club" for several sources of SB groups.

Here's one - "Sunny Travelers"

Others are on Winnebago, as Winne bought SB.

~