cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5'er TH with upstairs living room?

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have a Cyclone 4012 42' TH, loved it, but needs changed and I went back to a truck-camper and cargo-trailer combo. My TH was your standard 3-slide, but had an actual separated living room and kitchen. One slide was a sofa sectional, the other was a loveseat. That was what I really liked about it - the "living room feel". Your couch wasn't staring into the kitchen.

Well...needs (ok, wants) now having me looking at TH's again. I recently saw an ad for two slightly different 2017 KZ's, one had a 20 foot 'convertible' garage--the garage could convert the master bedroom to more garage space if needed. The other, a standard 12 garage, but what set these apart for me was the upstairs living room arrangement.

Are there any other TH's with an upstairs living room?

PS--don't tell the truck camper guys I'm over here asking... 🙂
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
21 REPLIES 21

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
Wondered if it was your wind screen being to tall.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

Bedlam
The ZG1000 is tall to start, but I added the tallest Rifle windshield since I am also tall.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Even my sport tour would have trouble fitting in the 376TH:

Hmmm, my Concours ST will fit easy-peasy in the 376. I have spent time in the 376 garage measuring and looking at other bikes in there.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

REPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Venom had a brand new front living room unit. Expensive, but beautiful!
2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420Amp

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I want that 376TH. BAD.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

Bedlam
Even my sport tour would have trouble fitting in the 376TH:

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
tmm2good wrote:
Smaller garage under the bedroom, not full width. A street bike will fit fine, You might actually have to duck your head a little bit when getting onto/off the bike.

or two dirtbikes, maybe one backward
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
Smaller garage under the bedroom, not full width. A street bike will fit fine, You might actually have to duck your head a little bit when getting onto/off the bike.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
When I saw the Grand Design Momentum 376TH I told my wife that could get me back into a Toy Hauler.

Ok, I changed my mind. This is my favorite hauler now. Drool
I don't see where the toys would fit in that trailer. Too many slides encroaching into the garage area, if there is a garage area...
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looked at the 376TH also, but there is not a lot of head room in the garage. Sport bikes and cruisers would fit, but touring bikes are probably out. I am 5'-11" and I had to duck to walk into the garage no way I could get off my GL1800 once it was in the garage, it it would fit.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

Bedlam
I can get away using a pruner, but they frown on me pulling out the chainsaw.

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Taller will create other issues with trees and obstacles. Finding the balance...
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

Bedlam
I like the concept of these layouts, but the length of these FW's limits where I can take them in my area due to the number of trees creating obstacles and length of many campsites - This would restrict me to the biggest sites at open field style campgrounds. Boondocking would be fine in the prairies or desert but would be a challenge in the forest.

My family has discussed this more than once when looking at RV's. For us, anything over 50' overall length with tow vehicle or any individual section of a combination longer than 30' cuts out about 50% of the places we like to regularly visit. If we lived in an area with more wide open spaces, something like this would definitely be on our short list.

If I need more space in the future, I will be looking at taller stacker trailers rather than going longer. I have even toyed with configuring a stacker gooseneck with living quarters and slides (garage, kitchen and bath bellow the bed and living rooms). This may be a less popular option, but I commute daily on double-decked buses and am amazed at the capacity you gain going taller.

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
On the GD 376TH, the garage is under the bed in a totally separate compartment.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)