cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 Point Leveling Question??

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be picking up my new fifth wheel next week and it's got the 6 point leveling. My question is when parked at home on concrete between trips do you use the 6 point or just keep them up?? My old 5er when home I'd set it up just like at the cg...... leveled, 50 amp hooked up...... This one I'm gonna cover up when not being used to keep the sun from beating on it.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually
20 REPLIES 20

kjchipmunk
Explorer
Explorer
I leave my front jacks down and the camper with the front higher than the back so the water runs off easily. Also, with the rear jacks up they are protected.
2006 Ford F250, 6.0 Diesel,
2012 Forest River Cardinal 3675

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
garysol wrote:
GBuilders wrote:
I'm interested in the leveling system on my next 5th wheel but was wanting to know what the problems some are having with them? Sorry to the OP.

I have owned my Lippert Level Up equipped fifth wheel for 3 seasons now with zero issues....... non, notta. Push a button and walk away.

As with most new innovative items there is a learning curve.
At this point most of the kinks have been worked out.
While I probably would not pay to have a aftermarket system installed.
I would not buy a new unit without auto level. Auto Level work great and is a game changer.

That's what I'm thinking and the 5th wheels that I'm looking at all have them or as an option depending on how much I decide to spend. Thanks
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
abc40kids wrote:
So I'll probably put them down and set up just like at the cg. Is it ok if the back two only come down like maybe 8 inches before touching ground? When I back to the end of my driveway the back half of the fifth wheel hangs over higher ground than the rest of the 5er. Seems like it will be ok just will hit ground much quicker than the other 4 wheel.

Uneven ground will not be an issue. That's what they were built for. The feet come down and stop after contacting the ground. After all 6 are down, it does the little dance, first dipping in front (make sure you have pulled your truck forward to clear), then leveling front to back and side to side. As this is going on, you get to stand there with a big smile on your face.

I would get some jack pads to put under the feet if they will be in dirt or gravel. It spreads the weight over a larger area. I carry 6 of the big yellow ones and also 2 sets of the smaller red stackables. You will find there are situations where the legs cannot extend far enough to make your rig level. Then you will need to use the stackables under the leg that can't reach the ground. I use my yellow ones all the time unless I'm on concrete. I especially use them if in asphalt. And I have run into a few places that require pads under the feet - but they had asphalt sites.

Tim

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
We never thought about it. We have them ,we use them.
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
rmalik1 wrote:
If you look at the dealership they just use the front 2 jacks and back 4 are up.

Dealerships around here use all 6 so campers are level when you go into view.

I leave mine with all 6 down and spray with lube every few weeks.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are always down. IMHO that is what they are for so why not use them. It takes me about 1 minute to shoot them with protective lubricant twice a month.

If I would ever have to store my FW I would rather have the weight supported by my 6 point level up as opposed to just front legs and my axles/springs.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
garysol wrote:
GBuilders wrote:
I'm interested in the leveling system on my next 5th wheel but was wanting to know what the problems some are having with them? Sorry to the OP.

I have owned my Lippert Level Up equipped fifth wheel for 3 seasons now with zero issues....... non, notta. Push a button and walk away.

As with most new innovative items there is a learning curve.
At this point most of the kinks have been worked out.
While I probably would not pay to have a aftermarket system installed.
I would not buy a new unit without auto level. Auto Level work great and is a game changer.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at the dealership they just use the front 2 jacks and back 4 are up.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
GBuilders wrote:

2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
kjchipmunk wrote:
I keep mine up, except for the front two of course. I dont want the ram's exposed to the environment and I want the water to run off the back because the front is higher than the back.

X2
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

sidney
Explorer
Explorer
I leave them all up... Including the front legs.

I use concrete blocks and plastic leveler blocks to support the front.

kjchipmunk
Explorer
Explorer
I keep mine up, except for the front two of course. I dont want the ram's exposed to the environment and I want the water to run off the back because the front is higher than the back.
2006 Ford F250, 6.0 Diesel,
2012 Forest River Cardinal 3675

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert recommends spraying the extended rams with a silicon spray every week. Another reason the leave them up.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel