cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alumascape

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saw an article about Alumascape building fifth wheels again but cant find anything on them. All that are on the Holiday Rambler site is the Presidential. Alumascape was a pretty good trailer and wanted to know more about the new ones. Anyone seen something?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS
19 REPLIES 19

fishingbob61
Explorer
Explorer
My mistake, it is Alumalite not Alumascape, I had my head in the wrong place and yes the older ones were good trailers, I have oned 3 .
Bob and Sue
51 years camping
2005 Fleetwood Bounder DP
2004 Chevy. Tahoe

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
fishingbob61 wrote:
Go to www.holidayrambler.com and go to products and thereit is

Nope it is not there, the alumalite is but not the Alumascape.....

Supercab79
Explorer
Explorer
We traded our 1997 HR Alumiscape 5th in on a 365saq bunkhouse and I can tell you I almost cried. That camper was by far the heaviest duty well build unit that we have ever owned. Alum roof smooth one piece sides and a brick $#|?house interior. When we did a 7 month house tear down and rebuild we lived in it in our driveway it looked good as new with nothing more than a good vacuum and wipe down inside. Heavy duty!!!!! Greatness!!!!
I was told Harley Davidson started the HR brand and owned and oversaw the production up until 1997 the they were acquired by Monaco then the profits trumped quality. Anyway those older pre Monaco units were great we even gutted the interior cosmetically and reupholstered and reprinted the inside to update it we loved it that much.

Marc
06 Dodge 4x4 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9CTD
13 Sandpiper 365 SAQ
05 Chevy Tahoe LT
77 Ford F-250 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed
79 Jeep CJ 7
GONE 3/6/07 BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
93 F-350XLT 4X4 4" Banks Sidewinder

ikoolu
Explorer
Explorer
wow can't believe what people say here- we have 2007 Alumascape - SKE 32- 2 sliders - with the solid surface sides, one piece roof- and the only trouble we have had was 1. putting tow cases of beer in the back overhead cabinet and - yep you guessed - broken the bottom and the window shades kept breaking loose - all it took was larger screws and 1/2 hr of my time-oh yea we replaced the front roof vent after it blew apart in the wind camping with a new one with remote-

after 6 years last week had to replace the lifting legg- 245 bucks and 2 hours- the interior is still perfect, cabinets, slides, locks etc work great- i would never consider selling it - unless i hit the mega jack pot !

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't expect a new Alumascape to be the same thing as a traditional Alumascape, until the actual product comes out and you can see what it is.

The Alumascape brand disappeared when Monaco-owned H-R stopped making aluminum-skin trailers and motorhomes. Then Monaco shut down H-R, producing Holiday Rambler brands in the R-Vision factory, using R-Vision rather than H-R constuction techniques. Alumascape resurfaced for at least one model year, but it was a laminated wall, plastic skin TT, nothing like an Alumascape. This was just before the 2008 collapse of Monaco, alumascape just a name decal on the side of someting else.

Monaco successors have re-opened the H-R, plant, so I've read somewhere, but whether these are tradtional Holiday Ramblers, mass production laminated RVs, or something else, is yet to be seen.

Original Alumascape construction used welded aluminum wall framing, full framing like a house, riveted aluminum skins, batt insulation, utulity runs in the similar to stick and brick construction, interior panelling fastened to frames. Later, adhesives replaced rivets, and eventually composites were used for exterior skins. The construction remained expensive (a few high end manufacturers still do it) but I would wait to see if a new Alumascape is this, or something cheaper using the name.

One thing for sure, Holiday Rambler, the company that built the reputation, is long gone. The people who made it what it was are gone. Somebody else owns the brand names.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

GramaofAAAA
Explorer
Explorer
I too went to check it out as we bought a 2003 Alumascape last January and love it. I had hoped to find as much about it as possible, but not much luck. Went to the web site and most information is about MH's. I saw the plans for the new Holiday Rambler's 5th wheel, but not price information. Thought I'd wait to see what happens. We are not planning to trade anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Even if they do start making them again all they will be using from the old models is the name..Doesn't mean they will be anything like they used to be. It's a different company that purchased only the name, nothing else will be the same.

B.O.

Agree totally...bought a 2007 Alumascape based on the Holiday Rambler name...cannot believe how poorly built it was (most expensive mistake we ever made)....Monaco ruined a great product. Got rid of it after 10 months and never looked back!
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even if they do start making them again all they will be using from the old models is the name..Doesn't mean they will be anything like they used to be. It's a different company that purchased only the name, nothing else will be the same.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

winklejj
Explorer
Explorer
I emailed HR after I saw the article in Trailer Life and could not find info anywhere. They sent a sheet with floor plans but no other info such as weight and length. We have tried to get info on the Presidential also but it is very difficult to get anyone at HR to respond. We looked at a Presidential at the Good Sam Rallyin Atlanta. None of the salesmen seemed to know anything about it. IWe had a 1999 Alumascape and loved it. If they are truly back in the towable RV business their customer service certainly doesn't show it.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
fishingbob61 wrote:

All I see is Presidentals. The high end Alumascape.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Holiday_Ramble1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1997 Alumascape 5th wheel and I cant make myself trade it or sell it. It just does what I want and I love it. Yes it looks outdated, but it still works great and this weekend I am installing a new set of 3 steps in the place of the 2 steps that came with it. Hope they start making them again!!!

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
fishingbob61 wrote:

...just went there, then went to products, didn't see anything about Alumascape 5th wheels.........
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

fishingbob61
Explorer
Explorer
Bob and Sue
51 years camping
2005 Fleetwood Bounder DP
2004 Chevy. Tahoe

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Info from HR after I emailed them:
"The information and brochure is being put together right now in preparation for the Louisville Kentucky RV Show at the beginning of December. We will not have anything available until then."

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS