Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Winterizing...did I forget anything?

Drained hot water tank, rinsed out by flushing with hose, left anode rod out. By passed hot water heater and ran the pink stuff through all the lines and into P traps, to include outside shower, also covered toilet seal with it. Cleaned everything,...

stro1965 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Extending front landing gear technique

During the past year with my new fifth wheel when unhooking I always pulled the pin and dropped the front feet and then raised the trailer with the extend button. A couple of times I had difficulty manually lifting one of the feet up to store after ...

Hitch Recommendations

Howdy folks --Looks like we are transitioning to a 5th wheel and I'm trying to get educated on hitches. I've been reading/searching a bit, but thought I'd ask for recommendations -- w/o saying which one I'm currently favoring *cough* B&W *cough* My p...

breeno by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Insulated and heated underbelly?

The specs for our Durango state insulated and heated underbelly. Does this mean that it is just heated when we run the furnace, and does it have any bearing on winterizing? Do we need to do more than empty the holding tanks and blow out the lines? ...

Fresh water tank location on Cougar 333 mks

Anyone know offhand where each of the tanks are mounted under the Cougar 333 MKS? Specifically the fresh water tank which may be at the back. Looking at buying this fifth but concerned about the pin weight only. Thinking that I might fill the tank...

Problem with warranty parts

does anyone have any experience with Forrest River and getting warranty parts? My 2013 Sandpiper has been at the dealers now 3 weeks waiting on a rear stabilizer motor. I have tried to get hold of someone at Forrest River and I can't find any way to ...

Joe_Hall by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking batteries out before storage.

We will be taking our 5th to a storage place for the winter. It would be helpful to remove the 2 - 12 volt batteries in the 5th before going there, than trying to go through that process while there.Is there any reason I should not remove the batter...

Thoughts on XLR's

What are some opinions on the XLR toyhaulers? I have a local dealer that sells Forrest River products, but I know nothing about them. I am going to buy a Fifth Wheel Toyhauler this winter, I prefer something 3/4 ton towable. I have some photos of the...

glazier by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Whirlpool WSC 7500 VW 24 inch Washing Machine

Any one have the subject washing machine? It is a high spin rate, 2 cu ft front loader. Are you satisfied with it. Any vibration in the spin cycle. How about failures? How about any other model front loader?Thanks

Jerry_B by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas in Toy Hauler Tank

I am getting my new toy hauler tomorrow! I don't want to start off with trouble. I am considering adding marine or avgas to the tank. I want to avoid ethanol at all cost. It has caused me many headaches in lawn equipment as well as my Honda E2000...

Pretty cool TH by a horsetrailer manufacturer

I've seen many discussions on here regarding the build quality of "horse trailers" vs. the build quality of conventional RV toyhaulers. Often, the price of the horse trailers is a downfall, as they are generally much more expensive than the typical T...

resmas by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Most comfortable bumper pull TH with 12+ ft toy area

I am debating a two trailer strategy for toyhauling and normal family trips vs a toy hauler that can serve both functions well.What is the most comfortable bumper pull toyhauler with at least 12 feet of toy space that in the living part of it feels m...

Taco by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes