cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone See This!!

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone see this yet?? What are your thoughts??

"New" Excel Winslow w/main door in slide-out
64 REPLIES 64

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get one thing straight here. "Thoughts" were asked for and "thoughts" were given. There is nothing mean spirited or hateful about that. Comments are made both good and bad against other RV's also. What I stated was my "opinion", don't bad mouth me because I didn't like it. You're judging a lot of people because you don't like there opinion. I always say "Don't ask the question if you are not going to like the answer." Have a good day.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
Big Bird 2

JohnBoyToo
Explorer
Explorer
Excelrvguy, good response... and well stated...

I'll say what many who visit here note...

While this site has a lot of good people, it also has more argumentative and negative people than any I've ever seen on any other site...
(yes, there may be worse, but I don't visit them, nor do I want to !)

Yes, when there is a problem - state it - opinions are welcome -
but JEEZE, I hope some of these people are happier in their life than they show on here - I really do hope that!

My life is not perfect, but the only thing that there is really to complain about is...
complainers ๐Ÿ™‚

I've found that it's best for me to just move on when I've done everything I can about a situation...

Have a nice day, ya'll !

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Wish I were going to Hershey, would love to see one. I think it's a great layout and design. Very residential looking.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

excelrvguy
Explorer
Explorer
The axles are actually 2 - 8K axles but when we spec the unit we use the weakest link which would be the "standard" G-rated tires (3750#/tire).

Even though "G" tires are standard, virtually every coach is ordered with optional 17.5" "H" rated tires (4850#/tire) bringing the overall CAWR up to the 16K capacity. Most order disc brakes also. This combination allows for almost 4,000 lbs of payload.

So, the next question is "Why don't they just make them standard!" The simple answer is.... marketing. In order to show a more competitive base price. The same reason electric windows and door locks are still optional on most cars. When was the last time you owned a car without optional electric windows & door locks?

Obviously, the opinion on this forum that no one likes this model. I certainly respect your opinions. I've been in the industry for 33 years and heard the same comments about slide-outs when they came out. When Excel introduced the first fireplace in an RV, we heard "Who needs a fireplace in an RV?" How many now own a unit without a fireplace or slide-outs?

Is it for everyone (Or even the majority)? No! Is it for you? Maybe not...

But our initial orders reflect the thoughts those who have actually been in it and love it.

If you would like to withold judgement until you see it, there will be one on display at the largest RV show in the Nation... Hershey

There have been some great innovations come from manufacturers who aren't afraid to try new things.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just can't understand why the manufacturers skimp on axels. The unit dry with no options comes in over 15,000 lbs. The combined weight rating of the axels is ..... 15,000 lbs. Granted there is pin weight but why cut it so close?
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
This is a residential not a travel FW.
Big Bird 2

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
The Mad Norsky wrote:

Not your comments sir, but others. Excel says, and I quote from their web site: It also allows for a half bath that can be accessed without the slide-outs extended. That makes pit stops quick and convenient while the unit is rigged for transport.โ€

So yes, it appears one can indeed access the bathroom with the slide in.

Critique away, surely this is good. But gosh, be accurate at least.

And as for me, frankly I really would never buy this model. Floor plan not what I would want.

Actually, no one mentioned not being able to access the bathroom. They commented on not being to access the bedroom - to be accurate, at least.....
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

drfife
Explorer
Explorer
Trlrboy wrote:
Look at where the dining table is. You cannot fit two chairs opposite each other. Poor design.

Yes, you can fit two chairs opposite each other in his floorplan.

Russell
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE

Trlrboy
Explorer
Explorer
Look at where the dining table is. You cannot fit two chairs opposite each other. Poor design.
2010 Montana 3400RL
Chevy 2500HD Duramax

PHOTOLINK

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
The Mad Norsky wrote:
...but that does not mean we have to comment negatively about it.
Yeah...yeah I think it does.

Not your comments sir, but others. Excel says, and I quote from their web site: It also allows for a half bath that can be accessed without the slide-outs extended. That makes pit stops quick and convenient while the unit is rigged for transport.โ€

So yes, it appears one can indeed access the bathroom with the slide in.

Critique away, surely this is good. But gosh, be accurate at least.

And as for me, frankly I really would never buy this model. Floor plan not what I would want.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Mad Norsky wrote:
...but that does not mean we have to comment negatively about it.
Yeah...yeah I think it does.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this topic because its actually on the cover of Trailer Life! I'm not surprised by the responses as I'm not a huge fan of the concept although I would like to see one in person just to see!

Greentreena
Explorer
Explorer
I like the rino lined roof and optional king size bed.
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW Laramie - Big & Black
Full delete, Torque Technolgies programmer, Sinister EGR delete
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids (Murphy the dog - RIP friend)

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
I have to admit that they are trying to come up with something new and different. I've also got to admit that I don't think this is a very good 'new and different' and agree with everyone else on it. There's just so much that can be done with a floor plan, and pretty much everything practical has been tried at one time or another.

My real complaint is that the designers of most new models are obviously not users of them. Notice how hose fill ports for fresh water are disappearing? Why are only the bathroom and refer accessible in 5ers with slides in? How come you've got to flip some recliners & stack them to travel in a few new models? And why do almost all 5ers have the power access point on the rear instead of the side? Some of the new 'improvements' and even ones we've come to figure out how to live with are just plain brain dead.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.