cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Use an Outdoor Stove?

BlueJean
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering as I am packing for a trip.
I have a plug-in for the propane, but not sure I would even use the stove outside.
37 REPLIES 37

Flyfisherman128
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a 20 pound tank with a Weber grill and a Coleman stove connected to a wye connector. Cook out when we can cook in when we have to.

BlueJean
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome responses!
I guess I will bring my Coleman, as I do plan on a lot of bacon getting cooked!
Thanks!

lillyputz
Explorer
Explorer
I set up a 3 burner stove with 5 gal tank, BBQ, tables and chairs. everything like I was tent camping. only do coffee in the morning in the 5th wheel unless the weather is bad, then we'll cook in side. It's just nice to enjoy the out doors, but can fall back on the conforts of home when we want to, especialy at bed time.

Lillyputz
Lillyputz

Two beagles. Lilly & Zuri

jesse_m_jm
Explorer
Explorer
I do as much cooking as humanly possible outside. I have a big 3 burner stove and a pellet grill. Takes up lots of storage space, but totally worth it to be outside.
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
2009 Keystone Raptor 3712TS
Living full time in it with 4 boys. We might be crazy... :B

Our Blog - Our Family RV Adventure

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
DH loves to cook on the Coleman outside, as do I, just the shear pleasure of all those fabulous smells and views would get anyone's day off to a wonderful start! Bacon and coffee mixing with the fresh odor of pine is pretty hard to beat! Throw in a stream, snow capped mountains, or the ocean, not sure it gets a lot better! Undoubtedly it is one of the best reasons to camp!

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Most stoves supplied with RV's for using outside are useless. I rarely cook outside with a stove but when I do it is with my Coleman 2 burner propane that can generate some serious BTU's.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jeff__h
Explorer
Explorer
I cooked outside all the time with the TT. Had a table set up with a grill and an electric griddle.

The new 5th wheel comes with an outdoor stove, refrigerator and microwave and sink to add to the grill and griddle I already have. I don't foresee the indoor kitchen getting used much at all in the coming years.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nope, we bought the 5th wheel so we wouldn't have to cook outside as we did with the popups. We have the kitchen inside and it works fine. No desire to "rough it". ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
I like to cook outside for several reasons. It gets me outside where I am able to talk to other people who may be out walking. It keeps the grease mess outside and not on the walls. It keeps the DW happy as she can sleep longer since the dog and I are outside and not moving around. I don't have slides on my MH and by being outside I have a lot more room to move around in. I just like being outside, that is why I go Camping. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
We try too as much as possible. Some things are messy and cooking them outside keeps the inside cleaner. Hard to in the colder months though so we limit ourselves to what we cook during those months.
I set up two 4' folding tables next to the 5'er in an 'L' shape and have my Weber Q and a 2 burner cook stove. I run both off of a 20lb propane tank.

sclark
Explorer
Explorer
We use our old Coleman stove. Like others have said it saves on odors on the inside. Cooking fish or bacon can get a bit messy.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Aisin transmission
2014 KZ 358BHK
Honda eu3000is Generator

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We sometime use our Butane Big Chef one burner stove outside.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carry a grill along with a Coleman stove. On the rare occasion when we have bacon with our breakfast it gets cooked outside along with our other smelly foods.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

ROADSTARJR
Explorer
Explorer
I cook outside more than inside makes outside smell GOOD
Joe
2000 REXHALL AERBUS 37' DIESEL
2004 Dodge 3500 DRW
2001 Sunnybrook 33 RKFS

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anytime we want to cook something that requires a stove, I hook up an old propane camp stove. We have never used the stove in the RV, nor have we used to oven. Microwave - Yes, Grill - Yes.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT