Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck/Trailer Capabilities/safety - Newb here....

When I say newb...very new. In fact, we don't have a trailer...yet. We're about two years out from getting the trailer, and as we look around to determine what we want...the trailer gets bigger. We want a toy hauler, and I would prefer a 14-16, wh...

marksz71 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

What are you thought about rear dinette floor plans?

I saw one that I really loved, but it was not quality built, so I found the same FP by Grand Design. I called to inquire, but they quit making them! They only made them for 2 years.Any thoughts as to why that type of FP would not sell? I thought i...

Looped AC System?

I've come across "Looped AC System" in the Keystone Avalanche series. It looks just like a regular AC vent on the ceiling. Can someone tell me just what this means?

Axle issue

Recently purchased a new Starcraft 5er. Upon inspection all break pads are shot. Pads peeled off of shoes. Upon farther investigation found axles rated at 4400 pounds each. GVWR of 5 er is 10,500 pounds. Something seems off. I know pin weight carries...

Izzy211 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Another question for the weight police!!

Hello All, My wife and I are wanting to make the move from a TT to a 5'er. We have found one we like and I think I'm in my limits with my truck, but I would like a second opinion from the forum. Here are the details on the truck and Fifth WheelTruck ...

Waiting on Jayco

Our 2014 Jayco is now sitting in the body shop where it has been for weeks.. The entire RV is oxidized. Jayco cut a check for partial payment to have it painted. However they are charging us $3000 for decals. Now we are waiting for Jayco to actual...

2hammers by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Track and Trail 17RTHSE

Newbe here -I've got a 14' sailboat on a dolly that I'm hoping will roll right up the back of this camper by Gulf Stream. If it does it is likely to be in my future.Anyone have an opinion on the Track and Trail campers?Is there something else out th...

Robzig by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Taveling with Canoes and Kayaks with your 5'er

The short and sweet question is:Anyone ever mounted a canoe or kayak anywhere on or inside your FW?The long question for those who like to know the details:One of these days we are going to upgrade from our TT to a FW. I have a 15 foot long canoe I ...

FireRob by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Cedar Creek Owners

Need input from Cedar Creek Hathaway and Silverback owners.DW and I are torn between the Hathaway 34re and Silverback 33IK.Is the price difference between the two, meaning the Hathaway is about 5-7K more, worth it for the little extras you get?We wil...

ldmc by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superglide owners that use Slip Plate spray

I'm in the process of converting from the messy lithium grease method to Slip Plate graphic spray. I have disassembled the hitch and thoroughly cleaned the way tubes and everything that comes in contact with them with degreaser and even sanded down t...

Njmurvin by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Issue

Ok I know they is a thousand threads on tire issues & I think I read them all. But still a little confused & would like some input before I purchase 4 new tires. I have a jayco Pinnacle, weight from factory 13,119 / rated for 2,831 cargo, so that bri...

tntnardo by Explorer
  • 61 replies
  • 0 likes

Heater Advice please

Well the remodel of our travel supreme is coming along. We fixed the electrical grounding issue, thank you for all the advice on that.Water closet remodeled, bunkhouse remodeled to accommodate residential size twin beds, still installing led lighting...

Battery question

I am going to be purchasing a used 5th wheel from an individual.It is a 2016 dutchmen denali 316res.This will be my first rv, so definitely my first 5th wheel so I apologize for the stupid question.We have been looking for almost a year and finally f...