cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bumper pull with 12' garage

BUILDINGUP
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking for sometime and the largest I have found is an 11' garage on the fuzion toy haulers. Does anyone know if someone in the past or present makes a bumper pull with this big of a garage?

Yes I could step up to a fifth wheel but then I would possibly need to lower my truck or lift the toy hauler and they are already tall enough and I would loose my bed space for extra toys as well.
15 REPLIES 15

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the Work n Play 30WLA because I couldn't find a dedicated garage more than 12' that I could fit my 2 atv's in without turning them sideways in the 30ish foot range. I'm limited due by parking space at home. Some of the bigger 5th wheels were nice, but they were out of budget, and too long/tall.

The WnP has over 14' from the rear door up to the kitchen area that toys can be stored in. We've taken 2 weekend trips with it and we're happy so far. Dry weight is around 8300, with a 1400 tongue weight and 36' overall length. I estimate my typical loaded weight around 9700. I need to hit the scales when I have time to stop. I'm towing it with a '15 F250 CC 4x4 diesel. So far, towing has been fine. Both weekends have been breezy, but nothing too scary from the wind and no sway. It's a big trailer and I feel crosswinds, but it tows well. I'm using a Reese 17k/1700 dual cam WD hitch.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
ThomasFour wrote:
Leftywalker wrote:
I like that the Amped has 8 foot 1 inch ceilings inside so that itself make it feel huge and higher end. One downside is that it is pretty heavy compared to others. Mine is loaded and dry weight is 10,100 lbs with 1100 lb tongue weight.

Greetings, we are considering purchase of the Amped 32GS and towing it with my 08 GMC 2500 diesel crew cab. Upgrading from a 23' Sandstorm, so the weight increase will very noticeable. Any concerns you relay? Thanks much.

HI,

We tow an Amped 32GS with a Ford F250 2WD Crew Cab Diesel. Some of my thoughts on towing it:

1) This is alot of trailer and very high. Wind and passing trucks can really affect the truck/trailer combo. We tow with an Hensley Arrow and it is very stable.

2) We do not load ours very heavy. A couple kayaks, some tools, bikes, etc in the garage. Our loaded wieght is less than 12000 pounds....need to use a tongue wieght scale to assure we stay within the Hensly 1400 poiund tongue wieght rating.

3) Recently added a Helwig rear anti sway bar to the F250. Have not towed with it yet. Hoping it eliminates the small amount of trailer push we can feel in winds and traucks passing...probably not needed....

4) we get between 9 and 11 MPG towing....depending on wind, hills, etc...

5) Have towed about 3600 miles so far. We moved from a 5th wheel to this bumper pull TH. With the Hensley, this tows close to as easily as our 5th wheel did. IMHO everyone who says a 5th wheel tows WAY better than a bumper pull, has never towed with a Henssley or Propride hitch....

Be glad to answer any specific questions you may have.....
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer
I went from a KZ MXT303 to this. Dry weight is about 4000 lbs more with the Amped. I pull with a 2500 RAM Hemi and it handles it just fine. Just make sure you have your hitch set up correctly. But it pulls great.

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
Leftywalker wrote:
I like that the Amped has 8 foot 1 inch ceilings inside so that itself make it feel huge and higher end. One downside is that it is pretty heavy compared to others. Mine is loaded and dry weight is 10,100 lbs with 1100 lb tongue weight.

Greetings, we are considering purchase of the Amped 32GS and towing it with my 08 GMC 2500 diesel crew cab. Upgrading from a 23' Sandstorm, so the weight increase will very noticeable. Any concerns you relay? Thanks much.

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer
I agree on the rear screen thing too. I toured the Evergreen plant and talked to many people about that very thing. I was told, believe it or not, they are using the white roll down screen because with the rear patio option and rails in the up position kids and dogs would run through the screen. I really am not sure if that is true or not. I don't use it enough to be that big of a concern for my needs.

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer

tmilicia
Explorer
Explorer
Leftywalker wrote:
I agree it is more money but all the extras make it worth it. 174 gallon fresh water, two 50 gallons gray tanks, 50 gallon black, water/dryer hookup. 40 gallon fuel tank for toys and 18 for generator. I looked at a lot of them and for me it was worth the money.

It does have a lot of extras and I do really like that toyhauler. The only thing I don't understand is why they used that roll-up white canvas/vinyl thing for the rear door. I like the pull-down screens that a lot of the other manufacturers are using.

The Impact 312 is also aluminum framed. I'll probably order mine within the next week or so. I'm still waiting on some numbers from our first choice, a 2014 Viper XLR 345v14. It's the only 5th wheel toyhauler with a 14 ft. garage that I'd feel comfortable towing with my new F350 SRW. It has one of the lightest pin weights I've found at 2645 lbs. (unloaded, dealer weighed it for me.)
2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 SRW CC 6.7L
2016 Forest River XLR 395AMP Toy Hauler

2013 Cruiser RV Viewfinder V-28BHSS (SOLD)
2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost (SOLD)
2011 Palomino Stampede S-195 (SOLD)
2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 (SOLD)

BUILDINGUP
Explorer
Explorer
is the impact a wood or aluminum structure? Amped states that its aluminum.

Do like the dual slides on the impact 312 though, makes the inside feel very spaces.

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer
I agree it is more money but all the extras make it worth it. 174 gallon fresh water, two 50 gallons gray tanks, 50 gallon black, water/dryer hookup. 40 gallon fuel tank for toys and 18 for generator. I looked at a lot of them and for me it was worth the money.

tmilicia
Explorer
Explorer
Leftywalker wrote:
I just bought an Evergreen Amped 32GS and it has a 12 foot garage and tremendous storage space. It came with the rear patio and rear awning. Also generator was standard.

Love the Amped 32GS, but they want 5th wheel money for one of those loaded up.

The Impact 312 is 38,500 loaded up with power bed/dinette in the garage, 5500 onan generator, party patio and pull down screen.

Leftywalker
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought an Evergreen Amped 32GS and it has a 12 foot garage and tremendous storage space. It came with the rear patio and rear awning. Also generator was standard.

BUILDINGUP
Explorer
Explorer
tmilicia wrote:
Check out the new Keystone Impact 312. It's a new floorplan for 2015 and I've looked at it quite extensively. It's the only bumper pull I could find with a separate 12 ft. garage. I'm just about ready to special order one, I can't find one with all the options and color I want. Also, the picture below isn't entirely accurate, the awning spans the camper from door to door.

I was driving by a RV dealer and stopped in real quick yesterday and they had a 303 on display and then I picked up a brochure and saw the 312. From talking with the sales person i could get the 312 with 5500 gen, and frameless windows for $39k out the door. Loved the layout of the 303 and just need to see the 312 in person to pull the trigger on it. Kind of a lot for one person but I like the seperation of the garage for my quad, motorcycle, mountain bikes and kayak. Tempted to put the house up for sale and just live out of if since I am never home anyways, these things are nice!!

Need to find out if you get the awning overhanging the rear comes standard or if it only comes with the patio kit. Want the awning but not the railing since it obstructs the view.

tmilicia
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the new Keystone Impact 312. It's a new floorplan for 2015 and I've looked at it quite extensively. It's the only bumper pull I could find with a separate 12 ft. garage. I'm just about ready to special order one, I can't find one with all the options and color I want. Also, the picture below isn't entirely accurate, the awning spans the camper from door to door.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Not a lot of separate garage options in bumper pull. Especially over 10ft. Better off with combined garage in bumper pull.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch