cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carriage Cameo

Blackcell
Explorer
Explorer
Just traded our 2010 Keystone Outback fiver for '09 Carriage Cameo 35SB3. Went from low-end to high class in one leap. One owner, looks barely used, roof was excellent, no signs of water damage, common wear & tear was next to zero including the carpet. Immaculate condition inside and out. Everyone (non sales folks) I spoke with said its a dreamboat and few can compare to it. I'll spend months just learning all the new features I've never had before.

We looked over Mobile Suites, Montana, Lifestyle, Heartland, Landmark, Hitchhiker and came right back to Carriage. The layout, quality, features, and overall solid built package just seemed to us a step above the rest while considering price factor.

We do the walk-thru and pick it up next Saturday along with upgraded hitch. I can barely sleep :B.

Well, I've obviously already made the decision but just curious if any current or former Carriage owners are/were happy with their fiver unit? If were not satisfied I'd be interested in hearing.

Thanks!
2009 Carriage Cameo 35SB3, 12.4K dry, 36' Fiver
2012 F350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ultimate FX4, Chrome package, Nav, SRW, CC, LB, 11.5K GVWR, 3.55 ELA, 20" wheels, Toyo AT II, Mor/ryde pin box, Husky 26K hitch
United States Navy Combat Veteran
22 REPLIES 22

Larry_1190
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned Carriage RV's since the early 90's and I wouldn't buy anything else. We have a lot in So. Maryland on the Potomac river and I lived in our Carriage for two years and never froze, our neighbors moved out twice and lived with their kids, they said they couldn't afford the cost to keep worm.

Congratulations on your Cameo and Happy Trails.. You'll love it!!!!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:
Trim screws work out on any brand. Chevman

That they do!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

duramaxdelight
Explorer
Explorer
I can tell your so excited about this new unit to you.

Congrats with your Cameo!!

We have had so much enjoyment with ours, and its extremely comfortable

for any kind a season or weather. We had a cool winter in AZ and this

unit was exceptional with its comfort and warmth.

YOu made a good choice and I wish you lots of fun and safe travels.
Duramax 2011
2011 Cameo:R 37resls:B

"To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own":W

Blackcell
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, didn't expect such a warm welcome and great advice/info & links! Many thanks!! Yes, tires/wheels are at the top of my list. Hopefully, the current ones (I can't remember what tires are on it) will get me through the summer as I've already spent a small fortune which includes our summer trip plans.

Should I expect the dealer to have inspected the brakes and grease the axles before driving off the lot? I plan to ask but last fiver we bought new and brakes, axles, tires were not even a thought as first timers. This one being used but much heavier and I'm alittle more wiser, I'd like to have some reassurance I will get home safely. I'm sure I'll have a big grin ear-to-ear but white knuckles towing it home the first time.

Thanks again for all the great replies!
2009 Carriage Cameo 35SB3, 12.4K dry, 36' Fiver
2012 F350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ultimate FX4, Chrome package, Nav, SRW, CC, LB, 11.5K GVWR, 3.55 ELA, 20" wheels, Toyo AT II, Mor/ryde pin box, Husky 26K hitch
United States Navy Combat Veteran

luvglass
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will love it. We have been living and traveling in ours for over 7 years and if anything happened to it I would search for a used Carriage to replace it. Check out the Yahoo Carriage group with any questions. There are over 2000 members of that group and it is very active.
Good luck,
Fred Wishnie
2006 Carriage Cameo 35KS3, 2006 Ford F350 diesel dually, fulltimer
See our blog at http://www.mytripjournal.com/wanderingwishnies

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2011 Cameo is the very best unit weve ever had. I would look at Lifestyle if buying new. They bought the Carriage designs.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

FiverBob
Explorer
Explorer
You should love your Carriage. They made an extremely good unit. Here is another link to the largest Carriage forum. Great people on board that will give some great tips and help. Good information in their files section.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Carriage_RV/

Bob
2003 Dodge 3500 HO dually 6 speed Laramie, Jordan Controller, RDS aux tank/tool box, Bremen boards, RamAirIII, Jacobs EBrake, Air Safe 25K hitch
Carriage 36' Triple slide Fiver, Onan Gen, Sat, Prosine Inv., MORryd IS and pinbox

broark01
Explorer
Explorer
We looked for years before buying a 2008 Cameo 34ck3 last year. Working through the standard stuff, tires, brakes, caulk and trim screws breaking due to galvanic corrosion (aluminum screws in steel). Have been to many RV shows since buying it and still have not experienced anything we both like better.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
I have no regrets on our '09 35 fd3 unit that Carriage built. Duro tires were poor, overrated. get better tires. I went to Hercules 'F' rated at 95psi and see perfect wear. We did upgrade the axles to 8k electric dexters for stronger braking and stiffer for alingment. I think Carriage did cut corners on running gear.
some underbelly and side trim screws have worked out or broken off, an issue with any camper, not just Carriage.
Our regret is that we did not wait another year for an '10 35 fws.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Trim screws work out on any brand. Chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good quality rigs. Keep an eye on your springs, friends had to replace all 4. They were so bad the axle tubes beat a radiuses dents in the bottom of the frame.

For sure spend the money right now and contact trailertiresandwheels.com and get 17.5" Alcoa wheels and GY H rated tires with a steel wheel and cheap tire for a spare.

I did the above on out MS and sold the 5 tires and wheels on CL for $1,000 and the new tires and wheels sent to me were $3,200 total. They were balanced with steel valve stems and new lug nuts.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the "new" Carriage. We love our 2011 and it has been a great rig. Like any of them, keep a check on everything including the "pop-out" screws that of which have not been a problem on ours. The Vinyl roof is easy to keep clean and the slide design eliminating the need for slide-out toppers is great and one of a kind. Enjoy, and safe travels. Phillip
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Me Again. If you want your trailer to stay looking new get some 17.5" rims and tires. I also agree with scouser about the trim screws coming out. What's with that?
Brian

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have had good results buying various "higher end" rv's second hand. Our Carriage looks like the trend continues.