cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DRV 43 footers - Dallas and others - Actual purchase prices?

travelrider73
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone has a late model DRV in the 43 foot series, especially the Dallas, I'm curious what its list price was and what you had to pay for it. New and Used. Trying to get some numbers in my head for a used one where I think they're asking too much for it.

i know this might come across as a personal question to some of you and I understand... If you don't want to post your personal business on the form but you don't mind sharing in PM, that would be great too (and I'll keep it confidential).

Thanks!
23 REPLIES 23

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are interested offer them 80% of asking price.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

motorcycle_jack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe it depends not only on options chosen but also on whether you choose a discount dealer or a normal dealer. Discount dealers give upto 40% discount on the higher prices as the options that add to the base prices are WAY over priced, like granite counters priced at $3 - $5k. Whats up with that, you can get a very large counter for $5k ,did it in my last house. So check out RV's 4 Less or Rolling Retreats. Between Mellot Brothers and RV's4Less I had a $45K difference in price on the same unit.
John
"Motorcycle Jack"
Life time Good Sam Member
Blog: My RV
5th Wheel Blog

Full timing isn't "always camping". It's a different life style living in an RV.

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
One listed in Denton, TX.

MSRP: $138,898

43' Dallas

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
"Unfortunately, it's with a dealer. They're asking $135k"

I don't find that out of line for a 45' Dallas...when we seriously shopped in late 2012 we spec'd out a 38'MS fully equipped, virtually every option they offered, and we could not get a price below $120K (the MSRP was up around $175K)...that's a large part of why we bought the Landmark.
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Infinityrver
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking at DRV's since early 2012. Understand that DRV has 4 different levels of units. Starting with "Elite Suite". They are in the $200,000.00 range. The lowest end is a "Tradition" for under $100,000.00. A lot of the "Mobile Suites" or "Mobile Estates" were at the Tampa Show (2014) for $117,000.00 to $135,000.00. These were not MSRP numbers, though.
'12 Infinity 3850RL
'11 Ford F350 FX4 Diesel

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
15-30% off the MSRP new. Some dealers add BS fees on top of the factory MSRP so keep that in mind when shopping.

That price is ridiculous new or used sounds like they either paid sticker and/or rolled a trade into the new unit. They can build some nice elites but not 189k worth of nice.

We just ordered an Atlanta. I'd recommend contacting Rolling Retreats via email and get a no BS price from them and compare.

http://www.rollingretreats.com/

I don't think we got a killer price or anything like we did on our Newmar but we were happy with the deal we ended up with.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should try asking this question on the Suites Owners Forum
you might get more answers, as I know several people who post there have bought them. Not sure there are all that many out there, relatively speaking.

and I agree, price sounds too high, We have a 2012 much smaller DRV but we only paid $75,000 for it new/ semi-custom built.

sue
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

travelrider73
Explorer
Explorer
RAINEYTXX wrote:
I have a 2012 ATLANTA and there are a many option packages such as paint, leveling, washer/dryer, wheels & tires, entertainment packages etc that would make a sizeable difference in pricing---any specific one you are looking at?

I'm looking at a 2012 Dallas. I don't have a spec sheet on it yet, but I do know it's fairly well appointed and has full body paint. Hopefully they'll send the spec sheet to me tomorrow. Unfortunately, it's with a dealer. They're asking $135k, which is out of my price range, but it seems to me that sounds like what the original owner should have paid for it give or take a few thousand bucks, not what it should be worth as a 2 year old coach. I'm trying to figure out if the real value of this coach is in my price range or if I should move on.

Dealer tells me the prior owner paid $189k two years ago. I absolutely don't believe that for a minute unless they got suckered into paying MSRP. If was able to drop that kind of coin on a coach, I'd buy a custom rig from one of the niche players in the high end market.

I can't imagine a 43 Dallas will go fast, but I may be wrong. That's not a safe 1 ton dually tow. That's MDT or HDT territory IMHO. I'm in no hurry, so I can play the waiting game a little if they're not ready to deal yet.

RAINEYTXX
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 ATLANTA and there are a many option packages such as paint, leveling, washer/dryer, wheels & tires, entertainment packages etc that would make a sizeable difference in pricing---any specific one you are looking at?
2012 DRV Mobile Suites Atlanta 43'
2012 F-450
2016 Audi Q5
2011 Audi A8L
2004 Audi A4 6 speed sport package