cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dual pane windows

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have dual pane windows have you had issues with moisture getting between them?

If you had single pane in your previous RV and dual pane now are they worth it?

Thanks
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs
46 REPLIES 46

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
That was a older Nu Wa article. Those bonded windows were new in the last couple of years on many models.
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
richfaa wrote:

Dual pane windows are only manufactured with a slider window design, so any jalousie windows in the trailer will become slider windows with the dual pane option. NuWa is not for or against dual pane windows, although the benefits for fulltimer customers is being appreciated more as customers influence our staff's thinking. It's an option worthy of consideration.

No, not true. Ours has dual pane jalousie type windows. They are an LCI product. 3000 bonded These have performed well for us, at least for noise. Have not really had it in too much cold, but on this one I don't jump out of my chair when I lean back in my recliner and accidentally touch my bald spot on the glass. ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
Dual pane windows from Nu Wa "http://www.nuwa.com/faqs/questions/21/

"Can someone explain thermopane versus storm windows?

First of all we know of no "real" thermopane windows in the RV industry as are used in homes. Cost and vibration's impact on the window prevent this design.

What is available is a "dual pane" window, which does in fact have a 1/16" inert air space housed between two layers of glass instead of the normal single layer of glass. Don't expect tremendous difference in the insulation value created by the extra pane of glass and small air space. But those customers who have dual pane windows do feel they offer worthwhile benefits. Benefits mentioned by customers are increased insulation, reduction or elimination of window condensation, and noticeable reduction in outside noise penetration. Negative comments are the $1,300 approximate cost and 150 lbs of added weight.

Dual pane windows are only manufactured with a slider window design, so any jalousie windows in the trailer will become slider windows with the dual pane option. NuWa is not for or against dual pane windows, although the benefits for fulltimer customers is being appreciated more as customers influence our staff's thinking. It's an option worthy of consideration.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Not to panes of glass but to sealed panes of glass, all different ratings.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
richfaa wrote:
Read up on the insulation factor. They are just two panes of glass.

They have worked well for us since 2001.

chevman
. I am sure they have. What I suggested was to look up the specifications on RV dual pane windows before the purchase. It may be useful information.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
richfaa wrote:

They have worked well for us since 2001.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Ive had 3 rvs,2 with single pane , last one is a 07 Cypress Newmar with Hehr Dual pane windows.Th e big plus for the dual pane is no condensation build up on the windows that we had a lot of with single pane.NO problems with the dual pane, 55000 plus miles, Mor Ryde LRE rudder block suspension.

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
When we were ordering our Pinnacle dual panes was one of the first things checked on our options to get list...a no brainer.

No problems and they do what intended for.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
I had always figured that with my next RV it would have double pane windows for the insulation factor. However reading on one of the groups it was pointed out that the units used in RV's are not the sealed nitrogen filled units used in S&B. Just 2 panes of glass. I don't know if that' true or not but it kinda soured me on the idea and when and if the time comes I will find out for sure.

Someone surely knows?
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

dbonney
Explorer
Explorer
I have a lot of experience with double pane windows in three fifth wheels. Six years on a 2000 Jayco Designer, 7 years on a HR Presidential Suite and one year on a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle. I have never had one have any condensation, nor have had any fail. These are all higher end fifth wheels and that may be the reason. In this time I estimate I have traveled more than 150,00 miles. There may be differences due to what type and quality of RV you have and what brand of double pane windows you have.

I am completely satisfied with dual pane windows I have had and would never but an RV without them.
Dale F. Bonney
Pennsylvania State Police - Retired
2016 Ford F350 Power Stroke Diesel DRW
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

justme
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Here is a decent article re: this discussion. Seems that the "fogging window failure" issue is more of a problem in trailers that don't have the same suspension that motor homes have. Trailers ride rougher, vibrate and flex more which is the reason for failure.

Dual Pane - Single Pane Article...HERE

I had a Phaeton motor home before my present 5th wheel. The motor home took 2years to fog up and the trailer took one year. I travel about 10,000 mile per year. I talked to Tiffin about the motor home after it cost me $1200 to repair, and Tiffin helped defray some of the cost. Also Tiffin claims they have spent considerable money in research to make the windows with stand travel. They are better for motor homes, but they are still a weak link and are still costing the customer too much money for repair.
It makes no economic sense to install double pain windows and they are simply another way for RV manufacturers to make more profit. The initial cost of this option is expensive and it very doubtful one will make up the savings in fuel costs. And if they need repair it is even worse. In short park in the shade on hot days and use slightly more fuel on cold days while parking in the sun. You will have less aggravation.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
08 Fw has bean to Alaska and back no problems with duel pane window, I guess some is build better than others, small 1000w el heater kept it nice and comfortable op in the snow.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a decent article re: this discussion. Seems that the "fogging window failure" issue is more of a problem in trailers that don't have the same suspension that motor homes have. Trailers ride rougher, vibrate and flex more which is the reason for failure.

Dual Pane - Single Pane Article...HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro