cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flipping axels

Fishhunter
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2010 AF 21-5 5th wheel while outside and towed it home. I need to raise the trailer about 3 or 4 inches to get it leveled. It pulls excellent but needs to be raised. What entails flipping the axels and how much would that raise the trailer? The hitch is set as low as it will go.
2021Ram 3500 DRW
2020 Arctic Fox 29-5K
ORV 24RLS Titanium (Sold)
2015 Adventurer 86FB (Sold)
8 REPLIES 8

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot one other thing. Do you have the low profile feet? I think they are good for an inch and a half.

OH LOOK, they are only $80.00

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
You can measure the radius of your axle, the thickness of the perch bracket on your axle and the spring thickness. This is how much your lift will be when those dimensions move under your spring. You will probably be in the 5 1/2 inch area. I think thats about what mine was. I also went with 16 wheels and lt tires for about another 1/2 to 3/4 rise. Now I need to buy 30 inch stabilizers for the rear and build a new step box as the first step is too high.

You may also have options with your shackles or a true track kit (?) It's a kit used for axle alignments but I think it gives an inch and a half or so of rise. It's been a year so I'm not sure of the name. It's sometimes a little too much with the flip and not enough with the other tricks. Some guys also build a subframe to hold all the brackets and get 2 or 3 inches.

jrp26789
Explorer
Explorer
I welded them on an older camper. No issues.
If it is fun, the State of Minnesota will try to outlaw it!
2017 F150 2.7 ecoboost
2 tents

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
sierra dealer told me I coundnt do mine .Sounds strange to me iam 2-1/2 inches high front to back

attuco
Explorer
Explorer
I've done a AF 10-5 and a 24-5 with the Dexter kit. You do not have to weld the pad on the axle as they supply adjustable spacers`that transfer the load to the existing pad. They do suggest that welding will insure that there will not be any movement while bolting everything up. I welded one and one I didn't. I had no problems with either. The 24-5 had shocks and they had to be relocated.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Need to have new spring 'perches' welded to top of axle and new U-bolts

AXLE Flip Kits available......Dexter, E-Trailer etc.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ewarnerusa
Nomad
Nomad
I had our TT axles flipped by the dealer first thing when we bought it. It was around $400 and raised the trailer about 4". For folks who have welders and the other proper tools and know what they're doing, I think it is <$100 in parts and an afternoon worth of time. That's not me, so I had the dealer do it.
Aspen Trail 2710BH | 470 watts of solar | 2x 6V GC batteries | 100% LED lighting | 1500W PSW inverter | MicroAir on air con | Yamaha 2400 gen