cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frames

Tuzlo
Explorer
Explorer
Which fifth wheel manufacturers do not use lippert frames and use frames more robust like Fabex which Carriage was built upon?
2003 Dodge Ram 5.9 L CTD, pull rite super glide 2700, load lifter 5000
2005 Carriage Cameo 27RKS, more ryde suspension
10 REPLIES 10

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
What I would like to know is with all the welding on these frames what do they do about stress relieving the frames I do suppose they stick them in big ovens?
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
JIMNLIN wrote:
Tuzlo wrote:
Which fifth wheel manufacturers do not use lippert frames and use frames more robust like Fabex which Carriage was built upon?

Source of a trailer frames can change from model to model and even change in mid year.
IMO the only way to know who made the frame is contact the trailer maker for that specific year and model you have in mind.

IIRC, there is =supposed= to be a builder plate on the pin box base that will give the mfr name and s/n. I know my Komfort has one and it clearly says "Zieman" and the s/n stamped on it.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Tuzlo wrote:

Source of a trailer frames can change from model to model and even change in mid year.
IMO the only way to know who made the frame is contact the trailer maker for that specific year and model you have in mind.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Seems like the problems with Lippert frames have diminished greatly over the years to being a non-issue anymore. I wouldn't pass up a nice rig just because it had one.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Northwood and ORV build their frames in house.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
DRV is on a DRV speced box frame built by Lippert. Carriage as well as Lifestyle up to early 2016 models were on a box in-house built frame. Excel built their own frames and I believe NuWa, too. Anyone else?
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
I think just about everone went to Lippert frames. Jayco used to but now use Lippert frames

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
my signature RV has a BAL frame...very happy with it.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Northwoods builds their own frames - they're a lot stronger and heavier.

Northland Woods

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think DRV uses lippert to build theirs, but not sure.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP