cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full time rated?

FSJPat
Explorer
Explorer
So, due to an impending divorce, I am currently full timing in my Class C MH. Once I sell my house, I plan on trading up to a FW for full timing. The two brands I am looking at are Heartland and Prime Time (Crusader). I have been scouring the websites to find out what models are rated (warrantied) for full time use, but I am not finding the info I am looking for. Thanks for any help.
2013 Bighorn 3370RK
2008 Ford F450
Full timin' and loving life.
27 REPLIES 27

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
Vanliegh Vilano is warrantied for full time use. I have an email from Forest river that says they will not cover warranties for full timers. Read all fine print.
2017 Vilano 375FL (Bob's Cabin Carolyn's Beach House)
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

FSJPat
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this topic almost 4 years ago. I ended up getting a Bighorn (the one in my signature) because I really liked the layout. Big kitchen, decent sized bathroom and more cabinets than I've ever seen in an RV. It has been very trouble free so far, and last year I remarried. My wife moved in with her dog (75 lb pit bull) and it is still serving our purposes well. She adapted to the RV lifestyle easily, and even though we have looked at a few newer units, she doesn't think any compare to our layout.

We recently moved to Washington state from Virginia, and there were no problems with the unit while towing it cross-country. It was nice taking a month and seeing the country, and getting to stay in our home every night.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

2013 Bighorn 3370RK
2008 Ford F450
Full timin' and loving life.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Or just open a window or roof vent. ๐Ÿ™‚
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

m35a2
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
My current 5er is full time rated but my previous trailer which had superior construction and insulation stated the trailer wasn't designed for long duration stays. The reason Bigfoot said no to full time was due to moisture mitigation, they are too tight. Bodies give off a lot of water and you don't want your trailer to rot from the inside out. Maybe a more porous or breathable trailer would be the way to go. Anyway, something to think about.

Very good point. Moisture is a big concern.
Possibly mitigated by awareness and judicious use of a dehumidifier

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
We're all so programmed to ignore the fine print and manufacturer's instructions. This might be a time to abide by them... as the OP is trying to do.

I have a feeling those ignoring these recommendations are the ones screaming the loudest when something breaks. There are many reasons that an RV would be labeled as not suitable for full time use. Most of which you may never see.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
My current 5er is full time rated but my previous trailer which had superior construction and insulation stated the trailer wasn't designed for long duration stays. The reason Bigfoot said no to full time was due to moisture mitigation, they are too tight. Bodies give off a lot of water and you don't want your trailer to rot from the inside out. Maybe a more porous or breathable trailer would be the way to go. Anyway, something to think about.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO any RV can be used for fulltime. I think the term fulltime rated comes from the fact that some manufactures are said to void the warranty if they find that its being lived in fulltime. Plus as a marketing ploy it tends to attract fulltime buyers attention. It doesnt mean its made any different than others. I have finally found a rig that I can be happy with which, for me, makes it fulltime rated. ๐Ÿ™‚
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
dbob62180 wrote:
I find this topic so interesting. Who is 'they' that do the rating? Is there a standard in the industry that any rig (regardless of manufacturer) most meet to be considered a full time rig? So far, it appears these are just consumers opinions.

I think you will find that the full time rating is used by a mfg to indicate they will honor the rv warranty when used full time. Some void the warranty if used full time and not rated for it.

That's my take on it and has nothing to do with how cold or hot it can operate in.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
motorcycle jack wrote:
DRV's Mobile Suites was created for full timing. With the R ratings it is made for living down to 0 degrees. With the 15" frame it is made to handle any traveling. Just ask someone who has one or check one out. It's not the glitz that makes it a full timers dream but the construction. Things like 17.5" wheels, solid wood interior, residential refrigerator...I could go on but then I'd be bragging, so I'll quit. But seriously they are heavy but will give you all the comforts of home and last for full timing and built for it.

Solid wood? Check your crown moulding!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

dbob62180
Explorer
Explorer
I find this topic so interesting. Who is 'they' that do the rating? Is there a standard in the industry that any rig (regardless of manufacturer) most meet to be considered a full time rig? So far, it appears these are just consumers opinions.

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
If you are full timing and plan on being in colder climates, be sure and factor in insulation.
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

Ohiojude
Explorer
Explorer
FSJPat wrote:
So, due to an impending divorce, I am currently full timing in my Class C MH. Once I sell my house, I plan on trading up to a FW for full timing. The two brands I am looking at are Heartland and Prime Time (Crusader). I have been scouring the websites to find out what models are rated (warrantied) for full time use, but I am not finding the info I am looking for. Thanks for any help.

Heartland is rated for full time and states that. They are a well built unit. We were told by our sales person as well.
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ diesel dually, Curt Q20 Hitch
**traded in-the lemon- 2012 Winnie Raven 5th Wheel**
for a marvelous-2014 Big Country 3596RE
Traveling with 3 wonderful Feline Furboys Milo, Mason and Mozart

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
Take look at Excel by Peterson is rated for full timing and can have some custom features when one is built and stands behind their units.

Dan

earlvillestu
Explorer
Explorer
What are the improvements DRV has made in the last five years?
Stu
Jayco King 8 PUP (1986-2014 - RIP, little friend :()