cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How is Southeast Financial?

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone use them? Any feedback about them would be appreciated!
26 REPLIES 26

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
Try State Farm Bank. We refinanced our FW with them. Good rates.
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
I would add a note to that. There are over 1000 ways to figure interest. I don't go by the rate but the monthly payment. I tell them the size of the loan and the term. I get a monthly payment that I can compare to another monthly payment. Many times you will find the lower rate has a higher payment. It's all in how the interest is figured.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since you have excellent credit, after you get your rate from Southeast, check with Essex Credit/Bank of the West. There website posts there rates. After finding out what rate and terms you qualify/want then go to dealer. Know what your credit score is, tell dealer the rate you have been approved for, your score and tell them to beat it. They can call the lenders they use and get rough figures without a hit on your credit and get you a rate. Sometimes they can beat what rate you have, sometimes they can't.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Best to shop financing on your own. Dealers get a kickback from the companies they use, which ends up costing you more money..

B.O.

Best post in here.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Best to shop financing on your own. Dealers get a kickback from the companies they use, which ends up costing you more money..

B.O.

Would you care to explain with numbers?

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent.

Dumoldles
Explorer
Explorer
How's your credit rating? This may determine which lending institutions the dealer may use.

Dumoldles

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know that dealers did a search for financing. I thought that they had their regular financing institutions lined up.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
As far as terms, yes, most are about the same as one another. But this is kind of like picking a dealer to buy from. No two are alike, and some are certainly better than others. And some are really bad.

While I like the terms of the loan I have, it's a small credit union. Can't make online payments, and their customer service is terrible. Wish I had known that when the dealer did the search.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. One's about the same as the next. I like to deal with my local credit union. Go where you get the best deal. I'm thinking they're all pretty closely regulated. Is there some special reason you want to go there?

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is there any differences between companies? I thought they all were the same. They lend you money, you pay them back per the agreement and everything is good. You miss payments and things don't go so well.