cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance Question

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Just got our new insurance bill for our new 5vr.
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Amica
$920
IS THAT CRAZY?! :E
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
18 REPLIES 18

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
ramyankee wrote:
That is really high. We are with State Farm and for our 5ver is just over $300 a year.
Yes, I would do some checking.

X2
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB wrote:
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Amica
$920

A little bit, I just got a quote for a new 2018 43' Rapter @ $123K MSRP, and it was only $43 month, with $250 comp and $500 col deductible. Thats also with 250-500 coverage, not 100-300 a lot of people have. That's through American Family.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB wrote:
Thanx for all the responses!
We do the bundle thing. One '08 truck, one '99 car, home and 5vr. Good driving records, no tickets or accidents.
I think it's time we shop around and see what else is out there.

๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, gather all your information together is a file. Then send that file to each company for a qoute. That way they all have the same information, deductables, desired coverages, etc.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Might I add: What i do, now this is me, but i make the time and it works well. I make a copy of my declarations page, home and auto, black out the amounts and policy number and company name. I then scan and email it to at lest five companies. I let them know I will be making a decision on the xx of whatever month, June for me. I usually save a few $$$ overall. The last three years, my existing company actually dropped my cost by about $75 for every six months, over the whole policy and i added home to them and saved another almost $300 for the same plus some extra coverage. It works well, keeps everyone in check and i feel good about what I am paying for. Anyhow, that is it. Just wish i could do that with medical insurance, but that is a horror story all by itself. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx for all the responses!
We do the bundle thing. One '08 truck, one '99 car, home and 5vr. Good driving records, no tickets or accidents.
I think it's time we shop around and see what else is out there.

๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
DanNJanice wrote:
BugsRLB wrote:
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Amica
$920

When I got insurance qoutes this past December Amica was one of the most reasonable ones. I would look at your policies closely, maybe you have un-necessary coverage's. If you are not already bundling, do so, it helps a lot. How is your driving and credit rating, that counts as well.
I sent requests for quotes to 6 insurance companies, here they are from cheapest to most expensive. The difference between cheapest and most expensive was about $540/yr.
Progressive
Amica
Gieco
American Family
State Farm
Allstate.

Guess it depends where you live and what kind of coverage and deductible. Amica was slightly more expensive than Geico, but did cost more. I've only had Geico for a little over a year..
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Cali and I pay 260.00 every 6 months-520.00 a year for my 2005 trailer. I pay 3000.00 every 6 months with a 1000.00 deductable for my 15 year old truck ,my 10 year old car, my 5 year old car, and my 12 year old trailer. I need 2 jobs just to pay for my insurance in California.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
We are paying for full coverage with replacement cost valued, glass coverage etc. We also have it included with our auto policy, total of two trucks, and one 2015 Grand Design fifth wheel, $50k and the cost listed on my declarations page is $272 every 6 months or $544 per year. Of course we have discounts due to home and vehicles along with other discounts as we all have, (credit union, CDL, own home, parked at home, recreational use, etc. ) So that is mine with National General through Good Sam. We have been super happy through the years, had one claim and without any issues for it. So that is us, Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2014 is insured for a full replaced value of the purchase price of $78k for the first 5 years. We pay right at $900 a year, full coverage with Progressive. Rates are based on the owners record, age, zip code in which the RV is parked in, etc. Shop around.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
That is really high. We are with State Farm and for our 5ver is just over $300 a year.
Yes, I would do some checking.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

pickjare
Explorer
Explorer
Also the rate varies a lot with higher deductibles. Maybe your $920 is a low deductible like $250. Call around, maybe if it would work for you (as far as you being comfortable with the risk), check on a $2000 deductible.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
This issue comes up all the time here and is near impossible to compare. That is because rates vary so much in different areas of the country and from state to state. Best advice is to get quotes from several companies in your area and include an independent agent who can quote different companies.
And as for Amica, they have never been competitive with my quote searches here.
And IMO, you should get comparisons at least every 3 years. You will be surprised how much rates change.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
That is more than I pay for 2 cars, a motor home, a fiver and a 4 wheeler
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB wrote:
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Amica
$920

When I got insurance qoutes this past December Amica was one of the most reasonable ones. I would look at your policies closely, maybe you have un-necessary coverage's. If you are not already bundling, do so, it helps a lot. How is your driving and credit rating, that counts as well.
I sent requests for quotes to 6 insurance companies, here they are from cheapest to most expensive. The difference between cheapest and most expensive was about $540/yr.
Progressive
Amica
Gieco
American Family
State Farm
Allstate.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD