cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco or Grand Designs toy haulers experience?

355spider
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with these brands? I've heard good things. Thanks.
19 REPLIES 19

thd
Explorer
Explorer
loboclone wrote:
We have had nothing but issues with our Jayco Seismic 4212, 2 years of hell. If I could get rid of it I would buy a Grand design!

X2...Just got back from a trip to Moab with my 355W and have a few new issues to add to an already lengthy list. Some I fixed on my own (had too) like all the wires fell out of the shore power plug socket. Never were tightend at the factory. My experience with Jayco service is terrible. Worst I have ever experienced.

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
We have had nothing but issues with our Jayco Seismic 4212, 2 years of hell. If I could get rid of it I would buy a Grand design!
2015 F-450 CC 440 HP 19.5 DRW. 26,500 Resse FW
Jayco Sesimic 4212 Toy Hauler
Oreion Sandreeper-Street Legal and tilted for the on road
480 Watts ZAMP 3 panel US made Solar system-Smart Glass panels

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, overwhelming support for the Grand Design. We love our Jayco Seismic 4212 and intend to keep it for a while.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
As with any of them, you have to find a floorplan that works for you. Having kitchen cabinets that are easily accessible, without a stepstool and with some depth are important to us. Similar to 12" deep cabinets in your house. Some models/brands have nothing close. I personally wouldn't buy the Jayco because of the slide system they use on their large slides so between the 2 you mentioned the GD would be the better choice in my opinion.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

dandubois3360
Explorer
Explorer
We like the 350 but are concerned about the CCC. After golf/cart or side by side and fill water/gas, there doesn't seem to be much cargo carrying capacity left?
The add washer/dryer, generator etc. How are you coping with it. Otherwise we are kinda stuck going with Jayco 355W or Highlander (which is nice but they stopped making 5th wheel toy hauler - scared me off.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We would have purchased a Grand Design if they had a floor plan that worked for us. I've heard nothing but good things.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned a Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel for a year now. We love it. Grand Design offers outstanding customer support. Anytime I've had a question or concern I've received a prompt response. Usually within a couple of hours. This is our third 5th wheel and is the best by far.
We wouldn't hesitate to purchase another.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300

thd
Explorer
Explorer
GlampinLife wrote:
We've got a 2016 Jayco Seismic Wave 310 and the attention to detail when building the 5er kind of sucked, to be blunt. Originally I needed one with at least a 12.5' garage for my RZR 4 seater but didn't want to go over 40' and tandem axels to keep the weight down to pull with our 2011 F250 6.7

And I really wish we would have bought a GD. I love our Jayco but would have loved a GD a little more.

I would agree with the above. We have a 355w and have had quite a few issues, none preventing us from using it though. We have had issues getting things repaired under warranty. I have spoke with several people at Jayco trying to get warranty work done with no luck so far. I have made most repairs myself so far. Local Jayco dealer is a joke, but that's a whole different story.
I too wished I would of bought GD. The 350M is almost identical floor plan to what I have. I have heard mostly good things about GD.

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Totally happy with the Momentum 350M. Sleep 6 comfortably. Transport golf cart in back. We've taken it all over the southeastern states. Load management system works great while running 3 A/C units when it's hot. Few minor repairs covered by warranty. At 38", it's the right size to fit in most camping places we go. The curved from end caps enabled me to not need a slider hitch to use with a 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually.

I'd buy it again.
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

GlampinLife
Explorer
Explorer
We've got a 2016 Jayco Seismic Wave 310 and the attention to detail when building the 5er kind of sucked, to be blunt. Originally I needed one with at least a 12.5' garage for my RZR 4 seater but didn't want to go over 40' and tandem axels to keep the weight down to pull with our 2011 F250 6.7

And I really wish we would have bought a GD. I love our Jayco but would have loved a GD a little more.
2016 Jayco Seismic Wave 310
2011 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
Andersen Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
2016 E-Z-GO Express S4 High Output
Our Blog: www.glampin.life
YouTube: www.youtube.com/GlampinLife

crazybanshee
Explorer
Explorer
Just brought home our new Momentum 397th. Seems like a well built trailer. Would have bought another Cyclone but they did not have a floor plan that worked for us.
2007 Volvo VNL780
2017 Momentum 397th
2 Honda 400EX's
3 Yamaha Banshees
Honda 250EX
15 Polaris 900 S VOODOO Blue
15 Polaris 900 S Titanium Matte Metal
17 Polaris S 1000 Stealth Black
Polaris Outlaw 110

355spider
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like GD is a to contender for me. Thanks so much.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We've full-timed for almost 3 years and put almost 24,000 miles on our GD 380th. While we've had some minor issues, we've found Grand Design's customer service to be above expectations.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design did just sell to Winnebago. So far, nothing has changed - they still have EXCELLENT after-the-sale support and their build quality is good. They seem to realize that GD has been doing a lot of things right, and want that to continue.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)