Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-Z RVs, considering a 315RKD Durango

IronHide13
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Does anyone on this forum own a KZ-RV? We are considering one after searching for something smaller than our current 5th wheel. Hate the idea of trading in, but we really love the 315RKD, and it's considerably smaller than our current 5th wheel. Has anyone ever ordered from the factory, or through a dealer? There are some options that we want that weren't on the one sitting in the dealer lot. If we do this, we want to do it right since we will want to keep it for a while.

Thanks much for your advice!
20 REPLIES 20

Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 2002 Sportsman TT gave us 8 trouble free years. We upgraded to a 2013 Durango FW and have no regrets. This has been a great unit.

I'll keep buying KZ until they give me a reason not to.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
We LOVE our Sportsman Showstopper and I would recommend to anyone. We also have a great local dealer only about seven miles away ... I cannot say enough good things about the TT and the service we get. We have used the TT for two seasons and have had zero problems.
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

JohnRa
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Durango 320RL built for us in the winter of 2012 going into 2013. We did go through a dealer and were told that winter is the best time to have things special ordered because it is a slower time at the factory.

We've had run of the mill (knock on wood) stuff wrong with ours that the dealer has taken care of. I would look at KZ again in the future based off of the RV we have now.

EscaladeEscaper
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a used 2008 Escalade in September. The owner had nothing but good to say about it. They lived in it FT for over 3 years. Hadn't used it much since and decided to sell. We were totally impressed with the workmanship. We shopped around and quite honestly we hadn't seen anything else that came close. The previous owner had done a great deal of research before he bought the Escalade. He said he was impressed with the company, the workmanship, and what he saw at the factory.

kenboat
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Sportsmen that we bought new. I would think by now the Sportsmen assembly line will have levels and squares.
1999 Ford F250 SuperDuty CC LB 7.3 TD
2008 KZ Sportsmen S245RL2
1956 Owens Outboard Wooden runabout boat

randy328
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 KZ MXT toy hauler. No real issues except nearly two years into ownership I noticed the ramp door starting to delaminate at the bottom. Took it to my dealer, they contacted KZ and they sent a complete new door. No hassle, no fuss. Hinge wasn't sealed well.

Would definitely buy again. Great customer service (and this was after they were bought by THOR).
KZ MXT2920, Ford F250 4dr long bed
Bunch of Motorcycles - Track Instruction and Race
German Shepherd "Qorkey"

heaterswa
Explorer
Explorer
On our second KZ product since 2004. Been to the factory once, in 2004 for a tour. Was impressed back then. Great company and friendly people. I didn't recall hearing about them selling out a year or two ago.
I would buy again, but may take another tour to see how the new company operates. I would have to think that they keep operating with the same work instructions and quality.

-Bryan
Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

tcamper
Explorer
Explorer
dont own a KZ product but an RV buddy that I've been hanging with for 15 years is on his 2nd KZ product and he has been very satisfied. And rarely has any issues. (2nd because he upgraded)
Let's go camping.......

Terry & Eileen
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2015 RAM 3500 4X2 / 6.7 Cummins diesel
Houston, Texas

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2008 Durango TT and now a 2012 Spree anniversary edition. Loved them both. We went to look at a new spree this past spring (and looked again at the Hershey show) and the QC is terrible...looked as if they threw it together...we passed both times. Also when I pointed things out to the rep....he could care less.

IronHide13
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much for all of the responses so far, we are very encouraged. We plan on looking to purchase one around February time frame. We are willing to travel to get what we are looking for. 🙂 Also, we are thinking about ordering one through a dealer if they can give us a good price. Has anyone ever ordered one to be made for them? There are some options that we want, that I believe need to be specially ordered.

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2008 KZ would love to buy another one, bigger than ours 325sb, (38'6") perfect condition but would like a Gold but we lost our dealer! We have a extended warranty and they have been great. KZ was great when we had minor problems. No major problems and we use it about 10k miles a year!
Its a great Rv!

Bruce

radio_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
We have a KZ Durango 355R 2012. Have it 3 years & bought it new. Only problem was the TV & they gave me a new one to replace it. Great FW, in a few years I will buy a KZ again.

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2011 Escalade. Had quite a few problems but the build quality was very good. My previous DRV was 100 times worse wrt build quality. Not sure about quality today but I'd buy another if it was anything like my current one..

greg_gurd
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 276BHS. We had a 40' Cardinal but wanted smaller and bunk for our family and friends. After looking around and checking pricing we ended up driving from Ontario to Wisconsin to buy ours from Horn's RV and save thousands even with exchange and taxes. We tried to make a deal with a local dealer but couldn't come close to Horn's price. We are loving it. Have fun and good luck.