cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LCI Auto Level troubles- 6 pt electric

Giggitygoo
Explorer
Explorer
I curious if anyone else is having trouble with their auto level system. Mine is on a 2013 Voltage 3905. I brought mine to dealer after the first use becuase the right rear jack never came down or the middle two jacks either. They said it was fixed, I took it back out again and the front and rear jacks lifted the front and rear axle off the ground and the middle jacks never came down (it was never level- it read out of stroke). I was on level ground and had 5" word of pads under rear jacks. I wonder if the gyros on not sequenced or operating properly.
Thanks for any insight.
17 REPLIES 17

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
maxx1015 wrote:
Should u put wood or blocks under the pads of the 6pt jacks or not

In the 5er forum, I asked folks who have similar systems if they use blocks. Most do. Doesn't mean they are needed though. IMO, blocks help spread the weight over a larger area. Most, if not all, foot pads on these systems are fairly large.
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

maxx1015
Explorer
Explorer
Should u put wood or blocks under the pads of the 6pt jacks or not

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
The system works just fine on its own. I use 2"x8"x8" wood blocks under the jacks for stability, but other than that I never see the need for large amounts of cribbing. I've had the trailer on ground that was far enough out of level that I had the wheels several inches off the ground on one side to get the trailer level. Basically if the system doesn't do its job with the push of a button, something is wrong!
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dave Wilburn wrote:
The front and rear jacks level the trailer. The middle jacks only come down to act as stabilizers when the others have it level. The middle and rear jacks only have 4" of stroke (if they were longer. They would stick up through the floor).
When you park the trailer, cycle through the screens until it tells you exactly how far out of level you are. You need to get the trailer to within 1 degree of level side to side first. More than that and the rear jacks won't have enough stroke to get it level. Id you are on a soft surface, dig small holes for each tire and park with the tires in those holes. On a hard surface, drive onto blocks to raise the low side. Once that is done, drop the front landing gear and unhook. Then raise or lower the front until the trailer is within 1 degree of level again. Then put blocks under the rear and middle jacks. The. You are then ready to push the auto level button.
You have to get it close the old fashioned way, it then does the fine leveling and stabilizes the trailer. Once you do it right a couple times, you'll get the hang of it and you'll be set up drinking a beer 5 minutes after pulling in.
That sounds more complicated / more work than just putting planks under the wheels.

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with JohnBoy! That is way too much work! Especially with that system.

JohnBoyToo
Explorer
Explorer
Dave Wilburn wrote:
The front and rear jacks level the trailer. The middle jacks only come down to act as stabilizers when the others have it level. The middle and rear jacks only have 4" of stroke (if they were longer. They would stick up through the floor).
When you park the trailer, cycle through the screens until it tells you exactly how far out of level you are. You need to get the trailer to within 1 degree of level side to side first. More than that and the rear jacks won't have enough stroke to get it level. Id you are on a soft surface, dig small holes for each tire and park with the tires in those holes. On a hard surface, drive onto blocks to raise the low side. Once that is done, drop the front landing gear and unhook. Then raise or lower the front until the trailer is within 1 degree of level again. Then put blocks under the rear and middle jacks. The. You are then ready to push the auto level button.
You have to get it close the old fashioned way, it then does the fine leveling and stabilizes the trailer. Once you do it right a couple times, you'll get the hang of it and you'll be set up drinking a beer 5 minutes after pulling in.

And the purpose of an auto leveling system is what ?:-) ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I would be livid if I had paid 3k+ for leveling system and had to do that !!!!

Sledge_Hammer
Explorer
Explorer
When I first set my unit up, the auto level system told me I was level, but I was really listing to one side. It was out 1/4 inch on a 10 inch level! Called the dealer and they said "they are really new to us, why don't you call LCI" I did and the tech talked me through the recalibration. First you set it to manual mode and level the unit with a level. Then you turn the system off. With the system off you hit the front button 10 times and the rear button 10 times. The system will turn back on and gives a message of which I do not remember the words and you hit enter. System all fixed after that.
2013 Fuzion FZ315
2013 Ford F350 DRW

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
This post makes me appreciate my Ground Control level system even more.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

gravessat
Explorer
Explorer
Giggitygoo wrote:
gravessat wrote:
I had the same problem, I had to manually calibrate it, you dealer should be able to give you the instructions.

However every now and again the center jacks will not come down all the way and I have to do another autolevel.

Do your center jacks come down last when they do work?

Yes and now that I think about it I bet my battery was low when I had the rare problem with the center ones not coming down all the way.

If I were you I would get the instructions and a long level and level it and calibrate it yourself on a flat hard surface the first time, they told me the sensor was on the underside of the floor above the middle axel, I also made the front just a little higher than the back, but not much that way my AC condensation drip was at the back when the AC was running.
2008 Dodge 3500 Megacab
2012 Voltage V3795 Epic package
2011 Black RZR4
2010 blue RZR4 Robbie Gordon Special!

Giggitygoo
Explorer
Explorer
Dave Wilburn wrote:

Appreciate the idea, I'll give it a shot.
Makes sense, that way the system does not have to work so long to level.

I' bet I'll be drinking a beer in under 5 minutes after pulling in!

Dave_Wilburn
Explorer
Explorer
04.5 Ram 3500, '12 Voltage 3905 Epic, 69 baja bug

hammer21661
Explorer
Explorer
Giggitygoo wrote:
gravessat wrote:
I had the same problem, I had to manually calibrate it, you dealer should be able to give you the instructions.

However every now and again the center jacks will not come down all the way and I have to do another autolevel.

Mine do. That thing hasn't broke yet but for now I think it is the Cats MEYOW!
2018 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel Lariamie 1-2018
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

Giggitygoo
Explorer
Explorer
gravessat wrote:

Giggitygoo
Explorer
Explorer
gravessat wrote:

The dealer has recalibarated it twice for me, I am still getting the same result. I am bringing plenty of wood for pads where needed, not sure what else to do.