Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Our Texas road trip (updated w/pics)

Well this trip was over due ever since my Inlaws moved from CA to New Braunfels TX. They insisted we visit them and we would love it. We did have a great time I was just too far from the Pacific Ocean for me to ever consider moving there. Although it...

eDUBz by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Venom

Anyone have any experience with these? Have been researching toy haulers my local dealer is selling these now. KZ rep even took some advice rep the dealer and made a new model with their ideas in mind. 4114. Looking hard at these and I see a few thin...

mudmaker by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

TA truck wash

so I just called TA truck wash about having my trailer washed at the TA truck stop in Sparks Nevada. Told me it was a dollar a foot plus 22 for my truck. Has anyone else used them?? Worth it to have the dust knocked off?? We did a really good wash ab...

Paying for someone elses Sins / Buying used

So we went on a camping trip in the new to us 5th wheel this last weekend and were at the dump station I pulled the valve, dumped black tank, then gray tank, and then tried to shut the black tank valve and it wouldn't fully close.So I hook up the hos...

Saggy front door

On my old 99 Travelaire 5th wheel the main door is sagged on the bottom left so it now sticks on the door frame when you go to try and open it and close it.I tighen up all the screws around the door but that didnt help. Not sure how to fix a saggy do...

1/2 ton for towing 26FT TH

I have a 2007 WW FS2600 and currently have a 2002 F250 7.3L 4x4 for hauling it. I also have a car that for a daily driver. Was thinking with the capacities of the 1/2 tons increasing and wanting to reduce my overall number of vehicles, could I safe...

Road service

Okay, so here we are, about 5000 miles into our 6000 mile trip. We're on the I90 westbound from Butte Montana heading to Spokane Washington for the night. Coming down a long steep grade a car pulls in front of me and puts on his 4 way flashers. I'm c...

Rygar by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel hitch

Can anyone recommend a fifth wheel hitch that is slider, with weight capacity of 26,000 lbs, and is fairly easy to switch over to gooseneck hitch? Preferably a Curtis, or Reese, or other top name brand?Thanks.

don1911 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspension upgrades

Just picked up a new 5th wheel toy hauler. I am under my max load for my truck. 2011 GMC 2500 HD duramax. Looking at better shocks than factory. Helwig rear sway bar. PPE deep tranny pan & rear differential cover. We run back roads. Not Interstate ro...

Cwchuck by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Hartland ST Tires

Anyone have any feedback on the Hartland Tires. Pickup up a used fifth wheel and going to change out the tires. Guy at Discount said they were new to the marker but very good................ and sure I can tow that with this!

Etstorm by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are you going?

For labor day weekend? I think we are going to hit up Hungry valley to cruise the RZR around. Anyone else taking the toys out?

eDUBz by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Flexible floorplan for soon to be empty nesters

Not sure if this has been asked before. We are considering upgrading our bunkhouse TT to a 5th wheel. Our kids are in high school and will be leaving the nest soon. We are looking for a floorplan that can give them their space now like they have w...

Jayco 310W or Nitro 305VL5 Toy Hauler

We're in the market for a toy hauler and have narrowed our choices to the two models listed above. We prefer units with slides on the side opposite the door side and only 2 axles. Can't seem to decide on which one to go with. Any comments pro or con ...