cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maiden Voyage

Ray-EOD
Explorer
Explorer
We had our maiden voyage in our new Torque toy hauler, we couldn't have asked for a better time. I did have a few questions that some of your might know the answer to.
1. Our Torque has 2 bathrooms, full bath up front and 1/2 bath in garage. Out side there are 2 drain stations, both have grey and black pull handles. Drained both black tanks fine, drained the front grey fine, but when I attached the rear drain and drained the grey, it poured out of the front drain station. Is this normal, is this the way it is suppose to be?
2. Storage. We will be storing the TH for about 30 days before we head out again (work pulled me away), what is the best way to store the TH? keep a little water in the black tanks, and grey tanks, and total drain the fresh water?
Thanks for any help you have on this.
14 REPLIES 14

Ray-EOD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all.
I did get a chance to talk with the dealer and yes, both grey tanks drain out the front drain, the black tanks drain out of the respective drains.
I just wasn't smart enough to ask that question when we had the trailer walk around.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Tank Treatment in both gray and black after I've flushed them out.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
When I live our rig for a longer period, like a month I train the fresh & grey as well as the water heater. I do leave 3-4 gallons of treated water in the black tanks. If it's freezing out then I leave the antifreeze in both the grey & black tanks.

Leaving your grey tanks open can be bad; as your dealing with sewer gasses. When I setup my dump hose I do try to create a bit of a U or dip in the line. I really hate having to monitor the grey tank with 5 people taking showers, washing and prepping meals. Some places I do leave it closed.

Use Happy Camper Tank Treatment and you will never smell anything again. Best product ever made for our holding tanks, and you use very little.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

srgt30
Explorer
Explorer
Drains are probably normal. My cyclone garage bath black tank drains out the rear. The rear bathroom sink and kitchen sink are tied together and drain out front although the handle is in rear.
2011 3500 dually
Cyclone 3800

Y-Guy
When I live our rig for a longer period, like a month I train the fresh & grey as well as the water heater. I do leave 3-4 gallons of treated water in the black tanks. If it's freezing out then I leave the antifreeze in both the grey & black tanks.

Leaving your grey tanks open can be bad; as your dealing with sewer gasses. When I setup my dump hose I do try to create a bit of a U or dip in the line. I really hate having to monitor the grey tank with 5 people taking showers, washing and prepping meals. Some places I do leave it closed.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
Ray-EOD wrote:
We had our maiden voyage in our new Torque toy hauler, we couldn't have asked for a better time. I did have a few questions that some of your might know the answer to.
1. Our Torque has 2 bathrooms, full bath up front and 1/2 bath in garage. Out side there are 2 drain stations, both have grey and black pull handles. Drained both black tanks fine, drained the front grey fine, but when I attached the rear drain and drained the grey, it poured out of the front drain station. Is this normal, is this the way it is suppose to be?
2. Storage. We will be storing the TH for about 30 days before we head out again (work pulled me away), what is the best way to store the TH? keep a little water in the black tanks, and grey tanks, and total drain the fresh water?
Thanks for any help you have on this.

regarding the fresh
if planning for 30 days I'd dump the fresh and start again with new water; leaving it sit for that long you can get an odd smell that will annoy you. Oh and don't forget about the water heater.
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

Macman83
Explorer
Explorer
I believe certain Voltage models are plumbed the same way as well. I have 2 gray water tanks with 2 separate handles that both drain into the same outlet. Those with the half bath in the back have a separate black water hookup just for the back bath.
2010 Ford F450 Superduty diesel
2013 Voltage 3905

Ray-EOD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Vic

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Ray-EOD wrote:
Thanks All.
I was wondering if that was a FUBAR or if it was meant to be that way. I can understand if I was parked in one place for an extended period, that having both front and rear grey tanks drain continually would be a good thing (don't have to move the hose as much), but having the multiple handles (grey and black) in both front and rear threw me off when I drained the tanks.

Your don't want anything continuously draining. Likely to lead to build up in either the black or gray tanks. Do a drain periodically, when the black tank is close to full. Drain the black then do a primary flush by draining the gray tank. Further flushing is optional but, highly recommended.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Ray-EOD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All.
I was wondering if that was a FUBAR or if it was meant to be that way. I can understand if I was parked in one place for an extended period, that having both front and rear grey tanks drain continually would be a good thing (don't have to move the hose as much), but having the multiple handles (grey and black) in both front and rear threw me off when I drained the tanks.

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess there is a plumbing FUBAR. The second grey tank appears to be plumbed to the first grey tank drain gate valve. Not likely to be a problem. The second tank drain could be rerouted to the second drain gate valve.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I always store my trailer with full fresh water tank and a few gallons in the black with treatment. Grey tank is left empty.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I like to keep some water in the black tank so any stuff that's sitting on the bottom doesn't set up solid.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
No real need to keep any water in any of the tanks.
If temps are going to be below freezing, then maybe pour some RV antifreeze in all the sink and shower drains, and some in the toilet.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator