Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing VIN Number

elkrott
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Keystone Montana 3400RL
Label that should be on left side up front is missing it had VIN number is there any other place on the 5 where VIN number can be found?
Need picture of VIN number so I can register and title it.
15 REPLIES 15

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If the seller did not have the VIN on the sales documents and you have not purchased it yet, don't walk, run!
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I removed my refrigerator and found a VIN plate on the wall behind the fridge.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Oaklevel wrote:
Ours has the VIN stamped above the pin box, its a typical problem with all trailers the side VIN sticker fades out. If you contact the manufacturer they will probably send you a sticker. I have done it with my flat & box trailers.

X2!

Mine is stamped in the pin box.

X3
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oaklevel wrote:
Ours has the VIN stamped above the pin box, its a typical problem with all trailers the side VIN sticker fades out. If you contact the manufacturer they will probably send you a sticker. I have done it with my flat & box trailers.

X2!

Mine is stamped in the pin box.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help with location of VIN, but I did come across an interesting document that tells you how to DECODE Keystone VIN's. If you have the number on the Title you received but can't find it on the rig, matching the Title VIN with characteristics in the decoder may be sufficient to satisfy the State that the rig matches the Title.

Link to decoder
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is several places, including on the sales documents, title and registration.

oddly mine is also on the screen door

Call the factory, extra locations some times change by model year
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Did you just buy this unit? If so and you can't find a VIN number on the unit you may have some serious problems.

If you're in the process of buying and the seller can't produce a VIN number matching the Title, walk away like real quick.

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on calling Keystone. Have them give you 2 locations you can observe the VIN to make sure everything is on the up-and-up. Being a retired LEO alarms go off when someone starts talking about missing VIN plates.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
elkrott wrote:
2008 Keystone Montana 3400RL
Label that should be on left side up front is missing it had VIN number is there any other place on the 5 where VIN number can be found?
Need picture of VIN number so I can register and title it.

Wow, not only the decals peel off the Placard does also!!!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
Call Keystone Customer Service and they will direct you.
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Should be about 5 places. Just have to look for them.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
It should be stamped into the frame near where the pin box bolts on.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A