cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Carriage?

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen the new Carriage? I noticed it is made by Crossroads.

I am wondering if they are of the same quality as the old Carriage? I have a 2003 Carriage 30rls. I know that Carriage RV went out of business around 2009-2011 sometime.

They are now made by Crossroads. Are they using the same construction methods as before they folded? Are are they following more conventional rv construction methods?
Dan
25 REPLIES 25

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
My wife says now 5th wheels look like a loaf of bread with the crust cut of!!
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't Montana offer the FG rear cap as standard equipment? Then they dropped it and added it as an option. Did they lower the price when they dropped it?

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
What is with the delete of rear caps. Montana has to be spec'd just so to get one. Grand Design high end Solitude lacks a rear cap. On and on! Next you know Thor will drop it on the MS. Chris

doubt that...it's been what, six years...Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country still have rear caps...
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
What is with the delete of rear caps. Montana has to be spec'd just so to get one. Grand Design high end Solitude lacks a rear cap. On and on! Next you know Thor will drop it on the MS. Chris

OH my! I sure like my rear end with it being all curvy and such.:B

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
routemaster wrote:
jims1 wrote:
Go look at one, or compare the specs on them.... I-beam frame, Lippert everything FIT, its got foofoo, but no bones....
Kinda like the cameo Thor came out with.... NO back cap on a Cameo?

Not to hijack the thread but I have been looking at the Bay Hill no end cap either.. what the frame they are using?
Den.

Built in the same place as the Lifestyle/Alfa Golds. All on a Lippert frame.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The one NEW "Cameo" I looked at was sure pretty, but it was a long way from being like the original Cameo.

I'd skip buying one.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
The problem for manufacturers is that HELOCs are gone. People, in general terms, can't afford the $125k luxury fivers anymore. They keep the name plates and build them in the $60-$80 range and even then actually sell them in the $55-$65 range.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
jims1 wrote:
Go look at one, or compare the specs on them.... I-beam frame, Lippert everything FIT, its got foofoo, but no bones....
Kinda like the cameo Thor came out with.... NO back cap on a Cameo?

Not to hijack the thread but I have been looking at the Bay Hill no end cap either.. what the frame they are using?
Den.
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
I see that Lifestyle has gone to a different frame, what I liked about the old Carriage/Cameo and than the Lifestyle line was the double stacked frame. I also see that Lifestyle has a new president, I think he's the same guy that was in charge when Carriage went under and had moved over to Thor. He must be looking for ways to cut coast. To bad I liked the Lifestyle, not sure what to look at now.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
But now they are changing lifestyle to the Lippert I-frame. They won't even be using the Bigfoot Levelers anymore.
My 2011 Cameo better last a long time! Lol!
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

RTompkins3
Explorer
Explorer
CoMoCo wrote:
Lifestyle is making the 101" wide body starting with the 2015 model year. Not sure if all 2015s are 101" or if it is a mid-year change.

Midyear - We have an early 2015 and it's 96"
Ralph (W1KDK) and Cathy
2015 LifeStyle LS38RS 5th Wheel
HMC USN(Ret)

broark01
Explorer
Explorer
I live in a location where a Lifestyle Luxury dealer is not close so was excited when I found myself on a trip with a dealer close. We currently have a Carriage Cameo and are always looking for our next camper. Our short list includes used DRV, Lifestyle and would consider a nice used 2010/11 Carrilite xtrm5.

Anyway, I went to the Lifestyle dealer. They had 1 Lifestyle Luxury but many Alfa Golds. The sales person I talked to indicated that they had some bad experiences with the Lifestyle Luxury line (primarily with the slides) and the one on the lot had been sold back to the manufacturer. They were not going to carry them anymore but he was very positive about the Alfa Golds which they were going to continue to carry.

He did not want to let me look at the Luxury model but finally let me after much begging. Very nice quality and much like the Carriages but apparently there are some issues.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Around the same price and good quality...look at

Lifestyle
Mobile Suites
Excel

A bit more $$$$
New Horizon
Spacecraft
Custom Coach

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot