cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions needed regarding this floorplan

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I would love to have some feedback on this floorplan. What, problems or potential issues do you see with this floorplan...if any?

http://www.tomraper.com/rv/coachmen/fifthwheel/8518/Coachmen__

Thanks in advance for your help!
31 REPLIES 31

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
TV position is awkward TV does not face the seats. A swinging mount may be a simple solution. Questionable bathroom access with slide closed. Very little counter space. Rear entry could create minor access issues.
But overall an OK plan for a smallish unit.
Every plan out their has some compromise including mine! LOL
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Campinfan wrote:
I would probbly hit my head on the curb side slide out but that's because I am a klutz, but if I liked a floor plan with that, I would not let it stop me from getting it.

This works great for a visual deterrent, and a cushion if you do hit it.

Thank you! Great idea!!

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
waltbennett wrote:
To add to what some others have said, I know my wife would quickly complain about the lack of counter space. That was the problem with our old TT and this plan is almost as bad.

This had more counter space than most I have seen in this length, but I was wondering if it was enough...

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:
My only possible concern would be if you cannot get to the bathroom or fridge without putting out the slide. Other than that it looks like a nice rig.

Yikes! Thank you!! I did not see that!! I would consider it important!

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:
My only possible concern would be if you cannot get to the bathroom or fridge without putting out the slide. Other than that it looks like a nice rig.

That is also what I would be concerned about. Access to the bathroom without opening the slideout is a big deal while traveling,
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Campinfan wrote:
I would probbly hit my head on the curb side slide out but that's because I am a klutz, but if I liked a floor plan with that, I would not let it stop me from getting it.

This works great for a visual deterrent, and a cushion if you do hit it.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
To add to what some others have said, I know my wife would quickly complain about the lack of counter space. That was the problem with our old TT and this plan is almost as bad.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
No bathroom access with slide in would be deal breaker for us.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
filrupmark wrote:
We had a 285RLX2 Durango with the rear door. We won't own another rear door fifth wheel. You cant backup very far in a site or you steps are in the mud or way past the slab. If you have to lower the front for leveling your steps get high in the air. When traveling in the rain the steps get covered in road dirt. I do like the floorplan other than the door. The TV may be a little close.

Awesome!! Thank you for that info!! Sooooo good to know!! Never considered that issue, since we have never owned an RV!!

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 285RLX2 Durango with the rear door. We won't own another rear door fifth wheel. You cant backup very far in a site or you steps are in the mud or way past the slab. If you have to lower the front for leveling your steps get high in the air. When traveling in the rain the steps get covered in road dirt. I do like the floorplan other than the door. The TV may be a little close.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Ram4Sam wrote:
The television might be a pain to watch.....the two rear chairs will have you looking at the tv from a weird angle, could be a pain in the neck. Same with the sofa/hide a bed.

Sam

This is true, too. We sat in the recliners and if the person near the door reclines, it completely blocks the doorway. Quite tight.

The TV does not swivel, unless we put a swivel mount on it, but when sitting on the sofa or the recliner next to the sofa, there was not a cricking of the neck to view the TV, since the TV is on a diagonal and not at right angles to the seating. However, the recliner near the door would have a tough time.

We considered swapping the sofa with the recliners, so that the door would not be blocked, but then it just occurred to me, that if someone is sleeping on the sleeper, the door would be completely blocked, so that would not work either!

Hmmmm....I am seeing more issues as we discuss this rig....which is exactly what I was hoping to do.

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:

This is a concern that my DH has...we have never seen a slide-out on the curb side to the right of the doorway, where you would have to pass by that slide to get to the door. It looks kind of dangerous.

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
I have to say, for a smaller 5er (33'), that is one of the most liveable floorplans I've ever seen!! I can so no problems with it...saw some actual pics and it's really a nice unit...
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Ram4Sam
Explorer
Explorer
The television might be a pain to watch.....the two rear chairs will have you looking at the tv from a weird angle, could be a pain in the neck. Same with the sofa/hide a bed.

Sam
2016 Dodge cummins 3500 SRW LB CC 4X4 Aisin, Nav, white w/brown
No keys, B&W TOB & Companion

Gone....served me well...1991 Dodge Cummins...2001.5 Dodge Cummins

2008 Thor Jazz 2870UK 5er

Driving a Dodge Cummins since 1991...

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III