Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our new Lance 2212

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Just wanted to share that the wife and I are proud owners of a brand new Lance 2212 toy hauler. We picked it up 6/27/15 and were camping in the Tahoe National Forest over the fourth of July weekend. This is our second trailer but quite an improvement over our 2006 attitude. The layout of this trailer is pretty cool and we could not stop thinking about it when looking at some other models. We wee even shown a couple of toy haulers that were much larger for about the same price but the layouts just felt kinda blah, and almost all had bathrooms that felt like you should wear elbow and knee pads in, while this 2212 feels pretty roomy. The quality was also pretty noticeable compared to the stealth, attidude, and stellars that we looked at. Some of the things that make this trailer unique are the power awnings on side and rear with LEDs built in. LED lights used through the whole trailer inside and out, and blue "mood" lighting on front and rear exterior and above the overhead cabinets inside. Not that that makes the trailer any more functional or anything but it sure looks cool! And it has an island style galley with a slide out and a separate(locking door) front bedroom, all in a 22' box!

So anyway if you can't tell I'm pretty excited about this trailer. I've look all around on this forum and google searched for any owner reviews and found nothing so I just thought I'd share and if anyone has any questions about the trailer please feel free to ask.
Still a novice
2015 Lance 2212ks Toy Hauler -current TH
2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost max tow -current TV
2003 Ford Expedition -Sold
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold
26 REPLIES 26

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:
HMBdave wrote:
Strabo wrote:
Im not that impressed with them, but thats MHO. Plastic wood, thin chassis frames, no ovens they dont even come standard with a spare tire.

I live near the factory and know people who either work there or own a new Lance camper.

I do have an oven/ stove combo as well as a microwave. And I have a spare tire. Not sure what the plastic wood is but I know that the special light weight formaldehyde free plywood they use for the cabinets and doors is way lighted than the solid wood used in my old toy hauler allowing for more cabinets and storage tan I previously had for about the same weight.

Their maybe a better built toy hauler out there but I'm not aware of it.

My inlaws have a brand new 16' TT from Lance, and i swear thats how it came from the Lance factory in our town, The frame is light weight bolt together with holes to make it light, didnt like that either.

Oh, ok your talking about the TT which I don't know too much about as I have their toy hauler and never looked into the TT but I think your talking about two differnt beasts here. Those TTs are made to but super light and towed by an average suv and only made to hold about 1000 pounds of cargo. I don't think they need to be build like something made to carry heavy atv's and other toys out into unpaved areas. Built for different purposes. Anyway I respect your right to a diffrent opinion and thanks for sharing.
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
You can't do better than a Lance! Congrats
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
HMBdave wrote:
Strabo wrote:
Im not that impressed with them, but thats MHO. Plastic wood, thin chassis frames, no ovens they dont even come standard with a spare tire.

I live near the factory and know people who either work there or own a new Lance camper.

I do have an oven/ stove combo as well as a microwave. And I have a spare tire. Not sure what the plastic wood is but I know that the special light weight formaldehyde free plywood they use for the cabinets and doors is way lighted than the solid wood used in my old toy hauler allowing for more cabinets and storage tan I previously had for about the same weight.

My inlaws have a brand new 16' TT from Lance, and i swear thats how it came from the Lance factory in our town, The frame is light weight bolt together with holes to make it light, didnt like that either.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Racerx11
Explorer
Explorer
HMBdave wrote:
Racerx11 wrote:
What sold me on the Lance brand were this series of videos:

Pricey yes, but I believe you get what you pay for.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LanceTrailer/videos

Especially this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjHjWv5wJWY

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. If your in the Manteca stockton area and want to have a look your more than welcome

Oh I want one, I WANT ONE ๐Ÿ™‚ but I'm going to use my Rage'n for a couple more years. Maybe by then Lance will have something new to offer.
Thank you for the offer, I do plan on checking one out in person next time I'm down that way.

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Racerx11 wrote:

Especially this one:

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. If your in the Manteca stockton area and want to have a look your more than welcome
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:

Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
atwowheelguy wrote:
It's a very nice looking camper.

I'm curious as to how your towing weights worked out vs. your RGAWR and GVWR. My toy hauler has a published dry weight 2,000 lbs. lighter than the 2212 and loads my F150 (1607 lb. payload) to within 50 lbs. of the RGAWR (no Max Tow).

100 gallons of water!

The spec sheet is interesting.
Lance 2212
Tongue Wt./Gross Dry Wt. = 640/6605 = 9.7%
Tongue Wt./GVWR = 640/9950 = 6.4%
They must be counting on carrying some water.

Mine:
Funfinder Xtra XT-245
Tongue Wt./Gross Dry Wt. = 765/4650 = 16.5%
Tongue Wt./GVWR = 765/7765 = 9.9%
As weighed Tongue Wt./As weighed camper wt. = 780/6740 = 11.5%

How did the tongue weight work out when it was loaded?

Honestly I didnt find out the tongue weight of of loaded trailer . I can tell you that we put almost everything in the trailer th TV only carries myself, wife, our baby, dipper bag. her stroller and the wood that I place under the jack rides in the bed. I estemate that the combined weight is about 460-480. I'd have to check what the trucks acual payload is.

*Edit: checked and the trucks payload is 1650# max tounge weight is 1150# the items theat are in the trailer plus food, drink, and an atv brings it to about 7,800# I don't know the toung weight as loaded
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

Racerx11
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:

Sounds thin ๐Ÿ™‚

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:

The specs say it has an oven and a microwave and a spare tire as standard equipment.
5200# axles, too.

http://www.lancecamper.com/toy-haulers/2212/#specs

This video shows an oven and a microwave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y89rAAjNP68

Nice, but I'm afraid it is too heavy for my F150.
2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer

04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
It's a very nice looking camper.

I'm curious as to how your towing weights worked out vs. your RGAWR and GVWR. My toy hauler has a published dry weight 2,000 lbs. lighter than the 2212 and loads my F150 (1607 lb. payload) to within 50 lbs. of the RGAWR (no Max Tow).

100 gallons of water!

The spec sheet is interesting.
Lance 2212
Tongue Wt./Gross Dry Wt. = 640/6605 = 9.7%
Tongue Wt./GVWR = 640/9950 = 6.4%
They must be counting on carrying some water.

Mine:
Funfinder Xtra XT-245
Tongue Wt./Gross Dry Wt. = 765/4650 = 16.5%
Tongue Wt./GVWR = 765/7765 = 9.9%
As weighed Tongue Wt./As weighed camper wt. = 780/6740 = 11.5%

How did the tongue weight work out when it was loaded?
2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

Racerx11
Explorer
Explorer

Especially this one:

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
redhooker wrote:
Out of several RVs we have had over the years, our Lance 815 was the best built and most trouble free camper we have ever owned. It was a 2004 and had a solid sheet aluminum roof that just needed a dab of dicor very year to stay leak free. Out of hundreds of days camping and thousands of miles-I used it for tournament fishing-the only repair was 1 AC unit. The best thing was when we (reluctantly) sold it we got about 90% of what we paid for it 6 years prior. They are without a doubt a quality company. Lance Campers are indeed expensive but just try to buy one used in the south and see how quick they get snatched up.

Red, I'm glad to hear you had such a good experience with your lance.. I hope that ours gives us the same trouble free ownership.
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
JMT2 wrote:
idk but 44K sounds p pricy to me.
it true they are pricey, but they have a lot of nice touches that we feel you are hard to find unless you looking at those big triple axle 5th wheel haulers. But to find them in something smaller is rare.
Sure you could probably get a lot more trailer for the price size wise but I prefer a smaller package that we know can be takin into campgrounds that have max length limits and are a lot less scary to tow than a 40' house on wheels. That being said both the wife and I found that the huge haulers had a lot of things that made you say "WOW this is nice" but the smaller trailers were all nice but not "WOW". With this trailer we feel like we got the best of both worlds.
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold