cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REDWOOD FIFTH WHEEL

IUOE150
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a brand new 2014 redwood 38 GK, the day i got it home opened slides and ripped the trim on the wall right off, the air conditioner didn't have a drain line leaked water thru roof electrical shorts whole house vacuum broken t.v. were falling off brackets. and there's more this has been the worst nightmare in my life. it took two months for them to fix. got it back and it opened up another can of problems, slide out is tearing carpeting up window in bedroom is broke the furnace discharge blows the heat out onto storage door melted it they have agreed to fix everything but can't get parts to repair facility. it's been there two months again the repair facility sent a truck for parts today to the factory only to find out there was none. they also promised to make my payments for the first repair which took two months and they RENEGED on their promise. WORD TO THE WISE STAY AWAY THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL BUT IT'S ONLY SKIN DEEP. I am not new to the rv industry this is my 4th unit.BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
46 REPLIES 46

cwkickers
Explorer
Explorer
I just traded in my 2011 Redwood. I'm so glad to get rid of it. I don't know about any other Redwood but mind was a piece of junk.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
japetty wrote:
avvidclif1 wrote:
MARKW8 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
This is Spam. We see this all the time on here.. new member, first post, never heard from again.

It might be his first post BUT, I own a Redwood and know just what he speaks of.

Mark

You may consider it spam but I saw what the mentioned manager did to Crossroads. And now he's with another company.....

I am glad he posted as I was considering a Redwood (Used) but ended up buying 2011 Montana. This thread confirmed to me and the wife we made the correct decision. We are happy with our Montana 3050RL. Thanks for posting and confirming what the OP was saying even if others consider it SPAM.
I've had both and both were very little trouble, but they are truly in two different classes, the Montana doesn't come close to features offered by Redwood, and in my opinion the general assembly is better on the Redwood, even though construction wise they are very similar.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

japetty
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
MARKW8 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
This is Spam. We see this all the time on here.. new member, first post, never heard from again.

It might be his first post BUT, I own a Redwood and know just what he speaks of.

Mark

You may consider it spam but I saw what the mentioned manager did to Crossroads. And now he's with another company.....

I am glad he posted as I was considering a Redwood (Used) but ended up buying 2011 Montana. This thread confirmed to me and the wife we made the correct decision. We are happy with our Montana 3050RL. Thanks for posting and confirming what the OP was saying even if others consider it SPAM.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Infinityrver wrote:
Lillyputz, (his name on forums) was a past Redwood owner. He is now an owner of a Lifestyle 5er. He has posted threads on the Redwood owners forum in the past. I'm sure he is on the "Carriage" forum, now.

I'd look him up and PM him. He can probably give you some information on how to move forward.

Why Dave from Maine - you speak with such a different allegiance when on the other two Redwood forums! (oops, were you working undercover to get your anti-redwood intel... sorry)

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Redwood, Loved our Montana - always funny to see a slam post on one of these rigs from a guy that pops his top before he thinks, and then the same old guys here jump on the bandwagon with the slam, even though they have never owned one and most likely have never even seen or been in one. Sounds like a huge majority, but just a bunch of old retired full timers in their relic coaches that always have an opinion about something.

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
I was of the opinion that the Redwood was fairly nice 5th wheel .We have friends that have Redwoods and are very pleased with them and have experienced no more problems that any of us with other brands. We do not have a Redwood but I would have no problem in purchasing one..
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

4advtr
Explorer
Explorer
0nTheRoad wrote:
I too am sorry to hear of the problems that IUOE150 has experienced but I have to wonder why he took delivery of the coach in the first place?

I have a 2013 Redwood 36FB, have had it for about 1 1/2 years and have had very few problems, all minor. During my PDI we found a few things that needed correcting, they were addressed before we took delivery. Our coach is beautifully built and has held up to fulltime living with no problems. The few minor issues were taken care of during our annual inspection all under the 2 year bumper-to-bumper warrantee at no cost to me!

I have to chuckle with all the Redwood bashing here and for the criticism of the founders, seriously...these are RV's, RV's have issues, not just Redwood, or Crossroads, or Thor but ALL RV's I challenge you to tell me about any RV that doesn't have design flaws, QC issues or lemons.

The Redwood community is growing and the vast majority of the owners are VERY happy with their coaches. There are a few, an extremely small minority, that have had serious issues but in most cases the real problem is with the local dealer who simply don't do their job in correcting problems before the customer takes delivery.

So who out there wants to step up and tell me they have the perfect RV???

Agree 100%! Have had our Redwood for about a year now Fulltiming in it since day 1. Absolutely love it. For my needs it's heads and tails above the rest and Redwood has been very easy to deal with up to this point. A bad or lacking PDI can make all the difference in the ownership experience.
2014 Redwood 38BR
2013 Ford F-350 6.7L SRW
B&W Turnover, 18K Companion

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I am late as always on getting in at the start but to delivery of our Redwood 38GK 2 weeks ago and HAVE NOT taken her out due to recent surgery.
We have been camping in the shed she is stored in and so far nothing has broken and about everything has been used.will be posting problems if /when they pop up and praying they will be minor.
Bought from a dealer in madison, al. which is only 15 miles from home. Being a local dealer hope to have great service, and traded in a 2012 Big Sky that was in almost new condition for someone to get a great deal on.
We are leaving in August for 2 months out west so will learn then if all is good or bad. and in 3 weeks hope to get back out in the camping world.
Bob. Coast Guard Vet with medical problems but enjoying LIFE.

Infinityrver
Explorer
Explorer
Lillyputz, (his name on forums) was a past Redwood owner. He is now an owner of a Lifestyle 5er. He has posted threads on the Redwood owners forum in the past. I'm sure he is on the "Carriage" forum, now.

I'd look him up and PM him. He can probably give you some information on how to move forward.
'12 Infinity 3850RL
'11 Ford F350 FX4 Diesel

Dave___Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I guess everybody has their opinions and issues but I've had my Redwood for over 2 years and last year alone towed it over 23,000 miles. I figure I've had mine around 32,000 miles all total. Yes as all RVs there's adjustments but I've been around RVs for the past 40 years and this is the best one I've ever owned.

When I do have problems (some of which I've caused myself), the company has always been polite and easy to work with. I can't say that was the case with past companies.

I always figure these forums have the 80/20 rule. 80% of the people are good folks trying to be around other like minded folks with a passion for RVs and the freedom that they afford. The other 20% use them as a pulpit to justify their "stinkin thinking" and no mater what they do.....unhappiness follow them through life.

Happy Trails
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ

bigmichael
Explorer
Explorer
0nTheRoad wrote:

So, OnTheRoad---I suspect you have successfully killed this thread. LOL:B

But I'll keep watching for the answer so I can purchase it if I ever buy another rig.
2014 F350 Lariat
2013 Excel 36 RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

0nTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
I too am sorry to hear of the problems that IUOE150 has experienced but I have to wonder why he took delivery of the coach in the first place?

I have a 2013 Redwood 36FB, have had it for about 1 1/2 years and have had very few problems, all minor. During my PDI we found a few things that needed correcting, they were addressed before we took delivery. Our coach is beautifully built and has held up to fulltime living with no problems. The few minor issues were taken care of during our annual inspection all under the 2 year bumper-to-bumper warrantee at no cost to me!

I have to chuckle with all the Redwood bashing here and for the criticism of the founders, seriously...these are RV's, RV's have issues, not just Redwood, or Crossroads, or Thor but ALL RV's I challenge you to tell me about any RV that doesn't have design flaws, QC issues or lemons.

The Redwood community is growing and the vast majority of the owners are VERY happy with their coaches. There are a few, an extremely small minority, that have had serious issues but in most cases the real problem is with the local dealer who simply don't do their job in correcting problems before the customer takes delivery.

Chuck & Ruth

csg11
Explorer
Explorer
I am really sorry about the OP's experience with his new Redwood. I cannot even imagine the frustration level with those kind of problems.

As a Redwood owner, these stories (and I have heard them)boggle my mind. We have had exactly the opposite experience. Our 2013 36FB has been almost perfect. We have had it into the dealer a couple of times for relatively minor problems with the biggest one caused by the dealer (wrong batteries installed). The factory has been most accommodating on the phone and in person (we have been to the factory for visits twice).

We have been very pleased with our decision to buy the Redwood. IUOE150, I wish you the best in your attempts to get it resolved so you might be as pleased in the future as we are now.

Gary

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I get tired of all the bashing where someone posts his problems, and someone calls it spam. Give me a break. Why would they do that. That definitely not the first time I heard of Redwood problems. Anyway I've been through trailers that were pretty but very poor quality. I had two Fleetwood Quantum's. The stupid thing is I bought 2 of them. Really didn't know rvs could be quality until I bought a Cameo. Not perfect but way better. Let's quit the bashing.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we were looking at new rvs earlier this year came across a guy selling is Redwood for a $30k loss... it was 8 months old. Asked him what needed fixing and the list was as long as the op. They sure are pretty though...
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"