cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange park

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Checked into an Encore park in Fort Laudedale, and it is set up so you pull in with your door facing the hook ups! You must pass the hoses and cords under the RV to hook up! First time I have encountered such a weird set up. I think is they just reversed how you pull in everything should be fine, BUT that is not how they want you to set up! Anyone ever encounted such a set up and could anyone enlighten me on why this would be the prefered method? Specially in South FLA, the first person to trip on a hose or cord would have sued these people!
27 REPLIES 27

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-man wrote:
laknox wrote:
Campland on the Bay in San Diego has a powered trailer dolly and will pull trailers into opposing sites, nose to tail. That way you have awnings facing each other. Frankly, never paid any attention to the pedestal, but I believe they're all at the back of the pad anyway. I thought that was a very cozy idea for camping with family/friends in another rig.

Lyle

Coconuts at Fort Meyers Beach is like that, but at least your hook ups are in the correct side!

KOA in Kingman AZ has a bunch of "Buddy" sites. Ours allowed my DW to see a little more of our German neighbor than anticipated when he changed out of his swimsuit (inside their rental RV with the door open).
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
We stayed in a county park one time that had the water hook up near the road and 100' away was the power hook up. It as at the back of the site. I was already unhooked before I realized this.....

Did the same thing but had a bad pedestal once. Was fully unhooked before my surge guard alerted me. It was already dark. Ended up moving over one spot.

Now, plugging in to power happens BEFORE I unhook. That way I can make sure power is good.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
There is a campground in Homer,AK that has waterfront sites set up for motorhomes to pull into for the view and then hook ups are on the correct side for them. 5th wheels that stay in those spots must back in and their utilities are then on the wrong side. The view: Katchamek Bay and it is spectacular!
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in a county park one time that had the water hook up near the road and 100' away was the power hook up. It as at the back of the site. I was already unhooked before I realized this.....

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
Campland on the Bay in San Diego has a powered trailer dolly and will pull trailers into opposing sites, nose to tail. That way you have awnings facing each other. Frankly, never paid any attention to the pedestal, but I believe they're all at the back of the pad anyway. I thought that was a very cozy idea for camping with family/friends in another rig.

Lyle

Coconuts at Fort Meyers Beach is like that, but at least your hook ups are in the correct side!

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Around where we stay some have motor home spots and trailer spots, motor homes on the preferred sites. Place across the river mixes them up using a tow motor to pull the fifth wheels in. Of course the motor homes get the river view and us Low life fifth wheel owners get the other view.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yellow sites are 'mobile homes'
Purple sites are RVs

Instructions in Blue Box
Must pull in direction of arrows
Utilities must come from under coach

PDF..MAP
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Dtank wrote:
laknox wrote:

Lyle

"Cozy" it ain't..:R

Guess some things never change!

*Crampland* on the Bay (AKA - San Diego Zoo Annex) would stack RVs on top of each other if they could figure out a way to do it.

Went there many, many years ago when kids were little.

Once was enough...;)

Have been twice; once in the eastern section, with very few trees, and once in the older section. It was pretty nice, only 1 row from the water and nicely shaded. We did go in Sept., the same weekend as Bay Fair, which was cool, but the park wasn't that crowded. The crowd =really= showed up for the Jimmy Buffet "family reunion" party, though. 🙂 Golf carts with shark heads and fins, tiki bars all over and Buffet tunes all week.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:

Lyle

"Cozy" it ain't..:R

Guess some things never change!

*Crampland* on the Bay (AKA - San Diego Zoo Annex) would stack RVs on top of each other if they could figure out a way to do it.

Went there many, many years ago when kids were little.

Once was enough...;)

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I have seen that in some side by side setups.
That is not typical for MHs.
MH, TT and 5ers are all setup the same way

Yep... X 2
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Casey's RV park in Oakridge Or is like that. It seems back a$$wards to me. It's set up with river view pull thrus. A MH typically will drive in towards the view that can be seen out the front window. While TT's/5ers would normally have the view out the back. So when we go there we pull in forwards with no view or back into the pull thru to get a rear view and then run the hoses under the 5th. But then if there's a MH next to us our doors are face to face and our picnic table is on the opposite side.
All the back in sites are setup correctly. Really nice RV park aside from that.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

TS21sso
Explorer
Explorer
Visited a ACE facility in Ok that two of the campgrounds were a circle with the picnic tables, fire rings and utilities were on outside of circle. The Rv sites were paved areas on the arc of the circle and to the right. The other campgrounds around the lake had back-in sites. Must have been a reason??

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
Executive wrote:
You must be referring to Sunshine Holiday. Often, when a campground has sites that face a lake or the ocean they put the pedestals on varying sides of the sites. Motorhomes can then pull in facing the water and fivers can back in with their rear window facing the water. Make sense?...sounds like you picked a motorhome site....Dennis

Yep, my thoughts also. And with this theory, the picnic table, and any patio area would also be on his back side.

Water, Veiw? Yes it is Sunshine, and my fabulos rear view is the parking lot of the strip mall! Yes there would barely be enough room for another small RV to pull in next to us, with no room to extend the awning, if we both reversed our direction at least the hookups would be fine!