cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesla 3212 - very cool!!!!

nwcutie
Explorer
Explorer
We want to downsize and were looking at the Tesla 3212. WOW!

We love the quality, fit, and finish of the Adrenaline.

How does Tesla compare?

We can't seem to find much info on Evergreen Recreational Vehicles.

Any FIRST HAND info is much appreciated!
Children are unpredictable. You never know how high up the wall they're going to drive you!

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins/ Aisin /bagged diesel dually
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355 TH
kids and quads - life is great
19 REPLIES 19

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
stsmark wrote:
The Tesla assembly factory for the cars is now on the other side of the bay Nayther, they took the old GM Fremont plant which for about 25 years was the NUMMI plant, a GM Toyota joint venture. I think they used to build Tacoma's there also.

My BIL is doing Thermal Imaging for electrical issues in the plant, they do a huge amount of stuff in house and still are only using about half the floor space.

The cars are really cool up close, all over the place up here.

I'm not real familiar with the bay area, swagged the Palo Alto locale. I did know it was the old Toyota plant though. Yes they are cool cars, great reviews and I guess they really perform well. My contact in Hawthorne got a chance to drive the original roadster and he said its a rocket ship.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
The Tesla assembly factory for the cars is now on the other side of the bay Nayther, they took the old GM Fremont plant which for about 25 years was the NUMMI plant, a GM Toyota joint venture. I think they used to build Tacoma's there also.

My BIL is doing Thermal Imaging for electrical issues in the plant, they do a huge amount of stuff in house and still are only using about half the floor space.

The cars are really cool up close, all over the place up here.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
We saw these at the Pomona RV show. Very impressive units with all the bells and whistles. Their "regular" 5ers were very posh, even had a dishwasher which go my DW's attention. I believe they also had front living room models.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
christopherglenn wrote:
It is a model name, like the Ford Fusion and Keystone Fuzion. Different spelling, same name.

That "different spelling" is the difference between a lawsuit and Peace on Earth....no such difference here. I s'pose this U.S. made "Tesla" RV is getting away with it because the car is from a different Country.

Better get your facts straight. Tesla Motors headquarters is in Palo Alto, CA and that's where the cars are made. Their R&D dept. is in Hawthorne, CA. All American made. I should know, I air conditioned the old airplane hanger they're now using in Hawthorne. I've seen and stood next to the clay models of the current model S, the future coupe, the future SUV.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
Stupid money.
Brian
2014 Dutchmen Voltage V300
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB 4X4 Duramax LMM/LTZ/Z71

nwcutie
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking at a $65K price without a trade (we would sell our current rig ourselves)

I am curious as to the fit, finish,and durability of these rigs.

We have also talked about a used class A and enclosed, so still figuring it out.

We have gone from 6 or 7 people and 6 or 7 quads to 3 or 4 people with quads, so it would be nice to have something that is not so big.

However, our trailer is so roomy, comfortable, and familiar to us that we are not jumping to change - we are taking our time deciding what we really want.

We also like the fact that right now, everything is paid for....

Thank you for the input.
Children are unpredictable. You never know how high up the wall they're going to drive you!

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins/ Aisin /bagged diesel dually
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355 TH
kids and quads - life is great

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
Kordog wrote:
Most fiver Toy haulers have a MSRP of over $100k, that is the norm nowadays.

I would agree with you on the Voltage being over $100k. But I believe a majority of the other major brands are priced MSRP below the 100k level.

Kordog
Explorer
Explorer
Most fiver Toy haulers have a MSRP of over $100k, that is the norm nowadays. Mostly be paying between $65k and $80k for those units that have a $100k MSRP.
2011 Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Eeee--Gads! I just did a quick Internet search on "Tesla 3212". The first hit had that camper at $109,606. The second hit was $91.404. Looks like there are two slightly different models! I say, Eeee-Gads! For that price it better be darn well made! And "no!" This was not the car either!

I noticed the same thing. Even at 30% off I was not overly impressed with the pictures I saw. Perhaps in person its a different story. If you are willing to spend 109K then I think you have quite a few options to look at.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
WhitehouseLV wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Eeee--Gads! I just did a quick Internet search on "Tesla 3212". The first hit had that camper at $109,606. The second hit was $91.404. Looks like there are two slightly different models! I say, Eeee-Gads! For that price it better be darn well made! And "no!" This was not the car either!

...but you should be able to get 30% off ha ha :B

Maybe there's a real Tesla back there in the "toyhauler" part of the rig! 😉
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:

...but you should be able to get 30% off ha ha :B

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
christopherglenn wrote:
It is a model name, like the Ford Fusion and Keystone Fuzion. Different spelling, same name.

That "different spelling" is the difference between a lawsuit and Peace on Earth....no such difference here. I s'pose this U.S. made "Tesla" RV is getting away with it because the car is from a different Country.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614