cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This will be a first for me.

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
How many have hauled quads, full load of fuel and water in your haulers? Headed to Famoso Raceway (Bakersfield) for the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion next Thurs. (all dry camping) and have yet to do this. Just sounds like a lot of weight on the back end. THX.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
14 REPLIES 14

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Most mobile home parks have dump sites and water. Or any gas station when I've asked they always say yes go ahead.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Fill it all is what I'll do. Thanks.

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
freewayrandy wrote:
Thanks for all the tips. I may just wait to fill with water when I get closer to the track.

What a hassle. Just fill up and be done with it. Your fresh water tank full is only around 5-7% of the GVWR. Filling up along the way would be a pain in the @ss IMO.

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
momentum rv wrote:
freewayrandy wrote:
Thanks for all the tips. I may just wait to fill with water when I get closer to the track.

We haul to the desert full all the time... no worries

FYI not real sure where you will find water to fill up while on the road in the central valley, especially these days... they just don't give that stuff away any more. I would fill up before leaving home just to be safe. Have a good trip

ALSO your fresh water tank(s) is probably abovue (or in front of) the axles

Same here, fully loaded and then some. 😉
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
freewayrandy wrote:

We haul to the desert full all the time... no worries

FYI not real sure where you will find water to fill up while on the road in the central valley, especially these days... they just don't give that stuff away any more. I would fill up before leaving home just to be safe. Have a good trip

ALSO your fresh water tank(s) is probably above (or in front of) the axles
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
We do it a few times a year, fully loaded except for water. We usually have access to water about 20-50 miles from our camping area. You notice the weight, just go a little slower allow more space for stopping.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
We race 14 times per year and every time we head out the driveway, its holding over 100 gallons of water and the quads. When we go to the beach or somewhere with full hook-ups and no quads, its a treat with the lighter load.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have to empty fuel, water and waste tanks to stay under gross weight including the toys tanks.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Amazingly enough, our toyhauler does not reach it's gross weight with full water tanks, some food, clothing, a beer, garage full, riding gear, some tools, generator tank full, gas station full. About 15,000lbs on the 3 x 6300lbs (max of tires) axle group.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
On your way to the track you might stop at the scales and see just how much overweight you are.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
No problem to use up the whole GVWR of the trailer and truck!

With more weight on the back of the trailer, the hitch weight will drop a bit!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Did it for many years from San Diego to Glamis/Ocotillo Wells.

If you're concerned, stop closer to Famoso to fill with fuel/water, then go on to destination.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Isn't that the whole Toy Hauler idea?

IF TH GVWR is within trucks towing capabilities then no issue.

IF TH GVWR is more than trucks capabilities then could be big issues.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31