cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Veterans Day weekend @ Spangler Hills 2013

dedmiston
It seems like folks don't post their trips here as much as they used to back in the site's heyday. Here's one for you though.

We're putting together a trip to Spangler Hills for the Veterans Day weekend (11/8 through 11/11).

For those of you old timers who've been around the site for awhile, you'll probably remember that this marks the 9th anniversary of the original So Cal Rally organized by our old friends Diirk and LaCoFDFireman (hopefully I got his name right). Nine years ago this November a bunch of us took a chance and met up with some strangers from the internet. I've never met a stranger bunch of strangers. Many lifelong friendships were formed--lots of great rides, great fires, drinks drank, bones broke, dogs fornicated... You name it.

We're not expecting anything the size of the old rallies and we won't have the same kind of organized rides like the old poker runs, but it should still be a good group of folks and a good time.

When: Veterans Day Weekend
Who: It's hard to say
Where: The old Rally spot at Spangler Hills (directions from Mojave here)

RSVP in this thread or shoot me a PM if you think you're coming.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
107 REPLIES 107

baker01
Explorer
Explorer
We made the second rally, it was allot of fun (remember the rockets?). We are local to the area and will plan on being at Spangler.
Dusty & Mikki
Sirverado 3500 Dually 4x4
2019 Fuzion 369
2018 XPT
2006 Honda CRF450X
2006 Rhino 660
Harley FXSTC

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Trust me, the thought crossed my mind, but it was another 50 miles to get across to next road, and you can't out run a Motorola. I figured 1 of the 2 lookouts still manned would rat us out. Screwed up our whole trip though ๐Ÿ˜ž

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Camorhino wrote:
Most Gov't closures are done with an order covering a specific area. With the threat of a 10,000$ fine if caught breaking that closure order, most people stay away. I just dealt with it in Idaho in August, 50 miles out in the middle of BFE, on a barricade, was a piece of paper closing the road due to fire activity. Nary a soul around for miles, but I didn't have the 10g to get out of jail, so I turned around. Would have been nice to put the notice back out where we turned off the highway, and saved us 50 miles out and 50 miles back, but it was a good 50 miles anyways. On a broad closure like the desert, the BLM Ranger would just drive around and write tickets for awhile, and everyone would hear about it and stay away.

You are a good man-
I would have thrown the barricade in the bushes and driven on! ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Most Gov't closures are done with an order covering a specific area. With the threat of a 10,000$ fine if caught breaking that closure order, most people stay away. I just dealt with it in Idaho in August, 50 miles out in the middle of BFE, on a barricade, was a piece of paper closing the road due to fire activity. Nary a soul around for miles, but I didn't have the 10g to get out of jail, so I turned around. Would have been nice to put the notice back out where we turned off the highway, and saved us 50 miles out and 50 miles back, but it was a good 50 miles anyways. On a broad closure like the desert, the BLM Ranger would just drive around and write tickets for awhile, and everyone would hear about it and stay away.

dedmiston
Camorhino wrote:
I'm sorry, I was being a bit facetious. But according to the vote tonight, we are saved from ourselves for another few months. Will be open for business tomorrow.

It would take a ton of personnel to close the desert.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Then you must have fit right in, Kev....... ๐Ÿ˜‰

McKenziek
Explorer
Explorer
I met a few wierd dudes that weekend ^^^:B
2005 Monaco Diplomat

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry, I was being a bit facetious. But according to the vote tonight, we are saved from ourselves for another few months. Will be open for business tomorrow.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
open BLM land is still open, just no permitted events allowed. The D37 National in Johnson Valley was rescheduled from last weekend to 11.23.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Camorhino wrote:
Are you sure the desert will be open by then? They could have it locked up still.......

I cant find anywhere that says its not open, even tho it is regulated by the BLM.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure the desert will be open by then? They could have it locked up still.......

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
derwud wrote:
Oh I don't know, meeting strangers from the Interweb, can be scary!!!

I thought after meeting Dave we were in the clear?

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
fly-boy wrote:
Strabo wrote:
derwud wrote:

No kidding.....

If that's not the pot calling the kettle scary I don't know what is!

Lol......Fun times for sure!!!!
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:
derwud wrote:

No kidding.....

If that's not the pot calling the kettle scary I don't know what is!
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
derwud wrote:

No kidding.....