cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Whats the benefits of a Fan-tastic vent

Sparky502
Explorer
Explorer
A coworker of mine was talking about a salesman giving him a pitch on the Fan-tastic vent fan. What's the advantages and purpose of them?
2011 GMC 2500 Duramax/Allison
2011 Sabre Silhoutte 320 FQDS
22 REPLIES 22

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
We had one on our last fifth wheel and installed on this new one. We have a second roof vent right over the bed, so we set the thermostat on the fame so it shuts off when it reaches a certain temp. Makes for good sleeping.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
sail2liv you just gave me an idea. If I remove the screen and hone the edges of the blades to super sharp. I can stand of a foot stool and get a free hair cut without having hair left on my neck.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
We have three Fantastic Vents, main living area, bathroom and bedroom. The one over the bed has a MaxAire cover so it has to be opened manually.

You can add one quite easily if there is a vent you can replace.

All three have temp sensors and multiple manual speeds via remote, the uncovered two have rain sensors as well.

We love them and use them 90% of the time instead of AC.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

noahrexion
Explorer
Explorer
I removed my ac and opted for a 2nd fan.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with all of the above. It's one of the most valuable features of my MH.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
Great company with great service

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
It sucks the baseball cap right off your and and if no screen chops it up in little pieces.....so is really moving some air.....

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
We have a basic Fantastic fan in out smallish TT (21ft). It easily vents the TT while being very quiet. Even in the rain, I just lower the vent cover to only about an inch open and it works great - not quite as much as movement, but no rain comes in.

When we are camping with electric hookup, the fan is running basically all the time.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the Maxxaire type with the fan moved out back and aimed down better as they can be left open and operating in the rain and noise is removed.
bumpy

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
They do move a lot of air for there size and they are quiet.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even in my OFF-ROAD POPUP they work great. I crack open a couple of the tent bed flaps on the other end and it pulls cool night air through the POPUP all night long.

Wouldn't be without mine for sure...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Maxxfan is another option. We have a fully automatic with remote. Thermostat and runs in rain. Can turn on or off without getting out of bed. Awesome. Also have the fantastic create a breeze "out only" with fantastic hood to ventilate the bathroom. Sooo much better than the cheapo bathroom fans.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Moves a lot of air and is perty quite
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Love mine so much that instead of an AC in the bedroom, I'm going to install a second one.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman