cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which 5th wheel factory tour would you recomend.

mowtown
Explorer
Explorer
My father and I are going to take a week to do some traveling some time in Feb and one thing we want to do is see a fifth wheel being made so I would like opinions on which factories we should visit.
21 REPLIES 21

Kampfirekid
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Heartland... Once. I believe to this day, we just got a lemon. Unfortunately, the way the manner was handled, we said we'd never buy another. It's sad. I like what they offer, but the way we were treated after the "factory" destroyed our unit, I don't know how to trust them again. Since all the local dealers have vaporized, I can't find many trailers around.
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 5โ€“/2 foot bed. 3.0L Powerstroke,
Loaded. 2020 K-Z Connect SE 241BHKSE

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
Lifestyle Luxury RV in Middlebury, IN. Visited a bunch, bought from them. Time will tell if I chose right or wrong!
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

mslater
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
minnow wrote:
Gunship Guy wrote:
mslater wrote:
took the Heartland tour last sept.โ€ฆ.it started at 3:30 after the workers left, they turned off the lights. we walked around with the night lights on . what crap, you couldn't hardly see ,and i considered it dangerousโ€ฆ. so take a flashlight with you

The same thing happened when we took the tour!

Many of us were walking around using the light from our phones. People were tripping over debris on the floor and bumping into parts, etc.

The tour guide acted like he didn't want to be there. He wasn't well-informed and even gave out inaccurate info and was corrected by members of the group.

It left a really bad impression with many of us who stood outside after the tour wondering what we just experienced.

Which to me speaks volumes about them. If this is Heartland's putting their best foot forward then I don't want one of their rigs. Just imagine the support and concern they'd show after the sale.

My thoughts exactly.

ken

No. It's a liability issue. Those people on the line move fast and furious. A bystanders will be in their way. Moving equipment and all. YOU are the insurance risk they do not want to take. It has nothing to do with their quality OR follow up customer service.
i don't think you understand its not that its after hours its the issue of turning the full lights on so you can see โ€ฆnight lights are for safe passage out of an area not for working or viewing .im sure if OSHA had been there things would be different

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is a liability issue, how do other manufacturers let you see a coach being built? I think it is they are concerned that a customer sees how well or badly they build them.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
minnow wrote:
Gunship Guy wrote:
mslater wrote:
took the Heartland tour last sept.โ€ฆ.it started at 3:30 after the workers left, they turned off the lights. we walked around with the night lights on . what crap, you couldn't hardly see ,and i considered it dangerousโ€ฆ. so take a flashlight with you

Many of us were walking around using the light from our phones. People were tripping over debris on the floor and bumping into parts, etc.

The tour guide acted like he didn't want to be there. He wasn't well-informed and even gave out inaccurate info and was corrected by members of the group.

It left a really bad impression with many of us who stood outside after the tour wondering what we just experienced.

Which to me speaks volumes about them. If this is Heartland's putting their best foot forward then I don't want one of their rigs. Just imagine the support and concern they'd show after the sale.

My thoughts exactly.

ken

No. It's a liability issue. Those people on the line move fast and furious. A bystanders will be in their way. Moving equipment and all. YOU are the insurance risk they do not want to take. It has nothing to do with their quality OR follow up customer service.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
minnow wrote:
Gunship Guy wrote:
mslater wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Gunship Guy wrote:
mslater wrote:

1slomofo
Explorer
Explorer
Gunship Guy wrote:
mslater wrote:

Wow thats crazy!!! I would have been really upset.

Over here on the other side of the country I just recently toured Eclipse RV in Riverside CA - It was in the middle of the work day.. All lights on - personal tour guide, any information i wanted and if I wanted to stray or ask specific questions I was free to do so. Could be as short or as long as I wanted.

-2015 32SAG Eclipse Attitude Toyhauler
-2010 Mosebilt 2-seater Long Travel Sand Car
-2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
-2006 Kawasaki Kfx400
-1984 Wife

Gunship_Guy
Explorer
Explorer
mslater wrote:

2017 Weekend Warrior (by The RV Factory)
2013 Ram 3500 Longhorn LB DRW 4x4 Aisin 4.10

Previous:

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 41'
2006 DRV Mobile Suites 38'
Volvo 770

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
DRV in Indiana and Petersen (Excel) in Kansas. Quality manufacturers.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.

jbeletti
Explorer
Explorer
mslater wrote:

mslater - sorry to hear this. This should not have happened and has been addressed with the plants.
Jim & Nancy and Emme (the Yorkie)
2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Ashland
2012 Ford F450 Lariat Ultimate with Classy Chassis Aluminum Hauler bed

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
I also recommend the Drv factory in Howe, IN.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
get a hold of keystone.

Montana is one brand.

Goshen, Indiana

We took the Keystone Cougar tour. It was an after hours tour. OK but would have preferred seeing the process in action.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.