cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Toy Hauler ?

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. New here.. plan to be around a while I bet..

I'm sure you folks have seen 100's of which toy hauler questions?

Wife and I are ebayers.. planning to be fulltimers "picking" around north america and doing some Ebay to generate a little income as we go..Planing a 3-5 year trip..

We have considered Class A's Pushers .. used, mostly, but there just is not enough room for us to carry some "selling" stuff with us.. So we arrive at toy haulers..

These seem to offer what we want.. mostly.. but they don"t seem to offer the luxury of class A pusher.. but does offer the space we need.. and I get to keep my truck for picking and swapmeeting .. etc..

Soooo.. I've read the questions here.. and seems many have different opinions on these..

Here is the question.. for 100k and less.. Which company makes the best 40 or so footer ?I think I have it narrowed down to these 4.. Voltage? Cyclone? Fuzion ? or Raptor ?

I'm starting to get confused on these.. and would hate to just go find the fully loaded ones.. and base it on price alone.

I have a 2013 3500 dodge dually diesel which I think will do the job for any of these ?

Thanks
Steve
16 REPLIES 16

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
2008Wildcat wrote:
I would look into the Grand Design Momentum line.

They are the ONLY toyhauler in the market using a drop frame, so you will have more storage in the front pass through area than anything else out there. The 40' model also has a 12' garage, and any options to make it what you need it to be.

Not true about the drop frame.

There was a Raptor at the recent show in Dallas that had a drop frame. I don't recall the model.

I've noticed that with toy haulers (I don't pay attention to other types), being the only one to do something doesn't last. The competitors don't take long to incorporate popular designs or features into new models.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler

Kordog
Explorer
Explorer
Junk4U, Grand Design is releasing a new floor plan soon, the 380TH, it will have the TV across from the couch. I bought the 385TH, and the moment I walked into it (after seeing all the rest, Voltage included) I knew it would be my new toy hauler. Just the best of everything in there. Personally the TV location is not a factor, I don't turn them on, I am camping. Good luck picking, there are a lot of choices out there, it took me three years to find my trailer. Happy camping...
2011 Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH

JKChad
Explorer
Explorer
After searching for the last few months. My bro-in-law and Sister signed on a new 2014 heartland Road Warrior RT 425 last week. We work and travel together about 6-8 months of the year and I tend to be the mechanical/thinker/researcher. They were dead set on a voltage, because their good friend has one and they really like it. After seeing many options, side by side. The Heartland Road warrior and Cyclone seemed better built for the money. We all liked the hydraulic leveling system and slides over electric units in the voltage. The voltage definitely has a few higher end options, but nothing we couldn't live without or add to the RW 425 for far less then what an OEM would charge for it.

The New Cyclone 4200 should be hitting the lots by the end of the month. Those have some really cool features and unique options. My bro-in-law and sister almost held out for the 4200, but they really love the 425 and felt it would be a great, available, option.

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
chiefneon wrote:
Howdy!

One of the main reasons we chose Cyclone over many others was they do not use Schwintek slides. I have friends that have Schwintek slides and there are noted problems on the internet documenting there problems. Any unit with only one Schwintek slide was a NO GO for us. Also we compared them side by side on the dealership lot and the Cyclone won out.

Take a look at this link it may help Cyclone vs Voltage

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

The Schwintek mechanism isn't the issue, it is how certain mfgs are installing them.

Anything with a 2" sidewall is fine, it is when they try to install the system in a thinner sidewall that issues happen.

Winnebago is using the Schwintek system in all their motorhomes without issues, as well as several others mfgs.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
chiefneon wrote:
Howdy!

One of the main reasons we chose Cyclone over many others was they do not use Schwintek slides. I have friends that have Schwintek slides and there are noted problems on the internet documenting there problems. Any unit with only one Schwintek slide was a NO GO for us. Also we compared them side by side on the dealership lot and the Cyclone won out.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Good link.. the comparison is a bit dated, I think.. Did voltage make any changes in 2 years?

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Hijack time.

What is the consensus on XLR's?
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.

Seems none of these people believe in watching TV. Most you have to turn your head to see tv.. rather than being straight forward..

Couple designs have addressed that thc Voltage 3970 , cyclone 4000 , Fuzion 404 , raptor 412ts..

I prefer this kind of set up I think.. versus a wall of straight seating..

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
I would look into the Grand Design Momentum line.

They are the ONLY toyhauler in the market using a drop frame, so you will have more storage in the front pass through area than anything else out there. The 40' model also has a 12' garage, and any options to make it what you need it to be.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
Starting to see 2015's.. I will be ordering in maybe 2 months.. or less. should I be looking at 2015's?

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
englishmatt wrote:
we decided on a Crossroads Elevation 3912. We found the Elevation line had various uniquenesses when compared to others. Since we purchased our TH in November 2013, we still visit the various RV dealers and enjoy going in and out the new units.

I love the fact I have a King Bed, Full Size Residential shower, 50" TV and various other features/funtions that really made our unit standout from the rest.

We paid in the high 60's and that included a Wineguard DirecTV travlr system.

Even compared to the 2014 models, we still believe we made the best decision all round.

I pull it with a 2013 RAM 2500 SRW.

Check out the Elevation line.

Cheers,

Matt.

Looks intresting.. could be a option. We are needing to go see one.. and another.. seems camping world in st george UT carrys them.. will take a ride up.. I'm in Vegas.. there is nothing here.. no one stocks anything.. and resellers are hard to find. there are only 2 small ones really..

Thank you.

englishmatt
Explorer
Explorer
we decided on a Crossroads Elevation 3912. We found the Elevation line had various uniquenesses when compared to others. Since we purchased our TH in November 2013, we still visit the various RV dealers and enjoy going in and out the new units.

I love the fact I have a King Bed, Full Size Residential shower, 50" TV and various other features/funtions that really made our unit standout from the rest.

We paid in the high 60's and that included a Wineguard DirecTV travlr system.

Even compared to the 2014 models, we still believe we made the best decision all round.

I pull it with a 2013 RAM 2500 SRW.

Check out the Elevation line.

Cheers,

Matt.

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
chiefneon wrote:
Howdy!

After much research we decided on Heartland Cyclone 4000 elite. Here is a vood place to start look.

HEARTHLAND OWNERS

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

That is the exact model on my list.
Can you make a few point on why you chose this one over .. lets say the Voltage?

Junk4u
Explorer
Explorer
rcpd34 wrote:
Welcome! I haven't see one yet, but I understand the new TESLA is the plushest toyhauler around. Look here:

http://www.goevergreenrv.com/page/276/Tesla

Seems to more of the same to me.. and not as main stream as the rest..

I will look at it more later.. thanks.