cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

any full time rituals?

Curt_and_Marie
Explorer
Explorer
OK shoot me if I am to corny but in June, after we have our epic garage sale and throw the keys to the house back at the lousy landlord we are stepping into our coach and heading out for phase 2 of life. Are there any rituals that should be conducted ie, bust champagne bottle over the front axle or what?:@
14 REPLIES 14

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
It's funny how the season brings on urges like a farmer feels when it's time to plant and harvest, we're going to be leaving to go back to Ontario for the summer in about five weeks and the urge to get the oil/fuel filter change is nagging at me and the first thing this morning I had the urge to call tire Minder for my free replacement batteries and O-rings (fantastic tire pressure monitorclick) so I guess that's my ritual.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

beetle1
Explorer
Explorer
We retired, sold the house, bought a new 40 foot 5er and dually diesel and now been on the road for 5 months. Our ritual is looking at each other about 2-3 times each day and saying "is this real or a dream"??. Moving with the weather and seeing sights we never had time to do on 1-2 week vacations before is amazing. With laptops, facebook and smartphones all we do is irritate all those we left behind!!We may need to settle down with a new grand kid on the way next fall, but until that decision it is all FUN ahead.

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
Our ritual when we arrive at a new location and have everything set up and
hooked up is to hug, kiss, and say "Welcome Home" Been doing it for 8 years!

Curt_and_Marie
Explorer
Explorer
That's the best advice I have heard yet. I just read it to the DW and she smiled and nodded, guess we have our ritual! Since retiring from 26 years in the Army I have been teaching high school in Detroit, I am so glad I have the ability to leave here. I am waiting for the school year to end and to get on with our full time experience. Marie and I along with our 5 year old Granddaughter who I will homeschool along this great country's trails. June 13, June 13, June13, June 13. June 13

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Look back once in a great while to see how far you have come, and take the road less traveled.

pops

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
We do have a ritual that we very seldom skip.
Every time we hook up to move on down the road we give each other a kiss, a hug and an "Ilove you".We have been known to stop,get out and take care of that,then get back in the truck and off we go.
Ya just never know what the day is going to bring!
Hope to see you "On the road".
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

Cygany
Explorer
Explorer
I start a countdown when it's time to move on or we are half way thru our camphosting.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Just kept repeating the poem...
No yard to mow
No hay to pitch
Just turn the key
On the son of a (fill in the blanks)
LOL!!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Gunship_Guy
Explorer
Explorer
Our ritual is to not keep track of what day it is.
2017 Weekend Warrior (by The RV Factory)
2013 Ram 3500 Longhorn LB DRW 4x4 Aisin 4.10

Previous:

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 41'
2006 DRV Mobile Suites 38'
Volvo 770

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
On our first night, we christened the new camper,and our new life with champagne across the tongue. I could not get the darn bottle to break so we poured it.

The next morning, there were raccoon tracks all around the area. I hope we did not intoxicate the local population of raccons!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We didn't do the Jitterbug, but we did do the HAPPY DANCE ! I think that, and the secret handshake are required.....:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Remove watches from wrists. Your phone becomes your watch.
Throw alarm clocks out!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only phase 2? You have led a much too sheltered life!
Ritual? I don't think so other than giving your partner a big kiss to welcome each other to the greatest life style on the Planet and allowing the road to take you where it takes you. There are going to be some bumps and you might second guess your choice. Don't! This, too, will pass. As a 17+ year fulltimer, with the best partner on the Planet as a companion, I can absolutely tell you that life does not get better than this!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Actully Curt and Marie, Its a mandatory ritual to perform a short dance to ward off the evil gremlins that sometimes follow the folks who don't perform this ritual before leaving on your new mobile lifestyle!

Jitterbug!

Best of luck and don't worry...we're here to help...as a matter of fact we are nothing BUT helpful! :B
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W