cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am HOMELESS!

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
I had a plan, it just didn't work! The original plan was, buying the new RV in mid March, already have the week scheduled to be off and everything. Sell the S&B. Hit the road. Well...so I figured I would be a smart boy, and go ahead and clean out the house down to the bare minimum, so I called the kids and gave them everything they wanted, had a yard sale and got rid of most of the furniture except what I HAD TO HAVE in order to live here. You know, a bed and a chair and a TV. Talk about an empty house! Anyway, cleaned out the barns and outbuildings and moved what I wanted to keep into storage.

I THOUGHT it would take at LEAST two or three months to sell the house. It sold in less than 2 weeks for full asking price! I signed all the paperwork today, I will clean up and clear out the rest of my stuff tomorrow. (That will take an hour TOPS) and at that point, well I am HOMELESS!

I guess I should say HOUSELESS instead of HOMELESS, but you get the idea. Problem is, there is no possible way to take a week off before mid March, so I guess I will be a couch guest at my Daughters for a couple of weeks.

Upside is, quality time with my two grandsons :)!! Do I regret it? NOPE! 🙂
22 REPLIES 22

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
vegichik wrote:
I have no RV and don't want one BUT I want to live the RV lifestyle because I enjoy the people I meet. My plan is to rent an RV from a lovely couple who don't use theirs very often. Thought we had the perfect plan but now I'm finding that the RV parks are so pricey. By the time I pay for the RV rental plus the park rent, it's around $1500 month. Ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Some CG's have "Park Model" RV's on site that you can rent monthly. They are RV's, but are usually set in place and don't move.

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
vegichik wrote:
I have no RV and don't want one BUT I want to live the RV lifestyle because I enjoy the people I meet. My plan is to rent an RV from a lovely couple who don't use theirs very often. Thought we had the perfect plan but now I'm finding that the RV parks are so pricey. By the time I pay for the RV rental plus the park rent, it's around $1500 month. Ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Trailer Parks or buy into a RV Park that has units.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

vegichik
Explorer
Explorer

rkortes
Explorer
Explorer
I'm jealous..... sounds like great planning and execution mixed with a little luck! 🙂
Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax/Ali
Toy Hauler - 2008 Ragen FA3005
The Journey Is The Destination!

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice! :C
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Just don't get in a hurry to buy the first rig you look at. Take your time.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) 🙂
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
CONGRATS!!! We were just really lucky that we had found our first FW just prior to putting our house on the market. We figured it would take at least a month or so to sell. It sold in 3 days!
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

_tpc_
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new lifestyle! Question though, if you needed a place to stay for 2 weeks, why not have that in the terms of selling? Or was it just not cost effective because of the new owners mortgage terms?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Enjoy your new lifestyle.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Cleaning out all the stuff must have sold the house.
Enjoy the couch surfing while you can. Congrats.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
The term is homefree. Not homeless. Congrats. Happy trails.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. So begins a new chapter. Very excited for you. Take your time and buy something you can really live with. Best wish's.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I hope I have that luck when mine goes up for sale! Congrats to you!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations! It's a great life. 🙂
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8